Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vincent Valentine posted:

I was really hoping they would just call them "scouts" or something similar instead of Survey Corps or Scouting Legion or whatever. For a real world example, nobody says "United States Marine Corps" except in very formal situations. We call them "marines". But then again I guess everyone has an opinion on this and it kind of seems like the dumbest thing to argue about so jokes on me I guess.

Not sure if that's the best example since US describes the Marines' origin while the full Corp/Legion name specifies the section of the military it represents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pierson posted:

Having never seen Guilty Crown what was the problem? Awful source material or awful acting?

The worst source material in a long rear end time when it comes to train wrecks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Am I the only one that's a little bothered by how bright the lips of Mikasa and Ymir are?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Reminder that to Sasha, running 5 hours straight wasn't as big a deal until she was also told she was skipping dinner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Turn A posted:

This is the best one I've seen so far.

A total sham that it doesn't even have 500K views, it's easily the best one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

The JoJo one is extremely impressive because the footage isn't edited at all. It's literally the JoJo's opening with the music pasted on top and it still looks great.

So is the Gurren Lagann one. I was expecting even a little change.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bremen posted:

Anime only endings aren't always terrible. There was also Trigun. And... uh... I'm sure something will come to me.

Usagi Drop, thank god.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rexides posted:

By the way, is it just me, or did the animators revert Mikasa's face to her adolescent characteristics? I remember a lot of us had problems recognizing her during the training episode, but right now it seems to me that she looks more as when she was first introduced.

That episode was outsourced, if I remember reading it here correctly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also, wouldn't it count against the episode count and rush whatever ending they had planned?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Despite being and IGN video, most of the comments are of people recognizing that it came from Attack on Titan. I was expecting the classic bandwagon stupidity.

What the gently caress's the point of censoring the word and still having the annotations spell it out, uncensored?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

Now I just need a budget to afford all of this. :negative:

At least Funi will make it cheaper than say Sentai-works. Or whatever they're calling themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's like they just made the opening, then realized "oh poo poo, we have to put a full version out" and pasted some other song in the 2nd half.

• Locked thread