Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I thought bluebloods was rahxephon's thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Szmitten posted:

A lot of Rahxephon's things are Eva or Raideen things.
this is true, I guess I just never noticed blue blood showing up in eva and rahxephon made a point out of it.

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I think people who go "why doesn't Shinji just man up" really are kind of ignoring... huge chunks of the show.

Being forced into a giant biomechanical death-beast who connects to you in obscene ways and forces you to feel its pain, followed by being forced into battle with inhuman beasts who are more than willing to tear your robot apart is not fun. Shinji got to feel what it was like to have limbs ripped off his body while fighting terrifying abominations he can't possibly understand. The fact that there are hot women around doesn't make getting your loving arm torn off (even if just the sensation of it) any fun unless you got way more serious problems than Shinji Ikari does.

I guess to some degree it's the giant robot version of "I don't get why those people didn't rush that gunman! I'd totally have kicked his rear end!"

this layer of interface actually went right over my head since it was never really mentioned.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

well, poo poo. I really need to re-watch the series. I'm holding off on the rebuild movies until they're all out.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

okay smart guy explain the blue blood of Rahxephon now

freaky alien genotype fluids devised to identify the otherwise identical to humans Mu.

it doesn't need a scientific explanation because it's just a science fantasy plot device.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

You are no fun.

I get that pretty often

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Izumi Konata posted:

is it pronounced "rocks-a-floppin'", or "raw say fawn", smart guy?

nah, It's Ray Zey Fone

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

point of return posted:

The blue blood in both Eva and RX are both references to an earlier science fiction story, I thought
if you ever remember what it was, I'd be down for watching or reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I only read the manga for mahoromatic. it was cute but lovely.

then again, I also read the manga for Android Ana Maiko and Steel Angel Kurumi so I basically grew up eating poo poo in the 90-2000s.