Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You know you can turn it off right. So that only one person ever talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
I did not know this. Thanks!

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Is the Source Hunter DLC worth 7bux?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Illegal Username posted:

Is the Source Hunter DLC worth 7bux?

No it's just silly cosmetic nonsense that kickstarter backers got for free.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Illegal Username posted:

Is the Source Hunter any DLC worth 7 any bux?

No.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

nice LOL! :D

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
When does the full version come out?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Elswyyr posted:

When does the full version come out?

Some time after 9 am pst today.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

10 am you mean. :shepicide:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm guessing the 'Full version available' banner on the store page is just for show and it isn't released just yet, then?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Larian posted:

We're finishing the Kickstarter update - it should be up shortly. Bottom line -> Your Steam Early Access key will transform into the full key. If you do not want a Steam key, you'll be able to destroy it on the Vault and get a GOG key instead. More in the update.

Does this mean that the backers who gave away their Steam beta keys in the expectation that they would get new full version Steam keys get screwed as far as Steam goes?

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Oceanbound posted:

Does this mean that the backers who gave away their Steam beta keys in the expectation that they would get new full version Steam keys get screwed as far as Steam goes?

I suggest you send them an email about this- i suspect that if you destroy the steam key in the vault you could get another steam key (not just a GOG one), but better be sure.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Did they fix the loving god awful co-op conversation system in which you couldn't see the conversation your partner was having?

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Prefuse posted:

Did they fix the loving god awful co-op conversation system in which you couldn't see the conversation your partner was having?

Nah, not really

e: your partner's conversation gets printed in the dialogue chatbox down in the right corner but nobody's got time for that

Atlas Moth fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 30, 2014

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Arkeus posted:

I suggest you send them an email about this- i suspect that if you destroy the steam key in the vault you could get another steam key (not just a GOG one), but better be sure.

Nah I never claimed or gave away my keys so I'm good.

Also I logged into the Vault and the Steam keys are ready to be claimed! So backers, go get 'em.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Hmmm...

Divinity: Original Sin – My partner laughs when my underwear sasses me.
Divinity: Original Sin – My partner laughs when my underwear mocks me.
Divinity: Original Sin–No, I didn’t say that - my underwear talks. I swear!
Divinity: Original Sin–It wasn’t me, it was my talking underwear!
Divinity: Original Sin–No, no, that was my talking underwear!
Divinity: Original Sin–Why’d you hit ME, my talking underwear said that!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 30, 2014

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Divinity: Original Sin: Source

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That is a pretty good one.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Prefuse posted:

How are you going to steal everything while your partner distracts someone if you've got a big dialogue window covering your screen?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
For the co-op dialogue, I just have my buddy paraphrase the conversation over voice chat

Roderick: ... so I says "blow it out your rear end"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Thank you

ForkTong posted:

At the dawn of the release day, my heart is filled with different emotions and my head is filled with a million thoughts and ideas and entries on a mental to-do-list.

However, I am taking a five minute break from all that to thank this forum, and our Kickstarter backers.

You may not always have noticed it, but we have been reading your comments, criticism, suggestions, bug reports, usability reports etc. Raze has been gathering them every single day and sent them along.

Even if we didn't always reply, and even if it's not immediately clear, a lot of stuff in the game is the way it is, or has changed, thanks to you guys.

Even a lot of things were ideas or suggestions from one of you we almost literally implemented. It often takes a fresh mind to spot solutions. We are often held back by "but that's impossible because..." even if only in the back of our heads.

Know and realize that without you, this game would not be in the state that it is in now. Today, you can be as proud of this creation as we are.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
:pcgaming: It's out! Game is patching to release version now. :pcgaming:

Announcement

quote:

Hi Everybody,

The full English version of Divinity:Original Sin is now available. We want to thank all of our Kickstarter backers and everybody who participated in Early Access for all the support and feedback. Without you it would've been impossible to make this into the game it is. We hope you're going to have a great time exploring the world we prepared for you.

Have fun!

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
It's out, folks.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Anyone interested in a duo partner? I'll be playing a couple hours most nights somewhere around 6-10pm PST. I played through most of the beta, but promise I'm good at shutting my mouth about spoilers and there's plenty I missed first time through, I imagine it'd be more fun repeating the content in multiplayer. Add me on Steam (same as forums name) or PM me if you'd like!

For what it's worth Steam just started downloading an update.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So that alpha key someone gave me earlier.

It just patched to release. Did I just accidentally screw someone out of a game? Because I do not want to do that, and if I do I'd rather buy a gift copy of Original Sin while it's still cheap. If I can even find who gifted it to me...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

The Iron Rose posted:

So that alpha key someone gave me earlier.

It just patched to release. Did I just accidentally screw someone out of a game? Because I do not want to do that, and if I do I'd rather buy a gift copy of Original Sin while it's still cheap. If I can even find who gifted it to me...

Yes. I gifted someone (not you) a key I thought would expire (because Larian said it would). So I picked up another copy while the sale was still on.

Working on creating the new thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I still don't have a key on my Larian page.

Hnnnnngggg.

edit: Ooop, found it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

My kickstarter code thingy doesn't seem to work, it just tells me the code is invalid. Does it add anything substantial or should I just go ahead and play without entering it?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Are mixed melee/magic spellsword-type builds viable? Any tips?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yes. I gifted someone (not you) a key I thought would expire (because Larian said it would). So I picked up another copy while the sale was still on.

Working on creating the new thread.

Well, I wanted the game anyway. Time to go dig through my friends list!

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Well, you can apparently revoke a key in the larian vault that you used for the EA, the problem being that a°) i am not sure you can revoke the key duo, maybe you can only revoke the normal one; b°) you might be forced to changed the key you revoked into a GOG key. Unsure if you can get another steam key, and not a GOG one.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Arkeus posted:

It's out, folks.

how big is the download? would like to play tonight bit I'm near my cap.

edit: \/ easily doable then. thanks.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 30, 2014

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mokinokaro posted:

how big is the download? would like to play tonight bit I'm near my cap.

926 MB for just the patch on steam.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
New thread for the full version is up!

Andrast posted:

My kickstarter code thingy doesn't seem to work, it just tells me the code is invalid. Does it add anything substantial or should I just go ahead and play without entering it?

Are you entering that when creating a new profile in-game?

EDIT: It seems that it's not working, judging by all the "it's not working" comments on the Kickstarter page.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 30, 2014

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

Are mixed melee/magic spellsword-type builds viable? Any tips?

Yes. Search back a few pages for some of my posts, I have a couple long detailed posts about character creation and I talk about hybrids specifically a few times.

Basically, you're really starved for statistics points which is how you both scale your abilities and unlock access to higher equipment (more Strength = better weapons, heavy armor). For that reason I recommend going 1H/shield and focusing on more support-type spells. From what I've seen so far, big damage nuke spells tend to cost 6-7 AP, while a lot of buff, debuff, CC, and other utility/support spells are only 3 or 4. Since you have to split your stats between Strength and Intelligence to both effectively cast and fight, 1H/shield has lower Strength requirements than going 2H and focusing on low-AP cost utility spells allows you to both cast and attack in the same turn plus your damage spells wouldn't be as strong as a full mage dumping all their points in Intelligence (also big nukes would take your whole turn to cast).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

New thread for the full version is up!

Are you entering that when creating a new profile in-game?

Yes.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arkeus posted:

Well, you can apparently revoke a key in the larian vault that you used for the EA, the problem being that a°) i am not sure you can revoke the key duo, maybe you can only revoke the normal one; b°) you might be forced to changed the key you revoked into a GOG key. Unsure if you can get another steam key, and not a GOG one.

I think they mentioned somewhere you could get a new steam key. I swear I heard that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Closing this thread now, move to the new one

It must be busted, then. The Kickstarter comment section has a lot of "it's not working" posts as well.

• Locked thread