Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
That story of Donkey Kong being called that because they looked up stubborn and came up with donkey would make way more sense if they looked up stubborn, saw the phrase "stubborn as a mule" and then mistranslated mule into donkey or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Giggs posted:

You guys I don't think Mario wants to be in this game anymore.

Keith is literally Arino.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm pretty sure the Steam offline mode got fixed a while back. The only caveats to it are that you you have to play a game online once before it can be used in offline mode and that if you force Steam to quit through task manager or something instead of manually closing it then it might not be able to start offline, but otherwise you can start it offline.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

LethalGeek posted:

Long there are 4 people. Watching people getting mad at mario party's RNG bullshit is always great.
A Mario Party double date would only end with at least one relationship ending during the bonus stars.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
When this LP started I was hoping you'd play through the entirety of the Mario RPGs because they are really good, but after seeing how long Mario 3 is taking I'm not sure I do any more.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Man that background music while you were painting was chill as gently caress.
I could listen to that forever.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's nice to see that you guys are being responsible adults and teaching this child good life lessons:

Seriously though the sound clip for "I like your choice" continues to be the best thing about these games.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

MR. J posted:

You gonna do it again when we get to the GBA? :v:
And then again when we get to the Wii.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dark Cohomology posted:

Not every Nintendo multiplayer game needs to be the spawn of Mario Party.
But they would all be way better if they were.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Kyle is the American Arino.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Spirit Tracks also has the best characterisation of Zelda in the whole series, but no-one will ever know because it was one of the DS games with stylus controls so no-one played it.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It turns out that the English were totally okay with Joan of Arc saying she heard the voices of saints, it wasn't until she told them she had visions of Mario's Time Machine that they convicted her of heresy.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I take it that no-one has mentioned Bowser's Inside Story because we're all in silent agreement that it's the best Mario RPG right?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So you guys are going to do full playthroughs of Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island when you get to them right?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Kyle had to be bullshitting about Hitler being in Dragonball Z, I need to look this up because there's no way that's...

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dictator posted:

"Blonde hair!? Blue eyes!? Super strength!? I should be recruiting them..."

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dictator posted:

Unlike his real life counterpart, The Dictator actually leads his army into battle. However, this may be due to him being undead.
holy poo poo I need to watch this movie

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The next time you guys are outside Peach's castle you should play the game where you climb the tree that spawns a 1 up that chases you and you have to stay away from it for as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I don't know if they ever did this in a later Mario Party game because I pretty much dropped off after the first few Gamecube ones, but I always thought Mario Party would be better if there were like 15 possible bonus stars and then it randomly picked which three would be awarded at the end of a game so they are always completely out of nowhere and you have no way of aiming to get them.
As it is they are the pretty much the least random thing about Mario Party and aside from the one for landing on green spaces you can actively try to get them, and the chances are you know who has got the minigame one and the coin one before the award ceremony even starts.

• Locked thread