Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Why is is that spergs always have to write loving thesis papers whenever they review something?

Probably because it is a lot more efficient at communicating their opinions than "Eva is kinda meh."
The latter is a boring statement that is nearly impossible to actually engage with in a meaningful fashion. The loving thesis itself at least attempts to show where the opinions came from, provides some hooks for discussion and entertaining internet flamewars, and distributes more points for people to either agree or disagree with. v:shobon:v
Also despite some excessive purpleness, it is practically a snappy one-liner as far as spergy Eva reviews tend to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

instead of watching the anime, you should go outside and hang out with the people you love

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

hosed up on the rocks. Not bad.
Wonder what's actually in it though.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

it's all been downhill since then, yes. :(

e: tumbling down even

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Some of us even began to think 2.0's ending wasn't supposed to be wish fulfillment/SRW stuff and that it was going to only lead to bad consequences before 3.0 came out, and when it was finally released it certainly made a lot of the point of the new movies much more clear.

The cool thing about the internet is that everyone's cool and dumb Rebuilt Evangelion opinions are right here in the forum archive were everyone can read them! :eng101:
The bad thing about the internet is that my dumb Evangelion opinions are right there on usenet where everyone can still read them. :cripes:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

They're just teasers for the new range of Evangelion branded pianos.

:v:

Those were good trailers. Probably one of the funnier moments in the old thread.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Hey now, Shinji has a lot of experience with being loved.
Lots of bad experience, but it counts. :colbert:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Someone should do some experiments for science. Lock the kid in a room with a tape playing "I love you, Shinji" every few minutes.
It'd be pretty interesting to see whether he chews his way through the walls, or tries to dig a hole through the earth. Dude's gotta have hella pavlov built up by now...

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

lol did you only watch the first one or what?

Why you gotta ruin a good thing man? :(

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

For as long as I can remember I've assumed this was indeed the case, but your speculative remark just reminded me that I have no idea how I came to that conclusion.
The series itself has a few defined timestamps iirc, but the whole foreversummer thing makes it a bit hard to keep track of the passage of time. Now I'm wondering why I've been so certain that christmas = tumbletime. :psyduck:

Radio Spiricom posted:

(do i need to tag this? i feel like nobody reading this thread at this point deserves consideration but w/e)

I'm pretty sure we've got at least a few eva newbies around here due to the simulwatch, but I don't think they're hanging around in this thread. v:shobon:v

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

It's us. We're cursed with Eva :negative:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Radio Spiricom posted:

another interesting thing that this post points out is how deaths occur on or around birthdays. again, it's unclear whether most or any of this is deliberate or purely coincidental, but still...

Yeah, I guess maybe I'm tunneling so hard on the christmas thing is just because it would seem rather untidy if it didn't happen then. I mean it's right there!
That's some really iffy reasoning, but good enough until someone posts a more accurate chronology.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

You try hanging out with loving Gendo for a couple of years and see how you end up. :colbert:

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

In Training posted:

Cool, maybe this weekend I'll check it out. When is the Eva simul happening?

afaik srice is down in the post mines slaving away on the OP right now, so I guess Soon(tm)?

I like Death for hot cello-tuning action, but it's deffo very skippable these days.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I would kill at least 5 puppies for satan to travel back in time to EoE coming out and seeing those scenes from the theatre for the first time.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

*watches an anthropomorphic pack of doritos float gently towards him while a single tear run down his cheek*

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Imma do this with EoE, but not during the simulwatch because I kind of want to be able to talk about it maybe.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

author self insert joke goes here

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I'm expendable, but it'd be really bad if Anno dies before it comes out :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Sorry, I post like a dick. Wasn't really trying to be rude, but sequels made long after the fact are always separated from the original work. You can't just magically pick back up where you left off after years, you the author and the world you live in are different and that is going to make the product different. Its a huge fad nowadays for companies to just fund up a new season of some old show, and expect it to be just as good as some cult classic from 10 years ago, and they never are. See: The new FLCL, The new mr show on netflix, Zoolander 2, etc.

What about the ones that are way better than the cult classics they are based on?