Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

yellowjournalism posted:

Just watch em now they're shot for shot remakes so actually kinda boring tbh

http://youtu.be/lYmg2WEzHQM?t=406

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry.

'Lol did you only watch the first one or what?'

Thank you.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Closed it after 5 seconds, he needs to move back from the mic.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Tormented posted:

Closed it after 5 seconds, he needs to move back from the mic.

ReDeath is really, really old.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Sure watch RahXephon, but there's also a couple of films called Love & Pop and Ritual actually created by the guy that made the show we're all talking about.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I watched some of that show about the killer robot who turns into a maid for the kid of her creator and there were so many glaring parallels to evangelion that it was just amazing.

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice

Szmitten posted:

ReDeath is really, really old.

Sure, but that copy seems to be genuinely corrupted. I don't remember the sound quality being that degraded.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SHISHKABOB posted:

I watched some of that show about the killer robot who turns into a maid for the kid of her creator and there were so many glaring parallels to evangelion that it was just amazing.
Don't bother with the second season.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SHISHKABOB posted:

What show is that?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I think they're talking about Mahoromatic but I'm not sure and I'm shocked I can spell that from memory.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Szmitten posted:

I think they're talking about Mahoromatic but I'm not sure and I'm shocked I can spell that from memory.

Yes, and I didn't watch the second season because I didn't feel like it, and I didn't see it ending any more neatly and nicely than like chobits or something. It was good and fun otherwise.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I only read the manga for mahoromatic. it was cute but lovely.

then again, I also read the manga for Android Ana Maiko and Steel Angel Kurumi so I basically grew up eating poo poo in the 90-2000s.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

I just watched Death & Rebirth for the first time ever cuz the DVD came bundled with an eBay auction I won for EoE. it was aiight

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I always liked D&R more than it probably deserved. For some reason the string quartet practice framework was really appealing, even if it was just wrapped around a recap clipshow

Knorth fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 15, 2015

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Grandpa's got his groove back

nehezir posted:

if you ever remember what it was, I'd be down for watching or reading it.

I know there's a Japanese sci fi movie called Blue Christmas that has blue blood aliens in it??

Also there was a mention of the film in the episode 9 commentary about this film being the origin of Blood type Blue in Evangelion.

As far as RahXephon I suspect the blue blood is likely a reference to Blue Christmas and likely to the literal Spanish term "sangre azul" which meant Blue Blood but was used to describe people of royalty.
RahXephon has a lot of Aztech/Mayan poo poo in it where as Eva is all about using the craziest poo poo in Christianity.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are there are scenes from Death & Rebirth that didn't end up in the directors cut of the TV episodes?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Are there are scenes from Death & Rebirth that didn't end up in the directors cut of the TV episodes?

Just the filler violin scenes I believe.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I don't know why they bother including Rebirth anymore since the version they release is literally the first 30 minutes of The End instead of the actual original Rebirth that had alternate (earlier) animation and different audio cues.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Just the filler violin scenes I believe.

I want to say there's a scene of Toji trying to play basketball without an arm and leg but I may have just imagined that. If its not from there I don't know where the gently caress I wouldve gotten that scene from.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

0 rows returned posted:

I want to say there's a scene of Toji trying to play basketball without an arm and leg but I may have just imagined that. If its not from there I don't know where the gently caress I wouldve gotten that scene from.

Rebirth had the "REBIRTH" title cards instead of the ones in EoE. that's a difference

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

0 rows returned posted:

There was a storyboard depicting a cut scene from EoE that had I think Touji, Kensuke and Shinji in the abandoned blown out school having a farewell while Touji played basketball in a wheelchair.

Actually, script here, storyboard scans below: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:End_of_Evangelion_Screenplays#Touji_.26_Kensuke.27s_farewell_.28Basketball_Court.29

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Knorth posted:

I always liked D&R more than it probably deserved. For some reason the string quartet practice framework was really appealing, even if it was just wrapped around a recap clipshow

Yeah, Death is pretty interesting for a clip show recap. Not really a recap though, more of a discussion of stuff. Rebirth is pointless though.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

I am watching UFO and it is so goddamn fun

/I can totally see where Anno lifted a lot from it

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Rusty Staub posted:

I am watching UFO and it is so goddamn fun

/I can totally see where Anno lifted a lot from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYW7kkHyI4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't post one without the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQZgZaOkg

Big Owns

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't post one without the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQZgZaOkg

Big Owns

i liked the moon theme much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzNxRIzgkuw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just realised that Evangelion was Anno's attempt at doing a Gerry Anderson show but he made the whole thing the classic 'dream' episode where everyone dies, the organisation set up to protect humanity fails and the world burns.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It used to be the future.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

It used to be the future.

2015's not the future anymore, either

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Neowyrm posted:

Mad thing is I think we are currently in the time line now, with tang time happening this new years eve/day.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Neowyrm posted:

Doesn't the series start in august?

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice
According to Shinji's voice actor, Megumi Ogata, Episode 1 took place on June 22nd.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

To further confuse things, the 20th anniversary of the show isn't until this October 4th- coincidentally, my birthday.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Kavak posted:

To further confuse things, the 20th anniversary of the show isn't until this October 4th- coincidentally, my birthday.

It would be weirder if you were also going to turn 20

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Neowyrm posted:

It would be weirder if you were also going to turn 20

Rei? Is that you, Rei?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I'd just like to mention again, still looking for a lady vocalist for my Evangelion Concept Album which has such great songs as Mommy Trauma Machine and the below listed sick jams
https://soundcloud.com/atfieldband/clone-girl-early-vocal-mix
https://soundcloud.com/atfieldband/hey-boy-early-mix-garbage
https://soundcloud.com/atfieldband/not-the-first-shoggoth-scratch
And more

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Also I'm very sad that I'll probably never write anything but the song title Mommy Trauma Machine

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I really want to put a fork in the first concept EP so I can get onto writing the follow up: a triple EP all about End Of Eva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Tbh I'd take a male vocalist if they can sing better than me (which ain't hard as you can hear)