Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Console Role Player posted:

Just got an update through Amazon about the release of Evangelion 3.33 on bluray. Apparently it is now scheduled to be released on December 30th, 2014.

Well I guess it's nice that they've technically made the 2014 release window...

Technically...

dude, u serious? i saw that over a year ago. i got the action figures 2 and 1/2 years ago. when is you can (not) redo supposed to be released? after the third impact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
whats the release date for 4.04: that is (not) a catfish?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Having a giant breakdown because you find out someone you had a crush on died and got replaced by a clone is one thing, having one because you found out you blew up the whole world to rescue someone and didn't even get that right is even better.

this should be the new adtrw subtitle

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I don't want to be all self promoting before I've got the final product but an associate and I have an Evangelion concept album recorded but we've not been able to find a good female vocalist for it. Had one but she flaked out. We've wven got a bit from Tiffany Grant on it. It's a fine sounding record and we've literally got backing tracks we've been sitting on for a year trying to find the right singer.

You can PM me for more details.

i'm not paying 10bux to tell you why i can not participate.

but do u have an instrumental track and lyric sheet?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Sakurazuka posted:

The true Curse of Eva

anno domini is no longer exceeding the actual date of the next release.Are we getting the finale before x'mas,?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Midjack posted:

The blood wasn't often blue colored but when they showed up on NERV's sensors there was always a cry of "BLOOD TYPE BLUE, IT'S AN ANGEL!"

I believe you've been misled by the drawings in biology books where veins and unoxygenated blood are represented in blue while arteries and oxygenated blood are represented in red - this is even carried through in dissection labs where the animals veins are injected with a blue rubber compound and the arteries are injected with red.

Human blood is made up of a liquid part and a solid part. The liquid part, when it is still in the body, is called plasma. It is yellowish in color. It makes up about 50 - 60 % of our blood.
The solid part is made up of cells; red blood cells, white blood cells
and platelets.

White blood cells and platelets have no color but appear white when they are grouped together, as when blood is separated in a centrifuge. Together they make up less than 1 % of the blood. They are pictured in text books as having a variety of colors. This is because they can be stained with various dyes after they are removed from the body then placed on a glass slide.

Red blood cells are always red. Since red blood cells make up about 40-45% of our blood, the blood is red. Red blood cells are red because they have a protein called hemoglobin which contains iron. Iron likes to bind oxygen. Oxygen combined with iron is red. The more oxygen iron has bound to it, the redder it is.

Veins appear blue because light, penetrating the skin, is absorbed and reflected back to the eye. Since only the higher energy wavelengths can do this (lower energy wavelengths just don't have the *oomph*), only higher energy wavelengths are seen. And higher energy wavelengths are what we call "blue."

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

nehezir posted:

freaky alien genotype fluids devised to identify the otherwise identical to humans Mu.

it doesn't need a scientific explanation because it's just a science fantasy plot device.

is it pronounced "rocks-a-floppin'", or "raw say fawn", smart guy?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

yellowjournalism posted:

Just watch em now they're shot for shot remakes so actually kinda boring tbh

http://youtu.be/lYmg2WEzHQM?t=406

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't post one without the other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQZgZaOkg

Big Owns

i liked the moon theme much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzNxRIzgkuw

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Shinjobi posted:

Rebuild will never be finished, 3.33 will never see the states.

:suicide:

-yOU cAN not uNDERSTAND wHY pEOPLE wHO eNJOY nge cAN (not) aFFORD TO pURCHACE leGIT AND lICENCED mERCHANDISE.

But I prefer raw and uncut.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Szmitten posted:

I have no knowledge or investment but if it's taking this long I suspect there's something to do with the rights or something on Gainaxs' end. They're already in litigation with one former western partner.

Its doubtful both parties would allow the terms of the contract, not there are certainties:

Certainty the first: FuniMation is a really dumb name.

Certainty the second: Gainax would refuse to sign over the localization rights of their main property to such a ridiculously-named company indefinately without a major bribe.

Certainty the third: Eva is an inside joke, and Americans don't get it.

The translation of the third installment probably has such subtle foreshadowing that the fourth and final installment needs to be released before the third is translated. Japanese is a phoenetically impoverished language, and innuendo is quite a chore to to digest and regurgitate.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Are you not familiar with manga covers? Drawing characters in different fashion / poses / etc, especially ones that are unlikely to come up in the normal course of the story, is pretty typical. It's good practice for the artist, it's cool to see for fans, and maybe at most some of it indirectly says something about the character's personality or contains easter eggs about the plot.

Kaworu being androgynous, musical, and cheerful/energetic are pretty well-established, and him being carried in the mouth of a pelican (not a stork, but close) suggests his newness as the last Angel and a test tube baby.

You're really smart, like Kaworu. Are your arms tired?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Kavak posted:

Maybe when 4.0 comes out? That's the only reason I can think of- redoing the dub is too expensive until there's another movie to do alongside it.

as if the staff of something as horribly named as "funimation" wouldn't jump at the chance to leak a script for 4.0, simply because it is needed to maintain the continuity of the product. if i worked for something i'd sooner hide on my resume than display in bold font on heavyweight resume paper bringing such disgrace to my family name, i'd follow the money on this one and leak it like an incontinent octogenarian.

"yep, this job is classified, and my security clearence prohibits me from talking about what i do at work. i can't say much about what we do all day at the funimation factory, but just believe me when i tell you its serious business localizing the cutting edge of japanimation."

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
turns out 12/30/15 is the soonest possible japanese theatrical release date. like adam at the uttermost basement level of nerv hq, this production is kept under wraps like tutankhamen iii.

got some intel hinting towards a final chapter after the next one. come to think of it, there are rumors of a reboot 4.0 which comes after a 3.5 installment tentatively titled "rebuild 3 + 1".

this does nothing but muddy the waters of a legitimate franchise which owes its fans nothing less than punctuality and respect. can someone tell me more about this "studio khara"? it would seem to me it is nothing more than a franchise propped up in an effort to contain a gainax shareholder mutiny. what other products do they offer, and what are some past releases of theirs which have been greeted with critical acclaim?

Sakurazuka posted:

Please go be nuts somewhere else.

hahano

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd give it a week at least, re-encoding 26 eps plus a couple of movies isn't quick even if you don't have to sorry about timing and stuff

what is this imparsible garbage? can you (not) english?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

House Louse posted:

Pro click. There's hundreds of these but they don't all have the dancing.

Is there at least one nearly on par with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xx4tszZ-DE

??!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Found something else folks might not have seen yet, but is well worth your time.

As most folks know Hideki Anno is a huge Ultraman and Kamen Rider fan. His house is covered in their toys. He still gets up at 7 am to watch the latest Sentai show, which annoys his wife. He never really stopped being the otaku he was in college, despite marriage, despite Eva, despite everything. Read Insufficient Direction, a gag manga written by his wife, Moyoco Anno for more on his frankly bizarre home life.

But one of the most interesting bits from that manga was that young Anno starred in a shot by shot fan remake of Return of Ultraman back in the 80s. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a version with subtitles, but considering it's a fanmade VHS rip from 30 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJZBt6wTNe0

Anno makes his appearance as Ultraman starting at 18:30. It's a wonder to behold, especially considering he doesn't bother with the helmet.

thank you