Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I liked the first episode a lot, though as I predicted it's a bit slow, especially if you've read the manga so the exposition is pointless. Should pick up pretty quickly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Titans, giants and jotun (=eotenas) are very, very similar. And considering the setting, using a word from norse mythology might feel a bit more appropriate.

Eotenas is still stupid because it's an old english word, which means it's not in use in any language used today, and even if you wanted to go for an old-timey word for some bizarre reason, it would make more sense to go for its source-word Etunaz (which is proto-Germanic, fitting with the mostly Germanic character-names), or the far more well-known and appropriate Jotunn, which is literally the same word - both come from Etunaz - except, you know, well-known and Norse, which makes more sense given some other names in the series so far.

And that's assuming you do want to change Titans, for some stupid reason.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We can always dream of a decent place to end it popping up in the next ~4/5 chapters of the manga.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's a pretty weird scoring system, putting height/weight at the same level of importance as performance. And I'm not sure what evaluation is supposed to mean, did they just add the army's subjective rankings of the characters? If so they're pretty wack, as mentioned Armin sure doesn't deserve that A+, and Christa/Connie/Sasha seem to be purely riding on their cooperation (while Annie and Ymir gets way trashed by theirs, which makes sense at least).

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Sorry Corals posted:

By the chart I suppose Krista got bonus points for being able to dupe titans into thinking she's a tasteless squirrel or pigeon.

Well she did get the lowest rank of all the characters (depending on how you rate B?). Although considering Annie's high rank, I'm not sure why Ymir is below Connie/Sasha, since Annie/Ymir have very similar stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Popo posted:

Not sure about that specific image but there was an official bonus material type book that had those same charts.

Not the same ones at all. Extremely minor stat-spoilers: The stats there were Combat, Maneuverability, Cooperation, Battle Sense (so Intelligence, just more specific) and a special stat that was different for every character, and mostly tongue-in-cheek. So only 3 of the same stats, and I know the numbers were at least somewhat different too - Mikasa had 11 in Combat and Armin 11 in Battle Sense, among other things.

• Locked thread