Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Honestly we are now at the whim of Anno. Wherever he goes from here, is up to him.
It's Godzilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
The funniest thing about the PS2 game is that they mention the S2 engine's power being derived from spirals.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Hideaki Anno posted:

It comes from a Christian word meaning 'Gospel' and it's supposed to bring blessings. It has has some Greek roots. I chose the name because it sounds complicated.

source

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
The blue blood in both Eva and RX are both references to an earlier science fiction story, I thought

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Does Gainax even still own the copyright? I thought Khara bought it off them after a copyright kerfluffle involving a pachinko machine.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Radio Spiricom posted:

no, i'm being 100% sincere. end of eva is the best anime movie ever made, the best animated movie of the 90s, the best movie of 1997, and one of if not the best movie of the 90s (at least top 5 along with like, fire walk with me, satantango, prospero's books, and derek jarman's blue)

fire walk with me was better than most of the second season of twin peaks but worse than the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

HoneyBoy posted:

The real complaint is the loving curse of Eva lol

I know people bent over backwards to rationalize it as it being some commentary on EVA fans not growing up or w/e but come on my dude, I thought Anno figured out his women woes at the end of EoE

the curse of eva is khara's way of not having to character design any older asukas