Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fairy Tail's plot is actually getting interesting for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Considering they needed the 12 zodiac keys, I like the idea of it being the Celestial Realm behind it. Which would probably mean destroying it in order to kill the dragons. The possession thing might just be a fakeout.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Silento posted:

Maybe when their dragons disappeared they actually hid inside their respective dragon slayers? And the dragons are older than 80, assumedly.

No we saw Natsu and Wendy's dragons talking in a scene a long while ago. They're physically somewhere else.

Didn't Natsu and the other real Dragonslayers say their dragons disappeared on year 777(it's 791 now)? Did some dragons just choose not to come through the portal? But then if the future Lucy and Sting never showed up Lucy supposedly would've closed the door. But then where did the army of dragons come from? Ugh I hate time travel. And I have a feeling this isn't the end of it either/

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 12, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
True, but Igneel was physically there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

attackbunny posted:

What are the chances that the 'favour' Gerard wanted is getting Cobra out of prison? We know he's still around because he was in the anime filler arc Mashima's canonised, and with him we've got seven dragonslayers versus seven dragons.

Cobra and Laxus aren't true dragonslayers though. I wonder if that'll matter.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, back up, what is this bullshit?

Do I actually have to watch the anime now?

And what was that thing on the front page about "Fairy Tail Best" on every week? I thought the anime was canceled?

You probably shouldn't. That was probably also the filler where the serpent he rode was revealed to be a big-breasted teenage girl.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some anime stuff is canon, even though it doesn't fit into the story at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nalin posted:

This isn't very hard. In the future, Acnologia destroys everything, so future Rogue goes back in time to create a dragon army to fight Acnologia. This dragon army destroys everything, so future Lucy goes back in time to stop the gate from opening. Which causes Acnologia to destroy the world. It is a time loop.

The only solution is for future Jellal to fix everything.

No, I think it's the other way around.

In Timeline 1 the gate opened and all 10,000 dragons came through. Future Lucy then goes back in time to stop the gate from opening, creating Timeline 2.

In Timeline 2 Future Lucy successfully closes the gate, but Acnologia ends up ruling the world. Future Rogue goes back in time to prevent Future Lucy from closing the gate, creating Timeline 3.

Timeline 3 is the current one. Because of Future Rogue's intervention the future isn't going to be the same as Timeline 2.

EDIT: Oops, mixed up Sting and Rogue.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 2, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

I'd add the fight between the dragonslayers and the final battle royal where Fairy Tail won without losing anyone.

Also anyone who doesn't think Elfman's fight is worthy of the highlight reel isn't a man.

On the other hand, the lowlights reel would have to include Wendy's and Mirajane's fanservice fights. And the fights in the castle were pretty bad too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still think Zeref's backstory is going to involve some time-travel fuckery, considering he knows Natsu somehow and looks very similar to Romeo. Also guessing a split-personality.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Plutonis posted:

Chapter 362

Is it just me or Mashima just ripped off that scene on the Alabasta arc on One Piece?

Flying characters taking a bomb that's about to go off into the sky isn't exactly a rare thing in video games/anime/comic books/ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way, the 80 years old thing isn't exclusive to Natsu anyway. I think it's just like dragonslayers having part of a Dragon's soul in them or something.

Either way that's easily the dumbest theory I've seen in this thread so far.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

This is a world where Jellal convinced everyone that he was totally not Jellal but another magic dude who just happened to look exactly like Jellal.

I must've missed this. When did this happen?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's a difference between the manga being popular and the anime being popular.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
About loving time Gray got a power-up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mashima has a new one-shot

http://readms.com/r/one_shot/Starbiter%20Satsuki/2542/1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still waiting to see if the Zeref=Romeo sent back in time(the kid in Fairy Tail) theory turns out to be true.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This is looking more and more like time travel fuckery.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The dragons all have pretty rad designs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think Karen was the sheep celestial spirit's old owner? I dunno, I can barely remember that arc anymore.

EDIT: Yeah, and Loki's.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 14, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kohon posted:

How could you forget Elfman?

Did anyone notice the foreshadowing between Gray/Juvia before the war started? Gray mentioned he would reveal his feelings after this was over which makes me think one of them might die. Mashima might actually kill someone if this is really the last arc.... but who am I kidding?

Or kill Juvia.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's also a Christmas special chapter out and it's uh quite something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's the biggest worf I've ever seen and it's hilarious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I remember Azuma.

I don't want to remember Kouka.

I don't remember the other sword chick though I'm guessing she was the one teemed up with the Owl who fought Natsu and the Rocker who fought Juvia and Lucy during the Tower arc.

God please tell me I'm wrong.

Please.

From checking the wiki, you're right.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also assuming that anyone in Fairy Tail would die from being stabbed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monaghan posted:

Well there seems to be a ton of fanatics on zeref's side and I don't think "attempt to kill the most powerful wizard in the world when his guard is down" is a completely illogical thing to do.

With a knife?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Should've made Brandish do a diagonal slash instead, surely that would kill him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harry posted:

So Lisana, Mira and Elfman are siblings right? So there's another sibling, that Lisana presumably only knows about?

What gave you the impression there was a 4th sibling?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm looking forward to whatever bullshit happens that allows Fairy tail to win.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone else think the proportions on Grey on the final page are a little...off? He has baby arms is what I'm saying.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spiderdrake posted:

Is there a term for powers in shonen you have but can't use because of censorship?

Like yeah you could explode everyone's spleens but you're not allowed since that would be too gory so instead giantess fetish.

Wolverine claws I guess.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Jesus, we finally remember that Natsu had magic cancer and it turns out it wasn't magic cancer this whole time. It was actually way more dangerous than magic cancer, but will inevitably be turned into a power up.

Since Lucy is technically the protagonist of the manga, is there any other protagonist ever who managed never, ever win. Not even once?

Lucy has won before though? She certainly doesn't have a great record but she's not Renji.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elfgames posted:

it seemed like the life shortening effect of fairy law was basically per target so if you use it on one or a hanndfull of dudes then yeah it's no big deal maybe a couple of days less who cares but against a million or so strong army then woops you died.

If 100 people=1 day then a million people would be 10,000 days, which is about 27 years. Since Makarov is really old already...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

It turns out erza is literally a sword like those two girls that worked for Eileen, but she's a really really well made one

Okay I like this theory.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can only assume you know that because you were searching for it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

So I haven't read Fairy Tail in over a year and decided to pop into this thread and check out the latest chapter. Am I correct in thinking that this recent bad guy seems to have the magical ability to make people experience sexual pleasure?

He can also make people really really hungry.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Fairy Tail 518

In this week's chapter, SephirothEileen casts Meteor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don't understand how Acnologia is a threat to Zeref at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Zeref treated his son like poo poo so his curse wouldn't kill him, but he ended up killing his son because he hated him anyway. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
EDIT: Not sure how I missed that.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 18, 2017

• Locked thread