Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, uh, how do you get back skills lost to Stress? End of the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
As far as skills go, just call out any weird alternate uses for the standard skills, if indeed there are any.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ryuutama's spells are pretty great just because they seem a lot more like magic in a world where there's a lot of traveling.

poo poo, has D&D even got a magical umbrella spell?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So I've been meaning to ask. In Monsters and Other Childish Things, what happens when you grow up to be a (fairly) normal, (modestly) well-adjusted child and you don't hang on to your monster? Does it just go back to wherever Monsters come from?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Druggeddwarf posted:

There is one golden rule in every single game of Kagematsu: He must be played by a woman.

Yeah, this is one of those games that's intended to take you to a different place, psychologically. They're not my bag, but I'm always interested in seeing them written up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lazer Vampire Jr. posted:

Ahahahahahaha its so evillllllllllllllllllllll.

In a surprising twist, that gate was already there when they moved in.

(no it wasn't, but I really want to hear more about this place)

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how most of the treasure in the Tomb of Horrors is just a key to a different part of the Tomb of Horrors.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a gem of wishes that operates on Huffman coding principles. So if you start out a wish by saying "I wish I were", then presto, just like that -- you were.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

So why are we here again? Joining both halves of the Amulet reveals the rest of its message. It's a simple transformation cipher, with some intentional misspellings. It says, translated: "The face of the fiend does more than devour/with the least of my form, tis the path to power." The secret is some Acererak corpse dust, which can be collected without causing Bad poo poo (as seen above). Having it on your person turns the Great Green Face into a portal (in the mouth, of course) to the City of Moil, where your next step lies. We're out the original TOMB OF HORRORS, but things really do get worse from here. There's nothing quite as "gently caress you" as the original TOMB OF HORRORS, but it's just as deadly coming up.

Next time: Moil!

Does the broken amulet count as a treasure that will cause the skull to animate?

I guess if you just put your piece up to it that doesn't really count as touching it.

Anyhow.

What crazy plan is this guy up to that it needs people who went through the first Tomb of Horrors as fodder?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, blindly walking through portals as the key to plot progression. Now that's some Tomb of Horrors.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Evil Mastermind posted:

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: The Inquisition.

Abstinence from meat on Fridays is of course a long-standing part of canon, having been instituted back in the mists of history in 1966, while the Church's knowledge of torture as an ineffectual practice that at best produces lies is a much more modern discovery, only hitting wide circulation in the space-age times of 1376.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Libertad! posted:

The text highly recommends introducing Shroud here if they haven't encountered him, because his special ability allows him to communicate with the spectral flickers in the Temple "and thus makes an excellent guide."

An excellent guide... who can't search for traps.

Has he got ranks in Spot or something because that's what they thought it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So is there any possibility that the cyberassassins sent to kill the cyberpope weren't just a plant by the cyberpapacy?

Trying to cyberkill the cyberpope is right up there with trying to drown Poseidon.

• Locked thread