Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Yep, you seem to be right.... The army is called the Don Host which makes it all kinds of crazy.

The Don Host, as in the Don Cossacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Down With People posted:

A Migou who's an NEG turncoat, because gently caress you, CTech developers. :colbert:

This. Oh and to add to Kurieg's suggestion, Migou schoolgirl.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rulebook Heavily posted:

When the devs claimed the game was a fusion of Lovecraft and Anime, they helpfully failed to specify what kind of Anime. And now we know.

They actually list Legend of the Overfiend in the inspirations section of the core book.

Cthulhutech should not be about humanity's darkest hour- it should be about humanity's transformation. Read the Shadow out of Time, according to Lovecraft we've got millenia left. An alliance with the Deep Ones, government support of magicians and insane science, all of this should be part of us joining the same "community" as the Mi-Go, Yithians, and Elder Things, or re-joining it depending on how you want to view it. It's the end of an age of innocence, but it's not The End.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Fossilized Rappy posted:

Phoenix Legionnaire (CR 10 Medium-size Humanoid)
While they happen to look like skeletons in Roman legionnaire's armor, these entities are actually members of a mystery cult known as the Legion of the Phoenix that have been caught in a state of half-life ever since they pledged to protect Rome from evil when the flames of war engulfed it. That time has come, and now they rise to fight the Axis when the sounds of battle raise them from their ageless sleep beneath the ground. Phoenix legionnaires have fast healing but are otherwise rather nondescript, even having flat 10s for all of their physical ability scores. There's a reason for that, though - every time the legionnaire hurts an enemy in combat, he gets to roll a 1d6, with any roll other than a 1 granting him a point in either Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity to a maximum of 18. If he can get all three scores to at least 14 before the battle is over, he is fully reborn as a human but gets to retain his fast healing. If he runs out of foes before he can get the prerequisite ability scores? Death awaits.

So, basically an entire army of this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Of course it does. :mad: It makes me think of d20 Afghanistan, which gave Muslim clerics cure light wounds because Muslims can ignore pain out of sheer fanaticism, donchaknow. :cripes:

Mother of Christ, I'm starting to see this company made Broncosaurs Rex (Unless we're talking about different groups).

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Okay if 20th anniversary Apolcalypse ever gets to stuff like this, I'm going to track down the authors, tie them to a chair, and force them to read at least a summary of this

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Fossilized Rappy posted:

Dead From Above is abysmally boring. It's good from a game standpoint, as obviously aircraft rules are a pretty drat important thing for a World War II game, but from a review standpoint it's just...there. Land of the Rising Dead also has its worst attributes stuffed away in a back-of-the-book adventure, so that's not quite going anywhere either. Long story short: I'd say mark Weird War II as abandoned, as it's not going any further.

Can we at least get a snapshot of the adventure? Is it really racist, really railroady, really poorly balanced, etc.?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

FMguru posted:

Normally I'd agree - except in 7S the not-Rasputin character is also not-Koschei the Deathless, who has not-Baba Yaga and the living spirit of not-Russia as his patron. He's at least a thousand years old, has dozens of long-term schemes percolating at any given time, is possibly the world's most powerful wizard, and has one of only a half-dozen known magic talismans that allows him to cross the aforementioned giant wall of fire to enter not-China.

If you are lucky, the sagas will sing of the day when your characters did the equivalent of fetching a diet Pepsi from the fridge for him.

Then they shouldn't have given him stats. If it has stats, a player will find a way to kill it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So let me get this straight- as part of Wick's stupid adversarial GMing philosophy, the players and Game Master are supposed to just roll whatever they feel like, within certain limits, and hope they don't get caught? Blame the same lack of coffee AccidetalHipster was suffering from if I'm being dense.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Geez, there's no way to underline that like, three hundred times? Oh well.

Wait, the book that was written primarily as a "gently caress you" by a man about to be laid off? :crossarms: Are we sure this book is meant to be taken seriously?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Punting posted:

That is not at all what I expected Siembieda to look like.

He's had more facial hair in the past. I've never seen him during Rifts' heydey, though.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I'll drop the Black Tokyo review since so many people seem opposed to it. I guess I can find something else :shrug:

I'm not opposed to it- horrifying stuff like that is why I read this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Glove of Power should be Evil-Alignment restricted.

Because it's so bad.

• Locked thread