Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Then even better: backstory on the top 10 and all the major characters. That's got to beat least 12 episodes right?

That's only 11, but we can make it 12 if we give Hannes' backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

I imagine being the dude that has to scrape recruits off the walls of the training yard aint' the best gig.

...but at least its beat being eaten by giants :v:

"I want to join the Wallscraper Legion!"

I just assume it's Hannes' job, as part of fixing the walls.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

darkgray posted:

I guess ep 13 could have been pretty good, if it wasn't for the tragic lack of budget driving it into painful shots of nothing in certain sequences. :(

I thought it was fine. Things got accomplished. Though I don't feel good about The episode preview saying "13.5" instead of "14"

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

We also watched him get crushed in her hands. It's debatable, but I think its him rather than lady titan's blood.

We also watched Armin get swallowed by a titan, only for Eren to magically appear right there having grabbed him after all. So that might not be the best evidence.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

I dunno, I got exactly what was going on the first time I saw it and I haven't read the manga; the way the scene was presented, I caught onto the guy probably being dead, so upon seeing the reveal shot it was pretty easy to make sense of what I was seeing, but even if you miss that the context should make it obvious that, you know, she's performing CPR on a dead guy. Also, you mention "the original intention", but again, the shot of the girl obscuring where her boyfriend was split, so you just see his upper half and the fact that he doesn't have a lower one, was taken directly from the manga. Trying to find more info on it (can't find the link that was given here, and Googling anything about the series seems like a great way to get a face full of spoilers) apparently there is a follow-up shot of him just dead, so I was wrong there, but still. The entire scene is basically screaming "HE'S DEAD" from the start, what with Armin's reactions to it and such, and speaking as a person who is bad at picking up on things I don't know how people missed that. Honestly I thought the (relative, it was still really obvious) subtlety of not just giving us yet another dead body was pretty effective; the same point had been reached, and it didn't take another gore-shot (which the series honestly isn't shy about giving us, with how often people get splattered, have limbs bitten off, etc.) to do it. Hell, I have to conclude the opposite of what you say at the end; given what we do see compared to that scene, there's no reason to do it for anything except style, since it is far, far from the worst we get to blatantly watch happen before our eyes.

Though given that line at the end, I'm half-wondering if you, like the guy I was responding to, are thinking of Marco's death rather than Franz's, or are just completely shifting gears all of a sudden there.

"I caught on fine, therefore anyone who didn't is dumb and you're wrong."

This is you.

"I haven't read the manga, but I am still 100% certain of the way it was stylistically presented based on having seen one panel."

This is also you. The part where it's not showing that Franz is bisected is one page, clearly leading up to "money shot" and its aftermath. Which is just missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

I mean much as I'd love to take the time to detail why I don't like an awful show named Kill lA Kill, that really has nothing to do with awful reasons to not like Attack on Titan. There are some pretty okay reasons to not like it; its pacing is really bad in areas, it's not really as smart or clever as it wants you to think it is, the controversy over its author. But "giants shouldn't be the real bad guys" is a ridiculous non-reason.

• Locked thread