Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

This link has good specific information about ATC pay bands, locality rates, and lists the various facility levels (but is dated by a few years).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Slightly different scope, but my cousin is an accomplished automobile racer, and he occasionally instructs a racing course at Barber. He never has any problems racing, but while riding with students he often gets car sick. Being in control mitigates motion sickness immensely. I don't know how rally co-drivers do it (or fighter RIOs for that matter).

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Yeah, I remember talking with an evaluator after our last problem. There is a possibility of losing 400 points on each of those problems.

Question 29b. What is your favorite television series?

A: Breaking Bad

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

atehist posted:

Coming soon to every young awestruck flight instructor's wrist, the Garmin D2:

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod148289.html

But does it need to be powered off during takeoff, that's what the thread really wants to know.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I understand that this was an overseas military field with a lot of other traffic, but there is a difference between "I could not squeeze this guy in for 20 minutes" and what he said:

"This guy pissed me off substantially and I left him out there for about 15-20 minutes longer than I had to"

As in, "I could have let him land now, but I hung him out to dry to wave my dick/dissuade him from using this airfield/seek some retribution for my annoyance". This pilot may have been a grade A poo poo stain and probably totally deserved it, but it still makes the controller an rear end in a top hat. Its akin to spitting in an irate customers soup at a restaurant: even if they really had it coming, you are still an rear end in a top hat for doing it. Just because your boss said it was OK doesn't make it any better; he may be an rear end in a top hat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Minclark posted:

I would be. This rule rivals some stupid stuff I have seen at work. I wonder how often things like this happen where a speedy appeal process could get at least most of the passengers where they wanted to go and save the airline some money. Did you have their luggage?

Suppose the "appeal" succeeds and the plane takes off with too few attendants. But it has an emergency on takeoff and crashes and a bunch of people in the back die. These rules don't exist so everyone gets their drinks quickly, they exist for the worst case scenario.

• Locked thread