Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Vigilance posted:

What cap are we working with? Next years which is I believe 64 million? Or this years which is much larger?

This years.

Four teams left it looks like.

And to continue being a contrarian I think the idea of drafting coaches is kinda cool. Maybe a supplemental coaching draft after this is all over :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
give me one of the remaining 4 teams at random! I'll be anyone.

**oh they are listed 3 posts above this one. Uhh.. Buffalo I guess.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 7, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay I'm gonna pick Detroit and try really hard to not embarrass myself with my picks.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

We can talk drafting coaches and unsigned prospects as another draft connected with this one. We should see how this one goes and measure its plausibility.

Boston and Edmonton are the only teams left!

Also, before we draft, EVERYONE WITH A TEAM MUST RE-POST IN THE THREAD. You must re-state which team you are and guarantee you will be able to commit to this. I don't want people signing up because it sounds fun and then realizing they work 70 hours a work and can't make any picks. Make this easy for those who really can do it by just being a bystander, please. This is how poo poo like this winds up losing stems and falling flat. I want everyone as involved as possible. And if you aren't sure if you can keep up, you can post and give up your team instead.

So, for now, I am in as the Devils. Everyone else, post your team and whether you're in or out after a second's thought. And those who want to claim Boston or Edmonton, do so.

mozza
Sep 11, 2005

In Alfie We Trust
I'm in as the Islanders.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I am e flames. Lol, who works 70 hours a week???

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
im in as the habs

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am in as Dallas. After my exam Tuesday, other than a small paper, I have a total of zero working hours. I am pretty much the perfect person to do this.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I'm in as the Rangers.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
In as the Flyers.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm in as God's team - our Blessed Washington Capitals.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

In as the San Jose Sharks.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
I'm in as Les Avalanche du Colorado

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I am still in as the Carolina Hurricanes and itching to find the results of the draft lottery.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Still Leafs.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm Wild.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In as the Red Wings.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Panther Pride

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pittsburgh "best team in the universe" Penguins

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I've got the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. I got to school and work some days but I can certainly make picks while I'm at school. It shouldn't be a problem.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm in as the Winnipeg Jets. I work day shift, but I'll make sure to have picks/instructions in ahead of time so things don't get dragged out.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm in as the Buffalo Sabres. My goal is to draft a team that is the exact opposite in every way than the current roster of the Buffalo Sabres.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Blues and I hope I don't pick too horribly.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So who's doing the Offensive Defensemen/Defensive Offenseman team and the all-black team?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
:lol: even here nobody likes the Oilers

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
In as Chicago.

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star
I'm in as the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Dauher
Jul 22, 2007
The man from not near.
Curious enough to try. I'll take the Bruins.

jopo
Jan 29, 2007

Kovalev out 6-8 months with lazy bones
Succeeding Steve Tambellini is a daunting task, but I'm up for it. I'll take the Oilers if they're still free.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Cool. All teams are taken. I just need responses from anyone who has not reposted their confirmation, and I still need one more person for the auto draft consensus team. Then we can set all the rules together and get the draft started.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Can we double time for the consensus team?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

Can we double time for the consensus team?

Nope, has to be a neutral party.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The following teams must confirm their involvement or they will vacate their positions:

Nashville
Ottawa
Columbus
Phoenix
Los Angeles
Vancouver

I want responses by tomorrow morning latest. I will PM those who are able to receive them.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
im absolutely committed to this as king of the canucks

edit: oh this got moved to the armchair quarterback. guess thats why i stopped checking it. i thought it just hadnt been updated

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 8, 2013

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Sweet. So I PMed everyone except ThinkTank and DOOP, who volunteered as a draft consensus team GM. I need to hear from everyone by tomorrow late morning before work or those teams will be vacated. If someone is just late to respond, he or she can come back and reclaim the team after this happens.

Five teams and one team member. I also need one more volunteer for the draft consensus.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions or issues with the rules in the OP?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Are we gauging success in any way or is this more a long conversation about players and team building philosophies?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Jordan7hm posted:

Are we gauging success in any way or is this more a long conversation about players and team building philosophies?

The second part, really.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
before i totally commit, after drafting, how much effort is there to put in? I mean what do we do other than trade with other people? maybe I'm missing that part :smith:

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Confirming as the beautificent Los Angeles Kings. 'We get all the ladies' is our philosophy in life and on the ice.

E: scratch previous statements; didn't see that the rules had been updated. I'm all good.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hirez posted:

before i totally commit, after drafting, how much effort is there to put in? I mean what do we do other than trade with other people? maybe I'm missing that part :smith:

Just drafting right now.

• Locked thread