Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Yeah, I have no idea what goes on in the Central League, so I'm unfamiliar with most of the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
What kind of All-Star team has 4 Astros on it?

e: Do we know if they're using MLB or NPB balls?

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 11, 2014

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
gently caress you, MLB players.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

mikeycp posted:

What kind of All-Star team has 4 Astros on it?

e: Do we know if they're using MLB or NPB balls?

http://yakyubaka.com/2014/08/23/8222014-suzuki-japan-star-series-2014-rules/ posted:

The designated hitter will be used.
Twenty-eight players will be allowed in the dugout.
Umpires: two MLB umpires and two NPB umpires.
Pitch Limits: no pitcher will be allowed to throw more than eighty pitches, unless they hit the limit while facing a hitter. Pitchers that throw fifty or more pitches in a game will require four days of rest; thirty or more pitches, or appearances on consecutive days, will require one day of rest. There will be no limits during the Commemorative Game (11/11) or the Friendly Game (11/20).
Extra innings: If a game goes into extra innings, tie-break rules will apply. Beginning in the 10th, innings will begin with runners on first and second and no out. The runners will be the two hitters that batted before the hitter leading off the inning. If the game is still tied after 12 innings, it will end in a tie. There will be no extra innings for the Commemorative Game and Friendly Game.
Baseball: Rawlings WBC baseball. NPB Standard Baseball will be used during the Commemorative Game when Hanshin/Yomiuri is on defense.
Prize Money: 100 million yen total. 50 million to the championship team, 10 million to the winner of each of the five series games (11/12-11/18).

(The commemorative game would be this one.) Also they rebuilt the mounds with MLB-standard dirt. I guess japanese dirt is lava.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

fisting by many posted:

(The commemorative game would be this one.) Also they rebuilt the mounds with MLB-standard dirt. I guess japanese dirt is lava.

Ok. Cool. The WBC ball was basically the MLB ball, right?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I'm not sure, but I think it's closer to the MLB ball than the NPB one.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

RIP Japan

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Grand slam :aaa:

Guess this one's over.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LONGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Man, Japan's gettin' roughed up. I got the impression they were sending their A-team and the MLB would get crushed.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Man, Japan's gettin' roughed up. I got the impression they were sending their A-team and the MLB would get crushed.

This is just the Tigers and Giants jammed together. They don't play Samurai Japan until the next bunch of games.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

mikeycp posted:

This is just the Tigers and Giants jammed together. They don't play Samurai Japan until the next bunch of games.

Oh, that makes sense. We shall be humbled in time.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

Oh, that makes sense. We shall be humbled in time.

I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This is a whole bunch of replacement-level dudes putting a hurting on Hanshin and the Giants. An Astro got a dinger. AN ASTRO!!!

• Locked thread