Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Well, this I was not expecting. You guys are masochists of the highest calibur.

So, who's gonna be our GuidedCosine to complain about Super Mario Sunshine and call F.L.U.D.D. the worst character and argue with everything that's going on?

e.

Triskelli posted:

Where the hell are Mario Land 2 and 3 on that list :colbert:

Already stated that most of the side games will only appear on the list as they play them. Same thing they did in the Sonic thread. Check the OP.

bobbertoriley fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

e: Double post.

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Niggurath posted:

I don't think this ever happened. Also I don't see Hotel Mario on the list and thus every thing is already doomed.

So, I'm just wondering. If you think these threads are so terrible, why do I keep finding you in them?

...Stockholm Syndrome?

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Since it was asked in the video, I figure the blue hat on Mario is just because the two are a palette swap of the same sprite, and they used blue for his overalls. That way, you could just store the colors as a variable somewhere and then render the sprite on the fly. Did the exact same thing with Super Mario Bros. Why they chose the particular colors, dunno. (I think Luigi's colors in SMB are dumb, personally)

It took Nintendo until SMB2 to actually finalize the color scheme for Mario and Luigi (red/green shirt and hat with blue overalls), at least as far as the games are concerned.

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Mico posted:

Well on the one hand, I'm incredibly lazy. On the other hand, Kyle and Keith are content producing machines but they have alot of ground to cover.

On the third hand I have like 15 stars left.

You have three hands? That's amazing :v:

No, I'm more worried about diabeetus beating Mario Galaxy 2 before you beat Galaxy. It messes with my OCD over silly things for some reason.

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

I recently started emulating N64 on my Wii, using a Gamecube controller, and let me tell you, it makes everything far better with its button arrangement. The only thing you have to get used to is that the C stick is NOT representing an analog in that system, but rather 4 buttons. However, it's still in the right spot and color on the controller.

I've been using a Wavebird for a lot of Virtual Console emulation on my Wii, and it's the best controller for N64 games. Love the poo poo out of that controller. Shame the Wii U doesn't have backwards compatibility... So much better than their classic controllers.

I could always go in the reverse direction...http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Haha I forgot about the SHUT UP one. Also thought Guided was the one with the Shadow avatar

:v: More you know!

Kyle had the Shadow one briefly. We did give it to Guided Cosine for a while, and it was her avatar until she got banned.

Oh, reminiscing the good ol' days...:allears:

• Locked thread