Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

for those of you familiar with parodies of CAD's "loss" comic

I made this EVA opening parody about a month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC4ZXw9wgc

this is good, as are your other Eva vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHSkpAcDr6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fEYLzREicA

I've wanted to try an Eva parody for a while but I've not done much video editing before, also :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

Thanks! Also video editing becomes quite easy if you pick up a copy of Sony Vegas, especially if you're switching over from windows movie maker. I used to use GIMP to superimpose images over videos by editing each video frame as a PNG :cripes:.

If you're interested I can make you a template for an Evangelion opening (i.e. an opening devoid of everything except the background up until the strobing images)

haha sounds like my gif editing workflow. My job provides me with an Adobe CC license so I'm going to look into their editing/compositing stuff. Template might be useful, must have taken ages to clean it...

SHISHKABOB posted:

A while ago someone posted a big picture of the whole tied together shot of what Kaworu shows Shinji in evangelion 3.33, could somebody maybe post it again. It was like a super huge picture.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

I've recently finished watching this series for the first time (the first time I ever tried, I only got as far as episode 13 or so). I've written a review, it's a bit of a long post though, so I apologise in advance.

Your use of language was over the top and ridiculous (e.g. the gauche sophistry line quoted a few posts back) but I sort of understood the points you were getting at, and I'm pretty dumb. Some of the comments were fair, but the lines like this

DrSunshine posted:

However, I can see why it became the object of obsession for an entire generation of anime watchers, since, at adolescence, they’re almost certainly the type to be taken by this kind of pseudo-mystical psychobabble.

make you seem like a condescending :smug: rear end in a top hat.

Eva's reputation may be more famous than the series itself which I think is a shame because it causes many new viewers to watch it so critically they miss out on the cool stuff. I really like the art style, imagery, sound, the supernatural story and some of the themes it uses. For me it didn't have to come with some deep philosophical revelation. It's not perfect, but its still one of my favourite series. Doesn't mean I should be looked down on for it.

Epi Lepi posted:

Why is is that spergs always have to write loving thesis papers whenever they review something? Is it just when they end up liking something less than everyone else seems to so they feel they have to prove their opinion is the correct one? gently caress, no one gives a poo poo what you think, like what you like, dislike what you dislike, there's never a need to write something as long and pretentious as that garbage.

gently caress you

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Is the BR actually confirmed as coming out, with an English release and everything? They've made so many promises I don't know what to believe any more

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

drat, on both counts

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Too Lazy to Stop posted:

You guys seemed to enjoy an Evangelion opening parody I made a few months back, so I decided to make another. This one's about the Steam Summer Sale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKiMYH9bHcY

hell yes

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Srice posted:

I've finally found it, the sort of anime trickery dumber than the way people used to sell Madoka.

Congratulations!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Srice is organising a simulwatch of Eva when the Haruhi one is over, by which point the encodes might be out.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Tomorrow is the date of Third Impact. Prepare accordingly all.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

/a/ has the epic eva theme with embedded music and sleek animations, meanwhile the the anime forum people pay to post on has been waiting for a simple chihayfuru css for almost a full year!

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Midjack posted:

Also the WikiHow is bullshit; SDAT very much exists. I have two SDAT recorders on my desk at work.

SDAT is the fictional successor to DAT

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Radio Spiricom posted:

the how to act like shinji wikihow owns http://wikihow.com/Act-Like-Shinji-Ikari

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Post pics of your players and I might believe you

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Applewhite posted:

So I've had the Evangelion 3.33 Blu Ray on pre order from Amazon for over two years. On February 2nd it finally arrived and I watched it last night. Major spoilers from here on:

Utterly Awful.

I was a fan of the first two Rebuild movies. 1.11 featured some awesome military hardware action and 2.22 was very emotional with some climactic giant robot fights. I was moved to tears by Asuka getting mauled to death by the Angel possessed Unit 01, and the scene where the purple girl turned her Eva into beast mode? *Italian chef air kiss* Mwah, perfection.

3.33 or "Q" on the other hand, was crap from the get go. The battles were confusing and disjointed, the angel (or "nemesis," I guess) designs were lackluster and stupid. Shinji, who finally grew a pair of balls at the end of 2.22 went back to being an even worse bitchboi than when he started the series.

Other Highlights:
The stupid flying eagle battleship was an ugly mishmash of CGI crap that looks like nothing that ever belonged in Evangelion.

"The Curse of the Evas" is that whoever pilots it is trapped in the body of a sixteen year old forever. Ohhh no what a tragedy that just so happens to rev up the Japanese audience's engine like crazy.

The Gay angel at first being like "oh we should get the spears" and Shinji's like "okay" right off the bat, because for some reason he trusts the creepy pale kid implicitly, and then when the gay angel is like "oh we shouldn't get the spears I'm serious" Shinji is like "lol I'm gonna get them anyway."

Then everything goes to poo poo and Shinji's like "is this my fault??"

When I watched the finale of the TV series and later "End of Evangelion" it was all confusing and postmodern, but I got the impression I just wasn't smart enough to parse all the symbolism. With 3.33 on the other hand, I was like "this is the stupidest poo poo."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWCVfBD9Pzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm bummed I didn't catch the Eva simul, because I would have liked to have chatted about a lot of stuff while watching the series.

You should post stuff as you rewatch the series anyway, talking about Eva is good