Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Shoeonhead22 posted:

I'll GM the Avalanche, less media pressure than the Habs

ill take the habs. my first rule will to be to ban the media

edit drat you castro! I want a lovely team unless castro changes his mind.

give me like calgary or florida if not or something equally awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm not really partial to any remaining team, so if an actual Habs fan wants them, take 'em. I'll let random.org decide it for me.

And the winner is....The San Jose Sharks

ill take the habs then. thanks buddy. fourth line quebecois players on the whole team for me!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

im in as the habs

stab
Feb 12, 2003

i am not so sure posted:

Yeah stab hasn't answered my PM. I have to go to bed though so we will have to pick for him tomorrow.

crap posting from my phone to get the ball rolling but ill fill this out later

total homer pick, but im taking carey price.

yup its party time

stab
Feb 12, 2003

wow, j'ai fait un gros write-up pour mon prochaine choix pis le forum la mange sans rien ecrire. celui me rend en crisse.

avec leur choix de deuxieme tour, le Club de Hockey Canadien sont fiers de selectionne anciennement de l'equipe de hockey MODO, Henrik Sedin

Ouais on est courant que il n'est plus jeune, mais il sera productif encore pour 3-4 ans de plus, et le Club de Hockey Canadien vise toujours le Coupe Stanley. On veut notre 25ieme Coupe. Ole!

english part: somebody post twins.gif, mine was too large and crashed my mega french write-up plz tia

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Paulocaust posted:

Someone thwart stab's plan.

I have a 0% chance of that happening, and my plan is to go away from that :ninja:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Starsfan posted:

Whatever you say, guy who picked a goaltender in the 1st round.

I take offense to that statement good sir :mad:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Boomer The Cannon posted:

With the 61st pick in the SAS Draft, the Winnipeg Jets select defenseman Dustin Byfuglien

Rationale: I needed a two-way defensemen with experience playing two-way hockey. Dustin has the stats and is locked in for a decent time period at an acceptable cap-hit. I'm probably hosed for a defensemen with decent stats and a decent cap hit by the time another 58 picks come around, so I needed to strike now while the irons are hot.

dammit there goes my pick :(

stab
Feb 12, 2003

fowler was on my list too. then again;, of my ten next choices, I also have ten d so w/e

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Verviticus posted:

yeah, im not getting anybody i like. this is why i dont do fantasy hockey anymore :mad:

i've got 9 dmen on my list, and 9 picks to go. pretty sure I'm getting somebody i want :)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

toe knee hand posted:

Oh boy, I wonder who stab is gonna take!

With the third round pick, I, Brian Burke, select Daniel Sedin. Hahahaha you fools, how did this happen? I've spent 19 million on 3 players, I'm a cap Genius!!!!!!!!!! Cap, schmap, Trades smhades

here are all the people that agree with this choice:

and our 1st round choice, Carey Price with his comments:

"huh, twins huh? Does she have a twin HAHAHA I'm so STONED lol get it stoned goalie humor hahaha pass the joint, bro."

stab fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 16, 2013

stab
Feb 12, 2003

stab posted:

gordie howe!

hahaha how the gently caress did this happen?????

phone posting but obviously I select Daniel Sedin

twins.gif please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9zxsRzN-M

seriously look at my last five posts or so and what I was saying.....

stab posted:

I have a 0% chance of that happening, and my plan is to go away from that :ninja:

stab posted:

dammit there goes my pick :( (Dustin Byfgulien)

stab posted:

fowler was on my list too. then again;, of my ten next choices, I also have ten d so w/e

stab posted:

i've got 9 dmen on my list, and 9 picks to go. pretty sure I'm getting somebody i want :)

New New New World Order!

stab fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 16, 2013

stab
Feb 12, 2003

who's up and when am I? just in case since im busy today and dont want to hold up the line..

stab
Feb 12, 2003

yeah im not totally confident about my next choice haha thats what happens when you draft with zero research

stab
Feb 12, 2003

right before bed so no big write up but I need the big body to play with the sedins so I pick Blake Wheeler and yeesh I have to start researching more haha

stab
Feb 12, 2003

canuckanese posted:

Agreed on Tyutyin and Enstrom. There are still some good defensemen out there though.

Wheeler is a good pick. The thing that is "off" about him, as you put it, is that he's the kind of guy who relies on linemates to make things happen moreso than an elite forward who's going to make things happen on their own all the time. He's never really been an impact player. He's great as a complementary first line forward which is exactly what he'd be with the Sedins. I'd bet he'd be a consistent 60-70 point guy playing with those two.

I like the Hodgson pick. He's a good second line center for now, lots of upside, could eventually be a first line center.

that was exactly my logic. I wanted a complimentary piece with upside that could be elevated playing with top players, and wheeler fits that mold perfectly...its a first line that would be very difficult to shut down..

stab
Feb 12, 2003

again at work so phone post but le club de hockey canadien continues to build their third line youth movement to pair with alex galchenyuk (who's a winger on my team) by selecting a draft dropper in Sean Couturier or however the gently caress you spell his name.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I know his loving knee oww but im so fn busy I dont care

Andrei Markov , come on down!

markov to the sedins its goinf to be a loving passfest

penspowerplay.txt

stab fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 26, 2013

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

What I got out of that is that Dubinsky wasn't as good as NAME REDACTED

Sounds like a second line center to me!

ya broke the rule buddy :mad:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

i am not so sure posted:

Sure.

Ducks select Cory Conacher.

ffuuuuckkkkkkk yyyyyooooouuuuuuuu

stab
Feb 12, 2003

gently caress you rear end in a top hat who took conacher and hosed with my program so im gonna be like a noob in poker and go on tilt and select Mark Streit

best pp in the league gently caress yeah

stab
Feb 12, 2003

my kid is teething and driving me nuts gently caress teething so give me david clarkson ( couldnt check if he was drafted wheres the loving childrens tylenol)

thank god for tempra.

big physical winger to protect the rookies, he can fight and in random seasons like a game of dungeons and dragons he crit hits and scores 30, without the ferrari penalty and cap hit modifier of dany heatley.

stab fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 30, 2013

stab
Feb 12, 2003

eXXon posted:

I feel like if this league really happened none of the pending UFAs would re-sign anywhere for a couple of years until every team filled out their ~10-20m in unused cap space.

im at 39 million right now

ive got nooooooooo problems spending
*cliff fletcher blingie*

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Vigilance posted:

He should be required to post an image of Dale Tallon before every one of his future picks because he forgot to fax the paper work in time to I am not so sure Bettman

this is the only acceptable outcome ill accept to allow a pick change.

and he toxxes it too so we catch him in round 47 and he gets banned over mario scandella

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Spamtron7000 posted:

Don't worry. Marino Scarsdella is still available.

more proof on how rough its going to get when we are ten rounds in and already picking people nobody has a goddamn idea who it is

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

The Blackhawks select Sergei Gonchar.

He's 38, but he averaged 23 minutes this season in EK's absence. He is a Stanley Cup winner with 120+ playoff games played, and has been one of the most consistent defencemen in the league during the last two decades. He shoots left but plays RD and will be paired with Bogo. I expect him to play out this last year on his contract and at least one more year beyond that. His experience and leadership will help some of the young guys on our team, especially Schultz, develop into real good pros.

So far:

PA Parenteau - Spezza - Tarasenko
- - Krejci - Alfie
- - - - Silfverberg

Bogosian - Gonchar
- - Schultz

Rask

nice pick and write up!

except for you know, the fact that Gonchar was already drafted and all.

ggnextmap

stab
Feb 12, 2003

continue drafting habs or ex habs and more of a strategy to make you poo poo your pants on the pp by drafting raphael diaz

gently caress the salary cap booya

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Verviticus posted:

im pretty sure at this point i couldn't hit the salary cap if i wanted to

im getting close...why im drafting dane killers that the walrus doesnt know

stab
Feb 12, 2003

im always up when im working dammit

I select Luca Sbisa only because he is swiss.

I now call my defense "three swiss and a little rusky" my d cant hit for poo poo but my team will have a 50% pp rate

and the part of Tom Selleck will be played by Mark Streit.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

I don't see Sbisa going anywhere actually. He takes loads of penalties, like, loads and mor soften than not he's a defensive liability. He hasn't really I,proved his game noticeably over the last couple years and I think he's gonna be real forgettable in an Anaheim core of Fowler, Vatanen and _________

he's swiss and half my d is from Switzerland so virtual world analysts can make horrible swiss cheese d analogies ad nauseam

stab
Feb 12, 2003

eXXon posted:

This is a slight exaggeration. But do make sure there are no under 40 goalies left for ianss next round.

Also I looked up Sbisa's stats and he was below average last year on a bad Anaheim team and has been awful this year on a better team so uhhhh

I still think he has upside, and everybody was terrible in anaheim last year. he's one of those d's that if you pair with a smart d (ie markov), he'll do fine

stab
Feb 12, 2003

mozza posted:

Sorry for the delay, it's no big deal but I can respond faster if I get a PM because it goes to my email.

The Islanders select C Saku Koivu.

I might be severely misjudging his value, as he's 38 year old and not long for the league, but he's still productive, great leader, I have to run off so I can't say much more, I'll edit in a paragraph maybe tonight. Eases the pressure on Zibanejad for at least a year or two.

Boedker - M. Richards - Perry
T. Ruutu - S. Koivu - Stewart
Foligno - Zibanejad

Regehr - Myers
Kulikov -

Quick

I hate you. so much.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

quick somebody post my team and tell me how much its going to wreck tours on the pp plz

stab
Feb 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

stab and the Canadiens are up

work is killing me so no research so mock away at my pick but I need some d toughness and if he doesnt terrify on the pp he doesnt play on my team so......

Sheldon Souray come on down!

team speed = penalties= I murder you = goals

on the other hand soft d= suicidal carey= play the trap 5 on 5

stab
Feb 12, 2003

team built for the regular season yet I finish 11th

sedin intangibles folks

stab
Feb 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Well, I'll be damned I just tried it and you're right. Maybe FHM will be playable by then =/

Your defense is really bad.

theyre better defensively than you give them credit for, they just arent in the HULK SMASH mode you may be looking for in your D :)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Verviticus posted:

by what metric is varlamov a top 15 starter

by what they were traded for

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Zodijackylite posted:

The New York Rangers select Jarred Tinordi. A big defensemen who recently broke into the NHL with Montreal, he stands 6'6" and at 21 years old looks to be a physical presence to complement our two offensively-capable defenders in years to come.

Signed for $1,082,500 through 2014-15, then RFA.

ffuuuuucckkkk yoooooouuuuuuuu

stab
Feb 12, 2003

so its my turn huh

what do I need?

another dman?

sure!

can he play the powerplay?

young and cheap?

upside?

french name?

not french?

better pick than steve mason?

can he play the power play?

power?

play?

Nathan Beaulieu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Is Steve Mason really your number one guy right now? Ouch.

I am actually going to be surprised if anyone drafts any of these serviceable goalies, because I really can't think of one being available. Unless you are doing the old broken down dude who you hope will have another year in him deal.

I find it absolutely hilarious that a stanley cup winning goalie is still on the board after steve loving mason.

also my defense will score all. the. goals.

• Locked thread