Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Put me down for... the nitty gritty slow as molasses Minnesota Wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I'm Wild.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The people of Minnesota know the hockey they want, and we're here to give it to them as a championship contender. I've surrounded myself with a crowd of minds that will put together a strong cohesive roster full of exemplary players to compete in the National Hockey League.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Hello all, with the 9th I am proud to announce the organization will be adding a great powerful force to hold up the scoring first line.
Anze Kopitar C Slovenia

Signed to a 7 year deal that ends in 2015 at a 6.8Mil cap hit.
He's been a elite player quite some time, nearly PPG for the last few season, has great possession numbers and is only 25! He's got a decade left of domination in the tank.

Plus this handsome European heartthrob is a bit of a treat for all the lady fans that come out ;)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

They're both very good centres indeed, but I gave to edge to Kopitar since he's a better goal scorer.

Assists are good, but goals win games. :devil:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I see the effects of a borderline scoring C on a great scoring winger and that is really why I went after one of the better consistent scoring 1C available.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

After long hard consideration the Minnesota Wild are selecting Pekka Rinne G Finland

It's quite relieving to have one of the games more elite goaltenders, who has constantly braved a lesser-dynamic offensive team to constantly turn in a playoff contender. A $7 Million cap hit until 2018 is a bit easier to swallow where in the last 2 seasons he's had over a .920sv%. Only 30, he's definitely not showing signs of slowing down which is something most Finnish goaltenders are known for.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

All's fair in love and war, guys. :colbert:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Hmm seeing the available players, I might have a steal on my hands. Someone who'd work well with Rinne and Kopitar.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Two 32 year old forwards at a 12.2 million cap hit is just a silly choice.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Hands off Rinne, eXXon

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

stab posted:

With the third round pick, I, Brian Burke, select Daniel Sedin. Hahahaha you fools, how did this happen? I've spent 19 million on 3 players, I'm a cap Genius!!!!!!!!!! Cap, schmap, Trades smhades

here are all the people that agree with this choice:

and our 1st round choice, Carey Price with his comments:

"huh, twins huh? Does she have a twin HAHAHA I'm so STONED lol get it stoned goalie humor hahaha pass the joint, bro."

Now this is a draft pick post.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Shoeonhead you son of a bitch :argh:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

We, the Minnesota Wild, take Center Mikhail Grabovski of Belarus

Quite a steal at 5.5 Million until 2016. A nifty playmaker who has a nose for the net, is underrated by some but not to his own fault. Who wouldn't want a 25 goal 2nd line centre with a 65 point potential given the right linemates? I know I do. That's why I'm taking him. You can all burn in hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Hello all, it's been quite exciting for the past round and everyone is really buckling down in having a good time. Without further ado,

Minnesota Wild are quite happy to call upon Right Wing Radim Vrbata Czech Republic

A 25 goal capable winger, signed at a 3 million dollar cap hit until 2014, can be a valuable addition to some quite strong centres already rostered. Being 31, he is still at a physical peak and can bring along some clear leadership to a diverse locker room.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Alright guys, let's see if I can pick before 9am

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

My scouts and I have agreed upon bring back a familiar face,

Ladies and Gentlemen, Minnesota chooses Czech Right Winger Martin Havlat

He best exemplifies the Wild spirit of perseverance, attitude and loyalty. And he is well-loved by teammates and management. Plus, that wicked shot.

On a 5 million cap hit until 2014-15, a top 6 winger that can finish and create plays is something that everyone loves. He might be 32 but no worries about a cool dude that can score.

_______
Roster so far
()-Kopitar-Havlat
()-Grabovski-Vrbata
()()()
()()()
()-Ehrhoff
()()
()()
Rinne
()

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Hmm I may wanna go out for the evening... so buy me some time Starsfan!

Whatever, I'll do a 2am pick. No biggie.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

He's got the right to with a 12 hour time limit.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Many good candidates that were considered have recently been chosen, indeed making this a heated example of finding coveted players!

It's again time that my scouts and assistants converged in the decision making process that for this round the Minnesota chooses and would like to welcome to the Wild franchise,

Defenceman Carl Gunnarsson of Sweden

Even at the final year of a 2 year RFA contract, an excellent two-way puck moving and sound defensive player that Carl is, makes him a great partner for Christian Ehrhoff on the first pairing. He'll provide a compliment in a sound, controlling system that relies on players at the blue line to make the offence work. $1,325,000 cap hit going into RFA is an acceptable deal for this fine 26 year old Swede.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Nothing wrong with taking an excellent backstop. Defence is a prime concern to deal with when not able to secure elite scoring talent.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Scouring through depth charts and points columns, with necessary analytical determination that came the only conclusion in the 8th round for the Minnesota Wild to progress as contenders in the National Hockey League to make our newest addition-

Carl Hagelin Left Winger of Sweden

Dynamic speedy Left Winger, that can read plays smartly, keep the puck where he wants it and doesn't give up on shifts. Who wouldn't want this kind of kid? $875,000 RFA contract that comes up this offseason, will be signed to a nice deal of course that is no doubt to be favourable and just the locker-room personality we all know the Swedes to be. This squad is really rounding out.

Hagelin-Kopitar-Havlat
(x)-Grabovski-Vrbata

Ehrhoff-Gunnarsson

Rinne

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The thing to remember in strategy is sticking to set goals, then accomplishing them to succeed. For Round 9, the player being added is known for his never-say-die attitude, a resilience to battle for the puck at all costs, making others force themselves to create mistakes. Please welcome to the Minnesota Wild,

Left Winger Nikolai Kulemin of Russia

A gritty, driven 26 year old Russian with a 2.8 Million cap hit to 2014, offers a lot of variability in his play and able to skate both wings helps in many special unit situations. Sadly following up a 30 goal campaign in 2010 with two 7 goal seasons, he can only look to come back into scoring form at his age with many good years to look ahead to.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Seems we too are taking a Centre from Buffalo.

The Minnesota Wild are proudly taking Center Mikhail Grigorenko of Russia

Starting an ELC at $1,775,000 is a great deal for a dynamic playmaking junior to play a 3rd line energy role, his size and speed are very attractive to the system. May have shown some struggle but a limited time-frame of decent linemates by Lindy Ruff quite undermined his skills.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

It seems that someone was asleep at the wheel and mixed up some 'drafted' and 'potential picks' lists, we're still looking for whatever might've been the shameful cause.

WILD SELECT D TONI LYDMAN

Single year contract for a 2nd pairing 35-year-old Finn at $3,000,000, can easily divulge hard earned lessons from his career onto the young-guns and take decent opponents is a plus in my book! Why he also showed how not to play when facing the Red Wings, an eye-opener for Fowler and Sbisa!

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 6, 2013

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Well there's an overreaction that I didn't expect, love you fellow GMs too. For the cooler headed ones, you're cool. Just remember we're having a fun cool time for the long haul and there's no way in hell we're finishing this draft by the end of May.

Picked edited in previous post.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Well jeez louise, sometimes our good old google doc doesn't hold up that well and it can miss a player in search, pick rectified. But it's nice knowing that so far I'm an enemy of the state even after 10 previous picks being made/submitted without delay.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Spamtron7000 posted:

DC - I hope your 2nd choice didn't get picked. I'm not so impatient that I couldn't have waited. I just figured since you took a defenseman that you wouldn't mind me taking Varlamov (who is totally awesome by the way).

A Rinne/Varly tandem would've definitely been A thing. The only true player that was taken away before his time is Nikita Nikitin :argh: drat I wanted him so badly.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Oh wow Rielly, this is one hell of a reach.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Excellent afternoon all, beautiful weather in this spring season.

Today I go after a little bit of secure reliable kid who has a good shot and can handle the tough assignments, be a quick energetic step, and drive opponents nuts.

Minnesota Wild select Right Winger Michael Frolik of Czech Republic

A hit of $2,333,333 until 2014, he's had some problems playing a full season in the last few but him being 25 is the hope that he can pull himself back to his Panthers days.

He'll be joining Grigorenko on the 3rd line.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Gonna write up a better post in the morning but right now,

Wild select D Anton Volchenkov

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Wild select RW Antti Miettinen

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Wild select LW Lauri Korpikoski

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The Minnesota Wild are proud to select LW Alexei Ponikarovsky of Ukraine

A guy I'll slot in at the 4th line, he'll slot in well as a dependable depth veteran. A $1,800,000 price tag on one season is fine enough to reconsider whether to bring him back, but he's just asked to control the puck and keep it away from Rinne's face.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Minnesota Wild select Center Tom Wandell

A fine 4th line centre to have between Ponikarovsky and Miettienen, at a reasonable $892,500 cap hit until he goes RFA in the offseason, he brings a dependable game to a more defensive role.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

woah lookit the day fly by

Minnesota Wild select Defenceman Henrik Tallinder

$3,375,000 cap hit until 2013-14

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Minnesota Wild select D Alexander Sulzer of Germany

Cap Hit of 725K, serves as the 6th man in the defence, and completes the starting line-up.

Hagelin – Kopitar – Havlat
Kulemin – Grabovski – Vrbata
Korpikoski – Grigorenko – Frolik
Ponikarovsky– Wandell– Miettinen

Ehrhoff – Gunnarsson
Lydman – Volchenkov
Tallinder – Sulzer

Rinne

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Minnesota Wild select Danish defenceman Philip Larsen

$1,025,000 hit until 2013. A good kid to have in as a 6-7th d-man.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

It's ridiculous since the season isn't even over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Yes I am!

Minnesota Wild select Goaltender Johan Hedberg of Sweden

A two year $1,400,000 deal, dependable to take some games from Rinne to keep his knees not-explody. Everything you could ask for from a backup goalie.

Current Roster:
Hagelin – Kopitar – Havlat
Kulemin – Grabovski – Vrbata
Korpikoski – Grigorenko – Frolik
Ponikarovsky– Wandell– Miettinen

Ehrhoff – Gunnarsson
Lydman – Volchenkov
Tallinder – Sulzer

Rinne
Hedberg

Healthy scratch: Larsen

• Locked thread