Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Give me all the Panthers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So you're gonna sim this in NHL 13? Is there anyway we can get like a list of everyone's ratings under that?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Gotcha.

It's too bad the OOTP hockey sim got bumped again. Can't wait to try that.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah why not make unsigned (but drafted) guys available? Want to draft Kuznetsov.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
At any rate, I'm taking Boucher far too early.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Spamtron7000 posted:

Problem is, if we do that it will pretty much eliminate the possibility of simming in NHL13 because that player doesn't exist.

If that's the primary reason there are going to be a lot of players missing from the roster because just signed prospects like Merrill and Boucher won't go undrafted.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vigilance is not at a computer but he texted me to snag the PENGUINS.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Calgary and Florida are both taken as well give this man the New York Rangers the worst franchise in hockey history

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Verviticus posted:

should we be factoring age into our decisions

I think it depends on what kinda team you're trying to build. I may try the Edmonton eight year model.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Chicago and St. Louis are taken but not listed in the OP.

It looks like the following teams are left:

Buffalo, Boston, Detroit, Edmonton, Phoenix.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Vigilance posted:

What cap are we working with? Next years which is I believe 64 million? Or this years which is much larger?

This years.

Four teams left it looks like.

And to continue being a contrarian I think the idea of drafting coaches is kinda cool. Maybe a supplemental coaching draft after this is all over :o:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Panther Pride

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm drafting Lou Lamoriello style. So...

No comment.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

"It is what it is."

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
That's amazing. I want a Dano Doll like that but with a big bottle of Scotch stitched to one hand.

(Agree on the Crosby pick, woulda done the same)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Word. Thanks dude.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

We're going to control what we can control. Things will fall where they may.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
hmmm how does one tank in a fantasy draft hmmm

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Vigilance posted:

We really need to draft coaches too that would be hella rad. Maybe make up a separate draft order for coaches and do that after this part of the draft is concluded? Coaches have such a huge amount to do with how a team performs.

Believe we're gonna do supplemental for coaches/unsigned + undrafted folks after the big show if everyone isn't sick of this by then

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
non-lou non-canon post: After ranking my top 30 or so, I don't think I'm going to get any of the guys I really want at #20 :mad:

e: plus I don't really get to control my round with a sandwich pick, #20 blows

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kopitar's age pushes him over the top. If you're building a team for the next 10 years he's a definite top 10 guy.

Spamtron7000 posted:

I put some automatic salary cap calculation stuff at the bottom of the first sheet of the Google Doc but there's no way I'm going to copy and alter that formula for everyone. I did the Jets, Stars and Capitals and then I gave up.

Yeah while it would be nice to have it in one place that's a lotta work so hopefully everyone knows about : http://capgeek.com/ducks/cap-calculator as this thing goes on or else there are going to be some funny contracts in the AHL.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 10, 2013

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Shoeonhead22 posted:

Eventually there's going to be an AHL team that has like 7 players, it's inevitable.

Well the AHL doesn't have a cap so it'd be more like an NHL team with three lines (which is actually against league regulations).

Basically no one draft Bryzgalov.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Are we respecting NMCs? Because technically those guys should ineligible for the AHL right?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
would be cool if I could pick tonight

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah, like it was pretty obvious this was going to take some effort cmon gooners

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think it will be cool to look at teams as they get built but right now it's kinda hard because we haven't even finished half a loving round.

Don't quit Dauher you actually showed up for your pick in a reasonable time frame. Give it a couple of rounds at least.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 11, 2013

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I love Quick and Zach but those seem kinda early for the both of them. I had them pegged as second or third rounders. Quick is streaky as hell and Parise's best offensive years are probably behind him (although like Toews his defensive value I think is severely underrated).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah there aren't any obviously better picks I think, this is kind of a team building/personal evaluation kind of stretch.

It looks like my guy will be there, but we shall see ANAHEIM.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

i am not so sure posted:

I know who you're picking.

I'm kind of torn. I have a few logical choices and a few happy fun time choices.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

*looks from side to side*

*squints*

*squints again*

/in massive Boston accent

We'd just like to thank New Jersey and their organization for their hospitality in hosting this event. With the 20th overall pick, the Florida Panthers select...out of Brampton, Ontario - Tyler Seguin - C.

As much as we liked *coughs* other players on the board, we feel that Tyler has his best years in front of him, and is maturing into a wonderful player in this league.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There were a lot of really awesome players on the board that I really wanted to pick that I can't talk about right now but you probably know at least one of them but Seguin's contract and his age and everything else just made him too hard to pass up. He ain't playing 17 a night for this Panthers team. We're gonna ride him for 20 and hopefully enjoy a nice PPG pace for years to come.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I was very, very surprised he wasn't taken in the top ten.

I would have taken 1-11 over him, and *maybe* Lundqvist.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Hmmm interesting. Everyone is really going for youth right now with their first picks (outside of like Datsyuk). I wonder when the franchise veterans will start being taken.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Lightning/Chairman Wao are on the clock.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
poo poo I hoped one of Kovy or Spezza would fall back to me.

E: So it's Phoenix's turn right now?

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 13, 2013

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

With the 40th overall pick, the Florida Panthers are proud to select, out of Burnaby, British Columbia, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

We feel that with the structure of our team, this player was the best fit. He and Tyler will not only give our fans hope for today, but tomorrow.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Thought long and hard about some of the star vets on the board, but couldn't pass up RNH and Seguin out there for the next 10 years. Hopefully I can surround them with some high priced veteran talent as this goes on and other teams run into cap trouble while I still have a lot of room.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Thought about Suter, probably would have taken him if I was doing more of a veteran team. He's a great pick. loving gobbles minutes.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm just roleplaying Lou I can post more if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My favorite team so far is Detroit btw. Kovalchuk + The Big E? Amazing. Like the Preds too - OEL + Backstrom is a nice core.

• Locked thread