Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Smornstein posted:

I believe it's implied that when he found out Karla died he snapped and tried to kill Eren presumably he was going to kill himself after killing Eren.

"You'll understand" and giving Eren the key to the basement implies that there was no attempted killing. He snapped, but he wasn't murderous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Shingeki's Bizarre Adventures - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejO_gsnBcO4 (Very well synced)

It's scary how well this synced up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Davincie posted:

Why exactly is anime getting made so close to the release date? Seems like a very risky thing, what if one of the episodes ends up just not finished before the supposed release date?

That comparison video is what happens. Good lord that was terrible. I wonder how pissed off the locals who got that broadcast were.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Giggily posted:

All of the flashbacks are actually of Eren's dad injecting Miakasa with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man's DNA

Well, she probably could take on some wrestlers.

This is the magazine cover for an issue with a much later chapter, so I guess this needs a spoiler warning if the text says anything specifically about the chapter when translated.
Just look at her.

Speaking of warnings, what happened to the sirens smily?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Eren is a reasonable sized anime 15 year old, but you're telling me that he was 12 when the training arc began!?

Yes, I know, teenagers went to war all the time, but even then the bulk of armies (and especially the veterans) were usually older.

And wow, didn't expect Mikasa to outweigh Eren. But that could be my internalised sexism speaking.

Minimum age for recruits is 12, yes. Anybody pressured in by their family, or joining for near-insanity like Eren, will sign up right away. It's also why training lasts for years, before the recruits officially join the military.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Titan flesh evaporates as soon as it becomes separated from the main body.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wrong thread.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, Mikasa is pretty muscular, which is also why she is heavy for her size.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Davincie posted:

Well we know there are small villages spread around within the walls from some of the recruits. I imagine the towns are just the most logical place for people to move to though since there are rivers connecting them (or maybe only the town Eren grew up in?)

All of the major towns (the bubbles) are built on rivers, allowing for ease of transportation of goods and people between the walls, and ready access to fresh water. The smaller towns between walls are the farmers and hunters that produce the vast majority of the food supply.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

From what I'm aware they didn't clear Trost of the titans, the soldiers got supplies so they could escape Trost and head into Wall Maria. Trost is still under Titan control, but what happened in Episode 8 made sure that they mostly got out alive.

Yes, the Titans have completely overrun the main town. The surviving civilians made it through the inner gate. The signal to climb the walls was called because the surviving civilians had all gotten out, meaning the soldiers didn't need to be right in the thick of things anymore.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

And it also reminds me of the lightning effect when Mikasa finally finds the resolve to use the knives against her kidnappers. What was Eren's father doing to her?

That was just visual metaphor. She wasn't literally crackling with electricity.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Brutus Salad posted:

She did however jump so hard that she broke a floor-board, they hosed that scene up in the Anime but entire scene wasn't a visual metaphor. Plus, I don't think the theory that Dr. Jaeger was using the plague mentioned at the start of episode 1 as a cover for his actual experiments is a bad one.

I was just saying the electricity wasn't actually there. I wasn't commenting on the theory that Dr. Jaeger gave her injections.

And Mikasa breaking the knife handle and floorboard happened in the manga.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Let Sasha saturate every form of media. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Crunchyroll and Funimation.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

The filler episodes were not very good

Just want to say that there has not been a single filler episode (following the definition as "things added to slow down the anime's catch-up rate"). It's been a near 1:1 ratio for episodes to chapters. The only major difference is showing the training segment as it happened, instead of having it be a long flashback like the manga.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pensive posted:

the whole point about Roy's group is that their trying to end all that crap by subverting the government from within.

And also to have all female officers wear tiny miniskirts. I love the scenes where Roy gets to goof off. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Garnavis posted:

So that was just some noble, not actually the king? I guess I was just making assumptions. If so, I'm glad, and I actually prefer the king himself remaining faceless.

The king lives in the very center of the entire country. That guy was only in charge of the Trost district. He was the governor, basically.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

Not only that, Marco died so Jean could live. Jean's going through some horrific self-image issues right now, the whole point is he's going to get character development and grow from selfish jerk. Well, at least he's more interesting as a character than Eren or Mikasa.

Making a correction, here. Marco made it through the 'save Jean' scene alive. He died during the operation to kill the Titans remaining in Trost.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Usually the way it happens is that if it's a success, a second season that covers more material is greenlighted for a future time (the monogatari series, Railgun, or even Kaiji, to name a few recent ones).

Still hoping for the rest of Deadman Wonderland to get animated. :smith:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sankis posted:

So presumably the semicircle fortifications all around the outside of Maria are cities like Zhiganshina. Has there been any mention of what happened to them during the course of the show thus far? With how slow news is I can't imagine they were evacuated before the titans were surrounding them.

They were evacuated, presumably after horseback messengers fled from Zhiganshina. We haven't gotten any details on cities other than Zhiganshina, Trost, and the capitol, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Well, they are pretty amazing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

Not really. He's a pretty collected guy, but he hasn't really shown himself to be leader material, though he would probably be better than most of the recruits. I think Armin might actually be closer, among the recruits. He might not always be the calmest guy, but he's able to think when he needs to and can effectively break down a situation and make sense of information more quickly than others.

Erwin is the commander of the entire Scouting Legion.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Didn't he make a high school spinoff too?

I don't know if Isayama drew it, but yes, there is a high school spin-off.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You can still see it on her cheek in the latest episodes. It's usually partially obscured by her bangs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Well, they're complaining about their taxes being spent to send people to their horrible, violent deaths outside of the walls, and none of the expeditions have resulted in anything but more corpses.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

That's notcrying, that's her eyes oozing out of her sockets because Levi just jammed two swords literally up to the hilts into her eyeballs and all the fluid's leaking out.

It might not have been literal tears, but it was meant to show how defeated she felt right then, along with how she just slumps down and doesn't even bother trying to give chase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

A friend that thinks Gurren Lagaan and FLCL are garbage? Disown him right now.

• Locked thread