Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Considering they needed the 12 zodiac keys, I like the idea of it being the Celestial Realm behind it. Which would probably mean destroying it in order to kill the dragons. The possession thing might just be a fakeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
New Chapter

Kinda loving all the different dragon designs

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

New Chapter

Kinda loving all the different dragon designs

That is certainly one element of the fanservice going on this chapter. Can't wait to see if any Dragon Slayers will actually live up to their names. And what will that do to the past?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That is certainly one element of the fanservice going on this chapter. Can't wait to see if any Dragon Slayers will actually live up to their names. And what will that do to the past?

Didn't the dragons more or less disappear around 400 year ago? Guess the Eclipse plan of the future was the answer all along. It really looks like Earthland would be better off getting rid of both the Magic Council and it's governments and letting the Guilds take over. They at least seem to be competent.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe we'll finally find out why the dragon slayers couldn't leave the "Over 80 years old" barrier from the arc where Laxus tries to take over the guild. But I doubt it.

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010
Because they're statues, obviously.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Maybe when their dragons disappeared they actually hid inside their respective dragon slayers? And the dragons are older than 80, assumedly.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I was more impressed by their sheer size on the first double page spread. Those are some big rear end dragons. Loving the designs too though. I wonder what kind of different powers the ones that make it through the portal will have? Though I am kind of curious what was just supposed to have happened to Natsu as well.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silento posted:

Maybe when their dragons disappeared they actually hid inside their respective dragon slayers? And the dragons are older than 80, assumedly.

No we saw Natsu and Wendy's dragons talking in a scene a long while ago. They're physically somewhere else.

Didn't Natsu and the other real Dragonslayers say their dragons disappeared on year 777(it's 791 now)? Did some dragons just choose not to come through the portal? But then if the future Lucy and Sting never showed up Lucy supposedly would've closed the door. But then where did the army of dragons come from? Ugh I hate time travel. And I have a feeling this isn't the end of it either/

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 12, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wasn't Wendy's dragon just some sort of thought projection?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
True, but Igneel was physically there.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RatHat posted:

No we saw Natsu and Wendy's dragons talking in a scene a long while ago. They're physically somewhere else.

Oh, right. Shows how little I care about Fairy Tail's plot. I'm here for the fire-punching and the hip-tumors, not a deep and compelling story! :downs:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Silento posted:

Oh, right. Shows how little I care about Fairy Tail's plot. I'm here for the fire-punching and the hip-tumors, not a deep and compelling story! :downs:

Exactly. I look forward to Natsu punching dragons with fire. It will be glorious.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

ChronoReverse posted:

Exactly. I look forward to Natsu punching dragons with fire. It will be glorious.

Given he can punch with fire and lightning, how long until he becomes Tiamat and just punches things with a rainbow of energies?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

New Chapter

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Can't decide which one I like best, Jay Leno Dragon or Immolated Skeleton Dragon

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So, are we going to end up with a 5 Dragonslayer Unison Raid?

Man that princess is stupid though, future Rogue is clearly not someone you can trust.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Gyges posted:

So, are we going to end up with a 5 Dragonslayer Unison Raid?

Man that princess is stupid though, future Rogue is clearly not someone you can trust.

Pretty much, I never trust anyone that asymmetrical.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
What are the chances that the 'favour' Gerard wanted is getting Cobra out of prison? We know he's still around because he was in the anime filler arc Mashima's canonised, and with him we've got seven dragonslayers versus seven dragons.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
The same thought came to me when I heard seven dragons.

I love how "using the power of all 12 zodiac keys" means "summon all 12 of the spirits at once and have them all push the doors together".

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Kuroyama posted:

The same thought came to me when I heard seven dragons.

I love how "using the power of all 12 zodiac keys" means "summon all 12 of the spirits at once and have them all push the doors together".

Yeah, that was lame. I mean, wasn't there all that talk about finding all 12 keys giving a zodiac mage immense power?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

attackbunny posted:

What are the chances that the 'favour' Gerard wanted is getting Cobra out of prison? We know he's still around because he was in the anime filler arc Mashima's canonised, and with him we've got seven dragonslayers versus seven dragons.

Cobra and Laxus aren't true dragonslayers though. I wonder if that'll matter.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Kuroyama posted:

Also, for some reason, the spirits were summoned by the two mages pressing their tits together. Mashima, never change.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

attackbunny posted:

I always forge that Laxus is technically a dragonslayer.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

attackbunny posted:

Isn't Cobra still a bad dude though?

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

The Fresh Prince posted:

At the end of the filler arc he seemed like he had one of those "oh wait I'm a huge rear end in a top hat" moments.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

I always forge that Laxus is technically a dragonslayer.

It's because he doesn't have a cat, isn't it?

The Fresh Prince posted:

They don't have to let Cobra go free. They could just bring him to the dragons, let him kill one, and then lock him back up.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I think one match up is fairly unavoidable, Natsu vs. Atlas, and as cliche as it will be I can't wait for it. Natsu will obviously get to say things like, "Your flames are nothing compared to Igneel's" and other ridiculous shounen non sense. If Natsu eats actual dragon flame/fire will he be even more supercharged? This is going to be great. I also predict that the dragons who disappeared somehow knew this was going to happen and were preparing for this time but for some reason can't or won't interfere on their own.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

attackbunny posted:

Wait, back up, what is this bullshit?

Do I actually have to watch the anime now?

And what was that thing on the front page about "Fairy Tail Best" on every week? I thought the anime was canceled?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SatansBestBuddy posted:

And what was that thing on the front page about "Fairy Tail Best" on every week? I thought the anime was canceled?

I think they're doing repeats Western TV style and just calling it Fairy Tail Best.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You probably shouldn't. That was probably also the filler where the serpent he rode was revealed to be a big-breasted teenage girl.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Here's a summary: Lucy finds part of a doomclock thing, the guild goes looking for the rest of it not knowing what it is, Earthland versions of the Edolas bad guys show up and antagonize them until a new and improved Oracion Seis shows up with Weirdo Giant Slot Machine Teddy Bear Guy and Eligor replacing Brain and Hoteye. Oracion Seis have all "sacrificed" something to get new power. Something something, good guys win, Oracion Seis goes back to jail but Cobra has a "moment" at the end with Kinana, who is the human form of Cubelios, his serpent. Spoilered in case anyone wants to actually go and watch it. I didn't think it was that bad, personally, but I also watched Fairy Tail at about 120% speed for a year or so.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chapter 329

Oh hey i forgot about the Poison dude!

attackbunny posted:

There you have it!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 30, 2013

bondster
May 6, 2007

I know I shouldn't overanalzye a manga about punching dudes with fire, but Fairy Tail irks me for some reason. If future Rogue created a magic to control dragons but it doesn't on work on the only dragon available in the future, how does he know it will work on the dragons at all once he pulled them from the past? It may be a translation issue, because at least according to this one, only Acnologia is there in the future?

bondster fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 30, 2013

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
DRAGONSLAYER MAGIC WORKS ON DRAGONS! :downs:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

bondster posted:

I know I shouldn't overanalzye a manga about punching dudes with fire, but Fairy Tail irks me for some reason. If future Rogue created a magic to control dragons but it doesn't on work on the only dragon available in the future, how does he know it will work on the dragons at all once he pulled them from the past? It may be a translation issue, because at least according to this one, only Acnologia is there in the future?

Isn't Acnologia actually a Dragon Slayer who killed a shitload of dragons, becoming a dragon himself? If future Rogue knows the origin, it seems reasonable to assume your dragon leash spell would work on "real" dragons even if it doesn't work on Acnologia. Maybe his dragon mentioned the concept of the spell to him when he was little and he just figured it out in the next 7 years.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm really disliking Rogue's design. It's kind of indicative of Mashima with "important" characters in that there's a set of pieces he'll cobble together for a big design and that's it. Rogue just has no character; it's like he was designed by a 12 year old to be the secret, real boss of the arc.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

pointlessone posted:

DRAGONSLAYER MAGIC WORKS ON DRAGONS! :downs:

The mangastream version is out, and they did a sliiiiiiightly better job with that line.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
Is that Cobra's prison uniform? Does the Magic Council outfit all its prisoners in snakeskin-patterned trousers and furry coats? "Oh man yeah make the tops of the sleeves all poofy like, that'll make them feel dead oppressed." Are the MC's prison inmates allowed to wear their own clothes? Does that mean that Gerard's prison getup not including a shirt was by personal choice? "Hey, Fernandes, you want to put a shirt on? Seriously we got loads you can have like eight." "No, I think I'll get more screen time if I'm providing fanservice."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

PFlats posted:

The mangastream version is out, and they did a sliiiiiiightly better job with that line.

I'd say that Mangastream made it sound about as natural as it's possible for it to sound without just skipping it entirely. The stupidity in their version isn't the line, it's that future Rogue never cottoned on that that might be a major weakness given he's a dragonslayer himself and he was going back in time to talk to a guild with several dragonslayers in it. I'm not sure how you think they could have made it sound better to be honest, and someone had to point it out eventually really, even if just to shock the non-dragonslayers out of the fugue caused by the Master's defeat (well, not really defeat so much as complete lack of effect) and the sheer fear enemies of that size/legendary status would naturally inspire.

Also, I remembered calling that Sting and Rogue killed their dragons at the dragon's own behest rather than because they were particularly cruel or something and looked it up in the old thread. Can't quote it since the thread is closed, but it's here for anyone who gives a poo poo, and nearly a year ago now. And was up to day 4 of the games by then even. Has this arc really gone on that long? Holy poo poo. Although this does answer where Natsu (and Wendy, Gajeel etc.) are getting their next power up since they presumably have never hurt or killed an actual dragon to the point of bloodying them seriously.

attackbunny posted:

Is that Cobra's prison uniform? Does the Magic Council outfit all its prisoners in snakeskin-patterned trousers and furry coats? "Oh man yeah make the tops of the sleeves all poofy like, that'll make them feel dead oppressed." Are the MC's prison inmates allowed to wear their own clothes? Does that mean that Gerard's prison getup not including a shirt was by personal choice? "Hey, Fernandes, you want to put a shirt on? Seriously we got loads you can have like eight." "No, I think I'll get more screen time if I'm providing fanservice."

Maybe he only went with them on the condition he could have his clothes back. He could be a very fashion conscious dude who missed his duds all those months in jail wearing the same ugly poo poo as everyone else.

tsob fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 4, 2013

• Locked thread