Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

GenHavoc posted:

If the previous history of this thread holds true, there will be five or six obscure games I've never heard of between now and then.

Man, I hope so. K&K Podcast Hour With Mario In The Background is fun and all, but I like the ones where they dig into some poo poo game no one knows and spend 10 minutes yelling at the game before they figure out how to cross the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I had a Genesis growing up, so I've never played Yoshi's Island. I really need to get around to that.

Davinci posted:

I can't believe you guys just flat out ignored that sick-rear end title screen music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oehP8zIUjMM

Just listen to that, not liking that should be a criminal offense.

I had no idea the Yoshi island song in Paper Mario was a remix!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

What kind of savage takes corned beef hash with eggs over eggs benedict? I mean, CBH&E is loving wonderful, but it just doesn't compare with eggs benedict.

Somethingdumb posted:

This is the couch pouch, i had totally forgotten i had the picture
https://twitter.com/somethingdumb/status/500078059907977217

This is adorable.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I always felt sorry for the poors with TI-83s. The high resolution display on the TI-89 provided a far superior gaming-during-math-class experience.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

This was a pretty great update, dudes.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Reveilled posted:

I liked Super Paper Mario despite its faults, but at times it felt less like a platformer with RPG elements, and more like a platformer with elements of a human experiment on how much a boredom a human being can endure.

I don't know what you're talking abou

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Forget Mario RPG, bring back Mario No Sweater.

Is this the general RunButton thread? Y'all are shockingly good at not being annoying nerds. I listened to the 70 minute podcast video and wanted more. Five minutes into How Are You Today and I've already laughed a half dozen times. Keep up the good work.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I keep hearing good things about the Galaxy games. They're among the best games ever according to Metacritic and any other game rankings list. But playing any game with the Wii remote sends me into sperg rage and I just can't do it. I've bought and sold the game twice just trying to play it. gently caress the Wii forever.

DaveP posted:

Every star, every world pls

Many of the stars are real grinds. We don't need any more RunButton grinds. A 70-ish star run would be great, though.

Houle posted:

I can't wait until you two put on your sleuthing hats and finally solve the 2 decade puzzle of L is the real 2041.

God I was disappointed when they didn't say anything about this in the Boo courtyard.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Oh mang, a Shenmue play through? Cool. I don't know anything about those games, but the recent Kickstarter hype has me curious.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I don't think I've said them out loud, but wicked/hecka grosso and hundo definitely pop up in my thoughts regularly.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jack Gladney posted:

You're chill thoughtful guys with perspective and grace and good ethics. You give me hope for the future and confidence in the younger generation.

You're a couple of good eggs and I'm glad I watched your videos.

It does kill me that I'm pretty sure K&K are both younger than me. I grew up with the Internet, so it's weird not being young on the Internet anymore.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Pidmon posted:

Are all three hats ever in the same level at one time? I recall from the 'sharking that there wasn't anything special for having all three effects at once... And now I'm wondering if MetalWinged Mario could fly underwater...

You can't triple-jump as metal Mario, so probably not.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The plot twist in RunButton Plays Mario season 3 is that Keith was the drat gay-rear end rock all along.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I didn't know the Shenmue stuff ended up on Patreon. I thought you just did the first video and abandoned it. I've been meaning to sign up for months, but that finally pushed me over the edge.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

stubblyhead posted:

I'm going to agree with K2 that pokemon picross was a fun game, but at best slightly free. I think I got about two hours out of it before I skills need to insert coin to continue. However I am a cheapskate and refuse to spend money on things like that on principle.

You refuse to spend money on games you enjoy, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Because he'd rather buy a game than get involved in a system of higher net costs designed to exploit his psychology, thus attempting to disincentive such systems.

The game has a cap at $30. Once you've spent $30, you've unlocked the whole game.

• Locked thread