Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I used to live in Indianapolis and the Mudkids are totally "right sized" for that city. They are a fantastic, fun live performance and they tour just enough so that they are available when you are in the mood, randomly present enough on the scene that you know them and like them but not so much that you get sick of them, and just rare enough that you can convince a pretty girl that you are "in the know" and "know a super cool local band". They are "right sized" for Indy -- they aren't going anywhere beyond that in a substantial fashion. That said, if any goons are in Indy I'd recommend checking them out.

Right now I live in NYC and Orange County. I don't even know where to start with the NYC music scene but live music is always a party. What I love about New York is that it does a great job forcing people to spend time with the man in the mirror and not to coast. Performers who shouldn't be performers burn out quickly enough and I'm not hip enough that any live music venue is going to pretty good. I just don't do a lot of live music because music isn't a big bonding thing with my NYC friends: meaning we don't like the same stuff.

But at least there is music everywhere in NYC. You can find some small time band doing something fun. I have NO idea where to start in Orange County. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

simreal posted:

Wow ... I checked out their Myspace (first link in Google search) and they have some killer stuff.

I was checking over my old posts, thanks for reminding me to remind myself of the Mudkids. It's some good poo poo -- the longer away from the Midwest I get the more I think I undervalued them just because, well, everybody knows the Midwest is poo poo. Self-depreciation can lead us to undervalue some real loving gems.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Lately, fantastic Negritos has really impressed me. I enjoy the music but what I really like is the performance.

• Locked thread