Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

WELCOME

Happy Easter everyone! Unless you aren't viewing this thread on the day of its conception, in which case you're bloody late! Anyway in order to celebrate this most joyous of days, I'm starting this LP that catches the true spirit of Easter. And what's the most important part of Easter? Easter Eggs! And you know what animal is most commonly associated with those? Bunnies! Which is why I'm going to start a Let's Play of Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (and maybe a few other Warner Brothers games). Truth be told, I actually played this game to death as a kid so it'll be nice to see it again.

Edit: By the way, after two or three videos it was decided that this would become yet another megathread. So once again, the more the merrier! Let's see some Looney Tunes, some Tiny Toons... maybe some Animaniacs? I don't know if that's pushing it. Eh whatever.

WHAT'S UP, DOC(TOR WHO)? BUGS BUNNY: LOST IN TIME!

[DJB VLP] Bugs Bunny Lost in Time is a 3D platformer for the Playstation, created by Infogrames back in 1999. Bugs finds a time machine and ends up in Nowhere, where he meets Merlin the Sorcerer. Merlin informs Bugs that if he wants to get back home, he must travel through five different eras of time to collect clock symbols and golden carrots. It's a basic collect-a-thon backed up with a tons of Looney Tunes charm.

Video 1: Nowhere
Video 2: Wabbit on the Run (w/ Clark & Melody)
Video 3: What's Up, Dock? (w/ FutureFriend & Ceciltron)
Video 4: The Big Bank Withdrawal (w/ JordanKai & The Jay Of Spade)
Video 5: Planet X-File (w/ Simply Simon & Nidoking)
Video 6: Short Level Rush (w/ FirstAidKite & Melody)
Video 7: The Greatest Escape (w/ Catsworth)
Video 8: What's Cookin', Doc? (w/ Real Timski & FutureFriend)
Video X: Loonatics Review
Video 9: Magic Hare Blower (w/ Ygmir)
Video 10: The Carrot Factory (w/ PersonMan & Skunkrocker)
Video 11: Mine or Mine (w/ Kitchinsink3)
Video 12: Short Level Rush: Part II (w/ Catsworth)
Video 13: The Carrot-Henge Mystery (w/ JordanKai & Real Timski)
Video 14: Follow the Red Pirate Road (w/ FutureFriend)
Video 15: Train Your Brain (w/ mateo360 & Jamie the D)

Recommended Watching: Knight-mare Hare, Fresh Hare, Captain Hareblower, Bugsy and Mugsy, Hare-way to the Stars, Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century, Rabbit Fire, Bewitched Bunny, Slappy Goes Walnuts, Robin Hood Daffy, Pre-hysterical Hare, The Unmentionables, 14 Carrot Rabbit, Bully for Bugs, Knighty Knight Bugs, Looney Tunes: Back in Action.

-----

THIS IS GONNA COST YOU EXTRA... BUGS BUNNY & TAZ: TIME BUSTERS!

[DJB VLP] This spiritual successor to Lost in Time, also developed by Infogrames, builds on the original by adding Taz as a secondary character. It generally looks better, plays better and there's more variety, but I can't help but feel that the lack of direct references causes the game to lose some of the original's charm. Many thanks to all the co-commentators!

Video 1: Granwich
Video 2: Golden City (w/ mateo360 & Jamie the D)
Video 3: Sacred Baboons (w/ JordanKai & Nidoking)
Video 4: Sam's Temple (w/ EntranceJew)
Video 5: Shore Village (w/ Kitchinsink3 & Ygmir)
Video 6: Moonsday Race (w/ Kitchinsink3 & Ygmir)
Video 7: Elmer's Domain (w/ EntranceJew)
Video X: Wait and See
Video 8: Sunset Alleys (w/ FutureFriend)
Video 9: Royal Carpet (w/ EntranceJew & JordanKai)
Video 10: Babba's Cave (w/ ScurvyKip)
Video 11: Ghost Town (w/ Kitchensink3 & Robot Fisherman)
Video 12: Zoovania (w/ FutureFriend & The Jay Of Spade)
Video 13: Count's Castle (w/ FutureFriend & The Jay Of Spade)

And here are three episodes of FutureFriend's cancelled Taz Wanted LP, which is referenced several times throughout the LP. For all their shortcomings, it's sad to think of this game as LiT & TB's spiritual successor:

Taz Wanted - Opening
Taz Wanted - Zooney Tunes
Taz Wanted - Ice Burg

-----

LET'S KICK IT INTO OVERDRIVE. LET'S PLAY SPACE JAM!

[FutureFriend VLP] Hey kids! Like basketball? Like 30 minutes of basketball? Well then Iron Chitlin, Catsworth and I have the video just for you:

Video: Slammin' and Jammin'

-----

MY NAME IS RALPH WOLF, NOT WILE E COYOTE. LET'S PLAY SHEEP RAIDER!

[mateo360 VLP] Sheep Raider (a.k.a. Sheep, Dog & Wolf in other territories) is based of Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheep-dog cartoons of old. Joining me for this excursion of Wolf injuring and sheep stealing will be JamieTheD.

Video 0: Tutorial
Video 1: Dynomite
Video 2: Lady Sheep
Video 3: Rubber Band
Video 4: Magic Flute
Video B1: Rafting
Video 5: Mines
Video 6: Blocks
Video 7: Umbrella
Video 8: Chrono
Video B2: Trigger
Video 9: Swamp
Video 10: Cannons
Video 11: Fishing
Video 12: Boo
Video 13: Arrr
Video 14: Beep Beep
Video 15: UFO

Character Sketches
Background Sketches
Storyboards
Backgrounds and Characters
Behind the Scenes
Intro Storyboard

-----

HAPPY BOITHDAY YOU SUNUVABITCH! LET'S PLAY THE BUGS BUNNY BIRTHDAY BLOWOUT!

[Final Gamer VLP] The Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout. In a desperate attempt to cash in on the eponymous rabbit's anniversary, Kemco made this shoddy platformer for the NES. Although as far as NES games go, it's definitely not the worst. To save everyone the bother, I will be playing this with a video for each world. Luckily it's not a very long game if done right, and I've been able to finish it before, so on we go!

Video 1: Grass Land
Video 2: Desert
Video 3: Evening Canyon
Video 4: Night Caves
Video 5: Jungles
Video 6: Temple

-----

YOUR MISSION, SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, IS MARVIN! THE MARVIN MISSIONS!

[heytallman VLP] In 1993, Sunsoft released this platformer/shooter hybrid starring everyone's favorite cartoon duck, from everyone's favorite cartoon of his. No, not Duck Amuck, but DUCK DODGERS IN THE 24TH AND A HALF CENTURY! I rented this game a few times as a kid, but never really got far. I thought I saw someone in this thread mention it, so I figured I'd go back and check it out and, well, here it is.

Video 1: Magma
Video 2: Aquarion-4 (w/ ScaryBagels)
Video 3: Zeus-3 (w/ mateo360)
Video 4: Amazonius (w/ Azren)
Video 5: Mars (w/ Mr DJB)

-----

ANIMANIE, TOTALLY INSANEY, SHIRLEY MacLAINEY! ANIMANIACS MD/GENESIS!

[Final Gamer / mateo360 VLP] Long ago back in the mythical world of 1993, a show from Warner Bros. came onto our screens to dominate the Saturday morning block. Amongst such other greats as Freakazoid and the Batman animated series, was their crown jewel nestled within a water tower: the Animaniacs. So naturally with a show as popular as this, games were made. TWO games, both by Konami for different systems.

Joining forces with mateo360, I tackle one of my favourite licensed games. It's simple, it's fun, it's challenging, and it has a pretty funny sense of writing for its time. All things considered, it's a pretty good game for something licensed, which isn't a surprise coming from Konami. Mateo will be handling the SNES version of Animaniacs, which is a radically different game in style and length, while I handle the Mega Drive/Genesis version. I hope you all enjoy it!

Mega/sis Video 1: Bungle in the Jungle
Mega/sis Video 2: Space Truckin'
Mega/sis Video 3: Remember The A La Mode
Mega/sis Video 4: To Scream or Not to Scream
Mega/sis Video 5: Once There Was A Man Named Oscar

SNES Video 1: Fantasy
SNES Video 2: Adventure
SNES Video 3: Sci-Fi
SNES Video 4: Aquatic
SNES Video 5: Editing Room

-----

LET'S FOWL PLAY DAFFY DUCK!

[TheJayOfSpade VLP] An LP of a short Game Boy Color game. It's not a great game but it's... playable?

Video 1: Fowl Play
Video 2: Swan Dive (w/ Catsworth) & Short Version
Video 3: Blue Lips Jay (w/ FutureFriend) & Short Version
Video 4: Fat Cats and Flat Ducks (w/ JordanKai)
Video 5: PlateauPus (w/ Zain)
Z̶͘͢͡͠ ;a̸̶͟ l̶͝͞͠ g͝ơ : D̷̴̨̧͜ ú͞c͏̢ k͢͏!̕͠

-----

TWEETY AND THE CHAOS EMERALDS MAGIC GEMS!

[DJB VLP] I was chilling with my pal CoreyJD one day, eating pizza and playing SoCal5. Suddenly the world's nerdiest flash of inspiration took a hold of us, telling us to let's play a rubbish Tweety game for the GBA. The rest is history... or rather geography. Warning: live commentary.

Video 1: Match Start
Video 2: Match End
Video 3: Bonus Content

Thanks for Watching!

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at Jan 21, 2014 around 11:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I never played this game, but man it looks like I missed out . I love collect-a-thons and this one seems to just ooze charm. Is there a subtitle option, by chance?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

clockwork chaos posted:

Is there a subtitle option, by chance?

Unfortunately not, but I'd be more than happy to add them if me or my co-commentators ever talk over the game's audio.

SaintOliver
Jul 31, 2005

Loved this game when it came out - it was the best combination of Crash Bandicoot and Looney Tunes a kid could ask for. And after Mel Blanc, Billy West is the best Bugs voice actor. Definitely keeping up with this LP.

Boyks
Nov 6, 2011

Say 'what' again, huh huh. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you butt monkey, say what one more damn time!

This game looks pretty neat so far for a typical PS1 era platformer. I love the attention given to keeping the WB art style and dialogue choices to make the game feel like an extension of the cartoons. Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider for the PS2 did this very well. I'm kind of excited to see how well this earlier game pulls it off.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

Ah, this game. I played plenty of this and its sort-of sequel, Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters. Good luck getting all those collectibles!

I would say that I expect 100% completion, but when you need 120/124 clocks to finish the game... It's more or less a given.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Is that popping/clicking sound in the background in the game, or is it created during recording? It's kind of irritating, but only really noticeable when no one is talking, so I guess I could live with it if there's no way to fix it.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

PureRok posted:

Is that popping/clicking sound in the background in the game.

I tried for hours to fix that, but it's an annoying thing that happens during emulation. Certain tracks give of this crackling sound. However there's no need to worry: there are hardly any more cutscenes or dialogue throughout the rest of the game, so we'll be talking most of the time.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

How did nobody notice that I completely butchered the framing/aspect ratio of the video for like, a full minute? And how did I not notice it? I'm going to take it down temporarily, and reupload a fixed version. Along with Part 2.

Tazzillekki
Nov 11, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Ah, this game. I played plenty of this and its sort-of sequel, Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters. Good luck getting all those collectibles!

I loved Lost in Time, but Time Busters was really boring for some reason. Once you get around the novelty of spinning around as Taz, there's not much else to the game.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

I played a demo of this once, then never found the full game. Always meant to play this again.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Mr DJB posted:

How did nobody notice that I completely butchered the framing/aspect ratio of the video for like, a full minute?

I noticed some aspect ratio silliness, but with everything the way it was in the PS1 era, who knew if it was the game just being bad or not.

Also, I'm not gonna be "that guy"

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Okay! Fixed Part 1 and uploaded Part 2. I'm going to take a nap now.

Wabbit on the Run

Also here's a Looney Tunes short I watched after the video was over.

Cartoon: Fresh Hare AKA Fat Elmer AKA That One with the Black Minstrels

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2013 around 13:59

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I just uploaded more Bogs Benny Lost in Tim. Part 3. Yoshimight pirates.

What's Up, Dock?

Also, here are some of the Bugs Bunny shorts referenced in the video! Have fun reliving your childhoods - I have!

Cartoon: Captain Hareblower

Cartoon 2: Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2013 around 13:57

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

Did you just do an update post where you linked three videos and none of them were the update? That's some next level posting.

cheese-cube
May 28, 2007

Propane and satanic accessories.

Mr DJB: when you upload a new part of the LP can you please reply to the thread with a link to it as well as updating the OP? I had no idea that you had uploaded part 2 until now!

Apart from that minor gripe I'm liking this LP.

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

Man, I wish I knew about the auto-jumping. I find it odd that this game employs both methods of jumping, whereas most platformer games stick to one or the other. Ahead of its time much?

Also appreciating the cartoon links too. Everything is just a blast from the past.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

So, are you ready to
STRANGLE some PIXIES?

I own this game on PC. I used to play the HELL out of it when I was a kid. First thing I've noticed is that draw distance! I could see the whole level on PC.. Although the sound was always out of sync in cutscenes and the brightness was weird.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I felt that updating with links to the new video would be redundant on the first page when the OP is right up there, but alright. I'll keep that in mind.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

Mr DJB posted:

I felt that updating with links to the new video would be redundant on the first page when the OP is right up there, but alright. I'll keep that in mind.

The thing is, a lot of people (myself included) will just bookmark the thread and hit the button that links to the first unread post.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I don't even bookmark. I just look in the main thread menu for thus.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I remember playing this as a kid!

I got stuck near the end since I stopped being able to find newer clocks, and the thought of visiting GameFAQS or something to get answers never occurred to me.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

Lost in Time was my literal favourite game when I was a kid. Perhaps it's the sheer variety of level designs and references to old Looney Tunes cartoons that makes it hold up so well for me, although the controls tend to get on my nerves at times, and the camera too. Still, I can't wait to see you guys reach 40 clocks or so and unlock my all time favourite video game level from my childhood

corn in the bible
Apr 2, 2013

Oh man, I remember this game! I had forgotten what it was called, but it's a good one. Played the hell out of it when I was younger.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!

These pirates really are hard to believe. I mean, come on, what pirates ever agreed to be in a videogame, much less a videogame about a cartoon. Suspense of disbelief: shattered.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

The cartoons didn't "used to be called" Merry Melodies. They were originally separate series, where Merry Melodies was intended to be a take on Disney's Silly Symphonies, where it was an advertisement for Warner Bros.'s songs, but by the time both series were in color, they were absolutely indistinguishable, and just alternated names when they started production of a cartoon.

Also, Rabbit of Seville is much better than What's Opera, Doc

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

'ello there. Part 4 is now up. In which we telepor' to 1930s.

The Big Bank Withdrawal

And a Rocky and Mugsy cartoon. I love the way Rocky talks:

Cartoon: Bugsy and Mugsy

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2013 around 13:59

azren
Feb 13, 2011

Thank you so much for linking to cartoons in this. I'd love to see you do a Sheep Raider LP as well; I was pretty drat fond of that game the one time I rented it... but I still remember nothing about it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

If dreams are like movies
then memories are films about ghosts.

Mr DJB posted:

'ello there. Part 4 is now up. In which we telepor' to 1930s.

I don't remember this being the episode where we go back to the Electrical Beast era.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I remember being stuck on one of the clocks here for the longest time.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Your avatar is pretty much the perfect match to that level, DJB.

So, quick question: are there actually multiple levels you're capable of going into at any given time, or is this just strict linear progression that's meant to look more open-ended with the hub worlds and all?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

There was a video here. It's gone now.

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at May 11, 2013 around 18:41

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

YouTube is dumb. I'll just reupload it with a watermark.

Edit: Well that didn't work. Balls to it, I can't commentate over partnered channels! Back to classic cartoons and video games based on them.

Mr DJB fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2013 around 17:06

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

Bear Witness

I've been enjoying this LP and I wanted to give some information.

According to Chuck Amuck (Chuck Jones' first autobiography), Bugs Bunny was an effort from Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Bob Clampett and everyone. Tex Avery produced the first official bugs bunny short with "A Wild Hare" which debuted on July 27, 1940. However prior to that they did have a rabbit character that did act very similar to Bugs Bunny and was actually the prototype Bugs seen in the shorts "Porky's Hare Hunt" which was almost identical to "Porky's Duck Hunt" (Which is where Daffy Duck premiered). According to the autobiography, when they wrote the cartoons, they didn't have a normal script. What they did is have a "Yes-session" where they all came together and offered on topic suggestions that no one could say no to, of course, there were rules. Like the suggestion has to help the cartoon and not detract from it.

The director back then and probably still to this day (Though with flash animation that might not be the case anymore) drew about 300-1000 key pieces of animation and went to the inbetweeners (known as assistant directors now) to fill out the rest. Background was usually separate and they had an amazing technical drafter in the show who did amazing pieces.

On Rocky and Mugsy they are a Friz Freleng creation and meant to be like the Edward G. Robinson gangster (for Rocky) and for Mugsy he was a caricature of Peter Lorre, both voiced by the sadly deceased Mel Blanc. Mugsy actually appeared in a short without Rocky in Napoleon Bunny-Part and "Satan's Waitin" (a Sylvester and Tweety short)

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2013 around 12:50

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

Nope.

Hey, I remember playing this as a kid! Eagerly awaiting the Yoshimite Sam photoshop.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

YO DIS IZ NUCKLZ
i fear none.
It is real deal when it comes to my name, kid.

So hey, DJB talked about wanting to make this thread into a Looney Tunes megathread for some time so I've got something here!

Ooh, I'll have your hide varmint! Let's Play Taz Wanted

What is Taz Wanted?

Taz Wanted is a action-adventure platformer made by Blitz Games to ride on the Taz hype that happened in the 90's and early 2000's. You have to take Taz all over America in a quest to rescue his girlfriend from the greedy Yosemite Sam and go back to the peaceful life you once had.

It's also kind of an bad game that tries to catch onto a hype train I personally disliked.

Contents

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2013 around 15:57

azren
Feb 13, 2011

Well, if we're getting into that territory, (why this Taz game, dammit?) I'd like to throw out a bit of about my favorite marsupial! Enjoy.

Edit: video contains footage of carnivorous behavior, in case anyone is bothered by that.

azren fucked around with this message at May 5, 2013 around 17:34

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

YO DIS IZ NUCKLZ
i fear none.
It is real deal when it comes to my name, kid.

azren posted:

Well, if we're getting into that territory, (why this Taz game, dammit?) I'd like to throw out a bit of about my favorite marsupial! Enjoy.

I mainly picked this Taz game because it's a personal source of nostalgia for me as a kid, so I'd atleast have a game I'd have some history with.

Actually a fun fact about Tasmanian Devils, Warner Bros. has the name of the animal registered and has in fact sued multiple Tasmanian companies who dare include the words Tasmanian Devil in their products. This ultimately lead to Warner Bros having to make a deal with Tasmania where the state can use Taz for marketing purposes. Although in the past few years this agreement has been dropped and the only way the state can now use Taz is if they pay for it.

I believe Warner Bros is still trying to sue Tasmanian companies over the name nowadays.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

Not just the gold standard, the Booster Gold standard.

Let's Fowl Play Daffy Duck
An LP of a short Game Boy Color game. It's not a great game but it's... playable?

Episode 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

Alright, this is turning into a megathread and I like it.

I've asked beef if the title can be changed to reflect that.

«11 »