Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's not that bad, Gerund is just pointing out what the things in the fiction would be under the actual Changeling rules. As far as I remember nobody in the fiction actually calls things Tokens or discusses Fetches and Wyrds except in context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Midnight is pretty much Dr. Mid-Nite without the reverse sight gimmick, and Dr. Geistmann is so Ultra-Humanite it hurts. I will state that Seawolf is at the same time both the most unique and the most Golden Age super character.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Thri-Keen wish they could step to the Kch-Thk.

Also,I seem to remember something similar to the Vas Kra becoming the Vas Mal happening in one of the later Lensman books.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
My favorite part of Eberron (It's all my favorite part) is how Druids are complete badasses.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Isn't the entire point of Werewolf that every tribe sows the seed of it's own idiotic destruction, but why change horses midstream?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Hipster Occultist posted:

So if Mages can live for centuries in Ars Magicia, how does the game change if the players make it to modern times?

You reroll characters in Mage: The Ascension.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Cradle and crescent, because you never got to the Zoroastrian stuff in the main thread.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair to MWProductions, they weren't selling enough units of Marvel to keep the license and not hemorrhage money.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Mors Rattus posted:

What's next?

Do Hedge Magic so we can actually BE Benandanti.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
An ungifted Grog who can only use her powers by brewing special potions, which she does when she's not busy brewing beer for the covenant.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Mors Rattus posted:

Got a favorite for her magic? As a grog, she's only getting one.

Cursing would be the most witchy, I suppose. Can you combine Dowsing and Potions to create a find your keys cocktail?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well, Dowsing then. Nothing says handy grog like an item finder.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is the tech axiom summary from the Living Land sourcebook:

Wait a second, even at tech level 3 you could perform brain surgery! Neanderthals were cracking people's skulls open and not killing them for ages. This book may in fact be racist against cavepersons.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ars Magica has my favorite solution to players deciding that it's time to kill the Pope.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's why it's my favorite solution. Instead of being impossible, it's a huge and probably campaign spanning effort.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Revoting Cradle and Crescent, because we just had a taste of Muslim stuff and Zoroastrian stuff.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm pretty sure the 16 and 14 were editing errors, and not something anyone thought was okay.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair, the Ars Magica books rank in probably the top 5 most researched RPGs ever. When they say Mythic Europe, they mean it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, it's a worse version of the Watch Detective from that otherwise lovely ranger/barbarian/druid splatbook.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Let's do Rival Magic next, because the more ways to use vis we know about the better.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It would totally work for an Iberian campaign (best campaign).

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Let's go with Hermetic Projects.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
With people doing Night's Black Agents and Ashen Stars, would anybody be interested in a review of Mutant City Blues? If you've ever read Powers, it's Powers. If not, imagine Law and Order but sometimes you can get a warrant to read people's minds and figure out how many perps were involved in a crime by what superpowers were used. Also crippling mental issues!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Haunted vehicles get their own chapter because a Weird War game without rules to play The Haunted Tank isn't a Weird War game worth playing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Majuju posted:

What system is best to roleplay totally rockin' boobs and thrashing guitar licks?

Octane.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you've got archives, Captain Foo has run a handful of octaNe games and they've all ruled.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Bitchtits McGee posted:

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but then again, I always feel like that. It's usually the case, too. Anyhow! Next time: kingdom creation! For those interested in reader participation, roll up about fifteen d6s and we'll see what sort of place we get! I can't wait!
More examples are always better!

15d6: 50 [15d6=3, 3, 2, 5, 5, 1, 4, 5, 4, 5, 1, 1, 4, 2, 5]

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yes, Merlin is half demon in the stories. It's sort of a thing with him and being puissant in the mystic arts.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
A struggling writer who comes back to find his Fetch is far better than he ever was at pretty much everything who spends all his time trying to become the Least Noticed Faedude.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's really the final insult. Not only were you taken, not only did they change you forever, not only did they replace you with a puppet, but they replaced you with a puppet who's better than you at being you.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Between the Guinevere art and the "Arthurian Aliens" angle, it sounds like Siembieda is ripping off DC Comic's Camalot 3000. Which, to be honest, isn't the worst thing to rip off.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not to mention one of the Mentalists is straight up The Shadow.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Want to play an Ars Magica game where the Covenant wakes up to find "GET BENT - DELTA LAMBA CONFRATERNITY" burnt into their grounds, thus sparking medieval hijinks.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Let's make some dudes!

http://orokos.com/roll/119140: 1 2 3 5 2 5 5 1 2 4 1 1 4 6 4 1 6 1 2 1 1 3 1 5 5

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 9, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The important thing to remember about Clan Books in oWoD (All the specific organization books, in fact) is that they lay out what the Clan believed happened in history. They are all resolutely bullshit, because it's thousands of years of built up propaganda and games of telephone. It's way more important to see why they think certain things happened. The Children of Gaia, for instance, are complete morons.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Flexible Olive. I yam what I yam, and I yam the silence of the night.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I wonder if anyone playing Ars Magica would ever create a vampire vis mine. It's such a dickwizard thing to do.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It can't be a cabochon, it's faceted. It's obviously a Sapphire of Scents.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yup. In the original story a guy gets tries to escape the hounds by turning his room into an egg shape, which works until a bit of plaster gives way and boop he's gone. The Hounds are the Time Cops of the Mythos, blind hungering things that exist in the avenues of time that you travel when you go backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It wouldn't be TORG without the Cyber-Papacy.

• Locked thread