Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

I'm not saying you guys should do 20 years of Sonic again, but if you did, I would totally watch it. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

The best thing about Mario games is that football players seem out of place, but a fruit-eating, frog-tongued dinosaur pal seems completely appropriate.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

I actually don't think they look that human in the game. I think what's weird is just the implication that football exists in the Mario universe alongside winged turtles and mushroom people.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

In today's age of console lifespans it's weird to think it, but the NES and the SNES co-existed for quite some time, and the NES had a good amount of games come out after the SNES became the main system, as we'll keep seeing for a little bit.

It's not that weird. The Wii U's been out for a year now and they've just now stopped making Wii games. Hell, they made PS1 games until, like, 2004.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

/\/\/\
Wow, now that I've looked it up, the PS2 is a way better example. They apparently released a game for it this year.

Ometeotl posted:

Just Dance 2014 just came out on both the Wii U and Wii, so it's still not done.

Really? They discontinued the console in Europe and Japan last month, so I figured they'd stopped making games for it.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

"Stop dot" made me laugh so hard I had to pause the video.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

Toad's looking practically nightmarish on that title screen. I think he might be taxidermied. :ohdear:

Every character looks nightmarish. They all look like strangers wearing their faces as masks.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

AzraelNewtype posted:

This is a really, really weird derail.

There's no such thing as a derail in a Run Button thread.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Mico posted:

I was laughing so hard I was actually crying I cant even deal with it.

Same here. When Keith started critiquing the drawing, I laughed until my stomach hurt a little.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

I love the face the Lakitu make when they throw Spinys.

I like to think they're shouting a battle cry.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Gotta love those Lakitu faces.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

There's a really good David Foster Wallace story that's in the second person.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Can someone post Cedric the Horgeporge in the thread?

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

These are wonderful.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Things like the relationship between Mario and Baby Mario or the nature of Yoshi's reproductive cycle are like the sacred mysteries in Catholicism: they are not for us to understand or question.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

What's more surprising, that this thread has been going on for that long, or that Ometeotl has been bitching about it for that long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Sum Mors posted:

Mario Party was a punishment. Especially on the N64 with the awful hard joysticks. I remember rotating it with the palm of my hand so much I caused the skin to blister.

You're not the only one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/671601.stm

• Locked thread