Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
The raw of the first episode is already up here: http://www.nosub.tv/watch/43445.html I'm in the middle of watching it but it seems awesome so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

TheWorstSwordsman posted:

That certainly was a lot of filler, I agree. Was all that in the Manga? I think the worst part about glasses girl's speech was we knew and cared gently caress all about the names she was listing. She may as well have been reading a phone book for the same effect.

Also I felt a little miffed about the scene where Eren's confronting Mikasa about her going with him. It was pretty much "There's no way you're coming with me nuh uh not in a million years go away"
"Hey Ackerman we want you with us."
"Oh ok now that's fine."

Something about it left me feeling cold.

Saying that, I think Mikasa's face here sums up most peoples feelings on this episode:

Super mild spoiler answering your question:
Everything you listed was anime original, oh boy! At first I was glad to see more Rico (glasses girl), but it's like they couldn't have picked anything less entertaining to do with her. It felt like half the episode was unnecessary new stuff.

Regarding next week's preview, related to above spoilers:
Some of that looks anime original, too, but hopefully more interesting since it's recruits vs. titans?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Genocyber posted:

That blog post would be better if it didn't focus mostly on how it doesn't treat women like sex objects. I don't really think that's a point in the show's favor, because it's something that should be regardless. Then again, I don't really watch much modern anime so my expectations are probably a bit different.

I always thought this magazine cover summed it up nicely:

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
Now may be a good time to mention that the first 7 volumes are available in English, with the rest coming at a rate of one per month up through volume 11.

Edit: The anime ends in the middle of volume 8, though, FYI.

ZORAK EDIT: Accidentally hit this guy, ignore this probation! SORRY KUSARU.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 29, 2013

• Locked thread