Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wonder what's behind that gate that's so heinous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Silento posted:

Oh, right. Shows how little I care about Fairy Tail's plot. I'm here for the fire-punching and the hip-tumors, not a deep and compelling story! :downs:

Exactly. I look forward to Natsu punching dragons with fire. It will be glorious.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Haha, I honestly didn't expect that one.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Her NEW arc of time works on people: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/263?id=96874

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'm taking a somewhat more pessimistic happy ending for Future Lucy here actually. I think she's still dead. It's just that she's re-united with the rest of the Fairy Tail which is kinda like heaven for her at least.

That future is definitely going to change though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I agree. I was actually quite unhappy with the original result but this is much better while still being a sacrifice

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I dunno about that. I feel like instantly aging to 90 or however old is still a gigantic sacrifice and maybe a bit more interesting than just dying. It's not often that I'd praise Mashima's characterisation, but I think it rounds out her arc nicely. She essentially sacrificed her life as it was, but still got the opportunities to appreciate that what she did wasn't in vain and enjoy her redemption. Keep in mind that immediately after casting the spell, she thought the effect was so minimal that it was totally useless. I guess what I'm saying is that this isn't Berserk. It would feel really out of place if she died thinking her sacrifice was entirely in vain.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Does anyone know who the fourth founding member of Fairy Tail is?

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 11, 2013

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

I already know Mavis, Hades and now Warrod. Who's the fourth one?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I assumed that was a young Makarov.

EDIT: But then, he was the second guildmaster, so probably not.

We've seen young Markarov when Hades was a bit older so it's not him for sure. I was wondering if it was touched upon in some other material (like the anime) that I haven't seen.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
For Chidori, it's based on this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachibana_D%C5%8Dsetsu

If you've read Naruto, the story will sound familiar.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
And then Natsu will eventually eat it.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Please don't get Worfed, please don't get Worfed...

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

bondster posted:

New Chapter

Hiro Mashima you actually surprised me for once! Wasn't expecting the guild to lie about Laxus saving the town, then show a brief glimpse of the chaos still going on

Whoa this chapter, I shared the same sentiments.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Laxus crushed his opponent but he lost the engagement both in the immediate and in the long-term =(

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If I were Natsu, I'd just keep punching explosion dude over and over with the power of EXPLOSION FISTS.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
@tsob

Yeah, I thought the same. I hope it's some sort of translation glitch.

As for the cliffhanger, now would be a great time for Gildarts to show up and be the living DEM we know he can be

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kuroyama posted:

I enjoyed Natsu using the rock way more than I expected.

Yeah. I love Natsu punching with fire but this was pretty nice. Lucy being useful for once was great too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, that actually gives both a reason to treat the spirits well like Lucy does as well as a reason to collect the golden keys.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Ah I was wondering where her ability to become water went

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He's also Makarov's grandson and that family line seems to all be powerful.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I honestly enjoy the neat ideas for plot elements that get introduced and then promptly removed one or two chapters later. It's one of the unique things about Fairy Tail.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, Lucy was useful.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
The drawback really isn't much of one in most circumstances. There being a cost to using a skill that personally and specifically murders a million people at the same time only costing 27 years of your life seems fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Gildarts got owned by Acnologia. Lost an arm, a leg and his guts.

• Locked thread