Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
You guys blocked me from commenting on Youtube! Now I have to come here to say how much I enjoyed seeing you guys struggle with the fireball AI. HE STAYS AT YOUR LEVEL GUYS, COME ON.

Oh. I get why you guys blocked me.

Loving the idea of this, I can't wait to watch all of the videos, listening to you guys play all Sonic was a treat, especially towards the end.

Trying to figure out a way to be complimentary without it coming off as sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

19LettersLong posted:

You must have said something pretty awful for me to block you... Like awful as in containing some kind of racial or homophobic slur. At least that's why I usually block people. : / But tell me your ID I guess and I'll unblock you.

Triskitout I think? I'm pretty sure I just gave you guys poo poo in a heartfelt way about being bad at stuff. To be fair, I did it a lot. In my defense it was a coping mechanism for some of the Silent Hill videos.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

I rest my case :colbert:

Wikipedia on Cathode ray tube amusement device posted:

The cathode ray tube amusement device is the earliest known interactive electronic game to use a cathode ray tube (CRT). Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estle Ray Mann constructed the game from analog electronics in 1947

:smuggo:

Someone should call mario because you just got ONE UPPED.

(god forgive me)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I argue that mario votes are the same as nobody is the best, it's like two left candidates against a single right! Representative democracy, down with the authoritarian rule masquerade!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Pyrovile posted:

A Mario Party double date would only end with at least one relationship ending during the bonus stars.

Keith and Kyle's :(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ready Player One is a fantastic book, like a crazy mash-up of .hack meets willy wonka meets 80's pop culture references and videogames.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ready Player One is a great book. It's dystopian Willy Wonka set in Second Life in the 80's

and also kind of .hack?

Also when else does that bowser music play? I've only ever heard it in Mario RPG before.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Somethingdumb posted:

We never know which games need to be learned beforehand until, not only after we play it, but after we release it. The occasional misstep is a way better outcome than losing the first impressions of most of these games.

I definitely agree, but also in that once that initial impression has been reached is it just unfeasible to do a quick google during recording? At least for simple gameplay rules or something.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The dynamic shift with her being there was interesting. You seemed like you were trying to be a bit more and the opening poo poo was incredibly amusing to me. Also because you're people I follow actively I don't click like. Sorry :(

Also, that explanation of what PAX was seemed like he was bullshitting someone.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

Month/Day/Year is dumb and you know it.

D/M/Y or Y/M/D

March 3rd, 2012

check and mate

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The Never Ending Story book was vastly superior

ATREEEYUUUU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
This whole thing is cute. Grats on what seems to be a successful (and silent?) campaign though!

(you sellouts)

I want to get to the more recent Mario's old stuff is kind of a snooze.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Watching along somehow. This is kind of...neat.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

leekster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKN_wt527E

I know this is the wrong LP but I thought this was still relevant. This has so many layers to it I'd have to think it's satire. They've also done Mario related stuff but it was just mushroom cupcakes, and didn't have the "professional" cosplay.

This is oddly amusing.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Mario ladies and gentlemen! Very contraversial stuff.

More superscope videos please, Yoshi's Safari is dabomb, nintendo has the best peripherals.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

ChairMaster posted:

You buy minigames for the free play mode with coins that get banked from all players at the end of each game, and stars are worth 50 coins each.

Dude, you just turn it on all Com's on HARD and leave it alone while you're doing something else

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Beartaco posted:

So now that they're charging can we dogpile on them?

Criticism's fine. BUT OH MAN HOW DID YOU LOSE A VIDEO FI-bluhlbuhbluh

I wonder how an all pod-cast LP would work.

(poorly)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

CJacobs posted:

My criticism is: Please don't post videos for your Let's Play that have nothing to do with the Let's Play besides the fact that you were playing the game at the time. It doesn't really bother me any because I enjoy you guys' podcast stuff too but that's kinda what the other posts were trying to get across.

Quoting to just sort of disagree. I usually listen to LP's more than watch, and if the choice was no content (as video footage had been lost) or this, then this was fine by me.

I vastly prefer the video being there of course, but what can you do.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Good episode up until GoT spoilers where I had to stop watching entirely =(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

probably should watch the shows you profess to like in a more timely fashion and post less whining about spoilers.

I've never watched it so maybe I won't like it, but I don't know why you're so concerned with my TV viewing habits haha.

ChairMaster posted:

Yea, whats the deal with that anyways? How is it that people get spoiled on a TV show that's already aired? If you like it so much then friggin watch it and if you don't wanna watch it then why care if it gets spoiled? This isn't the 1960s where if you miss your show you can't see it until reruns. You can record a TV show automatically when it comes on or you can use the friggin internet that's spoiling it for you in the first place to watch it.

My TV viewing doesn't usually coincide with when a show is on TV so I usually like to watch it way later. Is the concept of spoilers really alien? They put up the warning for a reason, because it's a legitimate thing. I mean I understand with this style of TV watching I'm more likely to get spoilers of course.

peeps real mad about spoilers for some reason

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
That is insanely catchy

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 14, 2014

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Haha, no.

I don't know, I like it, and the people I know do. But that's why I think it's universally liked.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

FinalGamer posted:

$200 is a lot for removing a virus when you can just get AVG or something and it does it for ya?

Okay so you're just telling us you never had to walk your parents through virus removal over the phone.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I appreciated the apology. You guys did start from the bottom now you're here :(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
the best thing about the prequels is darths and droids.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Holy gently caress you guys :allears:

I love this "TALK ABOUT THE GAME" "NO IT'S FINE" discussion in every Runbutton thread, like the tide, like the sun rising, it's a pillar of certainty in this dark chaotic world.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Tengames posted:

Its kinda amazing they decided the solution was to make it more annoying, rather then stop and think "maybe this mechanic is bad and we shouldnt use it?"

It's a good mechanic and that whining is solid design. Jesus. What is even going on in this thread.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

People are disagreeing about a subjective experience and apparently some people think that this is a weird thing on the Internet.

I'm more confused by the passion involved in this discussion. It's a weird thing to care about enough to wish someones children born stillborn chum!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Eh, they've already spent enough time on Yoshi's Island. A one-off video is fine considering how far they still have to go. And I love Super Mario RPG and Yoshi's Island.
Then why are you concerned with the time it's taking?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
You guys should have just ended there when you 'beat' the game and started to play something like Silent Hill for the rest of the video.

that would have been the best thing

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Oh dear lord that's just soooo much better.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

It makes sense to not finish the RPGs, since they're so long and text heavy that they don't really work with the run button format.

That being said, you guys better loving play the campaign mode of Mario Tennis on Gameboy Color to completion.

You mean gameboy advance right.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Hahahahaha calling later Mario games' controls SM64 "just smoothed out a bit" is like calling a sphere a cube.

Not that I don't like SM64 but come on.

...what did...

what did the metaphor even do for your sentence here

just...say it's wrong.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Wrong way to play Mario Party:

Care about anything happening
Try to win

If you can avoid those two things you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The reason they did one Yoshi story episode was probably to minimize the resharing of people's yoshi island opinions.

• Locked thread