Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Survey Corp huh, that'll work I suppose. I like the ED, both the song and the art style they chose, not the biggest fan of the opening song, it's ok but doesn't seem to match the actual content of the show. Certainly a long way from being bad though.

Not sure how much I'll be commenting in this thread since I'm caught up on the manga and I worry about accidentally spoiling something, but I wanted to say that so far it's a great adaptation so far and I hope it keeps up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Damnit CR, why this show of all shows to get delayed. :mad: (it's still the best 7 entertainment bux I spend a month). gently caress it, I'll just watch it again on Tuesday.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crunchyroll's version is up now, looks like whoever it was who was supposed to do it before bailing for golden week finally remembered.
:asoiaf:

This is it, the Best Thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nice, it's already up on CR too. It would be awesome if they can keep that schedule.

e: :asoiaf:

e:e:
thanks fanime!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 26, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

New episode is on crunchyroll now. :asoiaf:

e: it owned.

I thought I liked this a whole lot as a manga, but wow, I love it even more as anime. That titan just leisurely chewing on that guy like he was a piece of licorice or something was horrifying.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 2, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jackard posted:

Crunchyroll calls him Captain too.

Horrblesubs is just a rip of Crunchyroll and/or Funi's streams.

E: oh hey. There's a new page.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm surprised I'm not sick of these yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvkt87Ygcw4
Well done Madoka x Attack on Titan OP.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Voice actress Yui Ishikawa, who plays the role of Mikasa in the Attack on Titan television anime series, posted a photo to her blog on Tuesday of herself and a rubber keychain version of Mikasa.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

If you don't like the adaptation, you don't like it. Nothing about they way they're doing it is going to change past the point you've seen already. It's not like there's some Internet Rule where you have to keep watching, so I wouldn't think too much about it and just keep reading the manga if you like that. :shrug:

For what it's worth I found the difference in tones between the manga and anime versions really jarring at first (and still do, to some extent), but as it stands now I like both versions about equally.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 28, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don't really know how anime production works. 24 episodes is all the episodes this, and most shows, get right? As opposed to being decided based on popularity after the run?

Yeah, it's generally 12ish or 24ish episodes with any new season being announced sometime after the initial run is done airing, probably after they see how many DVD/blurays they sold. I'm not sure what, if anything, gets a show put into the category of something like One Piece with it's zillion episodes to match it's zillion volumes. Insane sales numbers maybe?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Holy poo poo what an episode, :asoiaf: the female titan doesn't gently caress around.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Even the staff at Comiket this year is getting in on the whole Titan thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that's what No Pants Girl is from, it had an anime fairly recently didn't it? It looked bad.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Hanji overreacts to everything.

He's calm up top, working madly below ok? :mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PunkBoy posted:

:stare:

Well there goes more characters I was just starting to like. :(

Seriously. :( And please stop repeatedly focusing on their broken, lifeless bodies.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, it looks like she basically rope-a-doped him. Eren is pure aggression and rage, which isn't to be taken lightly, but she seems to be a fully trained titan-soldier and is much more skilled at both fighting and how to use her titan abilities.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

Haha, I just realized Levi gave Dieter Petra's sash and pretended it was Ivan's.

Ha ha.

ha.

:shepicide:

That was a grim fuckin episode.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love when you can look back and go "well how in the gently caress did I miss that?".

Then again, I don't know how many show-only people were surprised at who the Female Titan turned out to be since I've been reading the manga; the reveal there did pretty much catch me off guard, which is pretty silly when there were even more clues that should have tipped me off.

e: the link is just a manga panel showing a big clue for stuff you've already seen in the anime version, nothing new to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It just seems like "filler" is the wrong word for it, it's just stuff added for the adaptation that still advances the plot and themes of the story. Filler would be if they spent an episode or 6 at a 3D Maneuver Gear Tournament arc or something and then that poo poo is never referenced again and doesn't do anything that affects the storyline.

It's not like the manga is a documentary, things have to be added and changed around to make a good show.

• Locked thread