Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

That was a fantastic first episode, I can't wait to see the rest of the series adapted. Now to force convince all my friends to watch it too.

I really like how they did the animation/character designs, it all looked really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

That's linking to a 404 page for me. I'd LOVE for this to be true, though.

It's working for me, so it seems like it's legitimate. Does Funimation normally put out Blu-rays for any shows they stream, or are some shows streaming only? I mean, it's popular enough that I imagine it's a non-issue, but still.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kild posted:

Are they doing 1 chapter per episode?

Around, yeah.

This episode was parts of 8, and all of 7, for example.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mikasa's slightly changed appearance has already been flawlessly addressed.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Please stop arguing about my anime wife. None of you can possibly understand what she has been through, what she is still going through. My anime wife is flawless, her lips are pink and her eyes sparkle because she is a queen; the queen of my heart.

Her manga era eyes were just a phase. This is who she is now. Please respect her wishes and respect her as she changes on this journey through life and anime.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Affi posted:

Serious question. Who the heck is Ymir?

She's only appeared a couple of times. She's the girl with freckles who hangs around with Christa.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Affi posted:

:confused: Christa?

(drat I really need to rewatch the training episodes. I am usually pretty good at these things)

Tiny girl, gave Sasha food during the training arc. She's only shown up a couple of times since.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mikasa's speech was pretty bad though, the other trainees probably wouldn't have done anything if Jean (who is being setup as a leader), hadn't said his thing and gone after her first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The most likely scenario is that the anime will basically just end (most likely coinciding with the end of an arc), at which point you can switch over to the manga. It's also possible they'll come up with an anime original ending, at which point the last few episodes will diverge from the manga. Again, just ask where it diverges, and pick up the manga from there.

The manga is far enough that it won't catch up in 26 episodes.

• Locked thread