Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Well, that was a really nice episode. The brief shot of the river was lovely, and I can't believe I didn't notice the Barefoot Gen reference before now. The author's really nailing his colours to the mast there! On the other hand, at least we know what the anime-original ending will be: everyone dies!

Incidentally, I take it the distances between the walls in the eyecatch aren't in the manga? Not to :sperg: about it, but if they're right, assuming the city's a perfect circle (of course, it isn't), it's the size of Zambia...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Amstrad posted:

The eyecatches are recreations of similar infographics that are presented in the manga. Regarding the size+distances involved, if you look at the second eyecatch, you'll notice each layer of wall has four half-circle protuberances and you'll notice that when the city is shown from a distance it is also a half-circle... the implication should be obvious from there.

I realise it's bollocks, thanks, but I remember the diagrams from the manga so I'm asking if it's the manga writer's bollocks or the anime staff's.

ff7cid posted:

Another person checking in from the GBS Youtube thread and wow, that was really good. Tempted to read the manga now because I don't want to have to wait for another episode to find out more about this show.

You really should! The art might take some getting used to, but it's worth it.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Redcrimson posted:

Some of their more obscure shows get relegated to Stream-only, like Tatami Galaxy, but I seriously doubt Attack on Titan would not get a Blu-Ray release from them eventually if they do in fact have the license.

The Tatami Galaxy got a DVD release.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Uznare posted:

It didn't actually, at least not in a region Funimation actually matters in or I'd own like ten million copies of it by now.

Huh. I assumed a UK release automatically meant a series had a US release, but...

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

It's pretty hard to believe that this won't get licensed, it must be the biggest new series this season. I'd be equally surprised if AnimeonDemand license it, because they mostly seem to get CR's leftovers - in fact I don't think they've licensed anything this season.

Giant Enemy Cliche posted:

Oh man, they really did release it on DVD in the UK? picking that poo poo up asap.

Yes! Happy to help :):

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Which leads to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlNseP0AY4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Mikasa looks older, though I'm not sure if it's the eyes, lips, or shape of the face. She's only meant to be twelve or thirteen and seems a good few years older. The anime seems to be going for more cheerful and funny moments whenever it can (hardly ever) with this, the OP and Sasha's dinner.

On the other hand I'm liking pretty much everything else, especially slowing things down in episode 2 and giving the armoured titan his, er, due. I felt that sequence was skipped over a little compared to the skinless one kicking the first wall in, which was rather less monstrous in terms of its effects.

• Locked thread