Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Someone in Japan had WAY too much time on their hands. As usual.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tatsujin posted:

A guy I know on IRC made this and it's been cracking me up all day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0eYJjsQB8U
"Dangit, Bobby"
Never expected beer drinking to be made badass.

Khagan posted:

This needs to be added to the thread title ASAP.
Agreed.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aureon posted:

A (not compresive) list of the new usage of the new Guile Theme:
:stare: :stare:
Sweet tap-dancing Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. I...I...wow.

That reminds me, when DOES the full version of this song come out?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Turn A posted:

Looks like this video has the full song.
That's just the OP version looped and edited to sound like a full song. I've stumbled on that one before. Thanks anyways.

Sometimes life just really does not want you to have fun. :negative:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Roflfox posted:

Things just shouldn't be allowed to be this funny, holy gently caress.

e:
I am genuinely amazed it took this long for that particular parody to emerge. And that's including the manga's run as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

njsykora posted:

A fan tweeted this to the magazine that publishes the manga, an idea for a headphone port cover.

I would buy the hell out of that.
I am throwing money at my computer screen, but nothing is happening. :(

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

lil baby anime posted:

This show is generating some of the funniest fanart.
Now if someone would explain why a good number of the fanart revolves around Mikasa Ackerman and Misaka Mikoto. There's a 2ch joke that I missed, right?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Burning Shounen Spirit or not, slitting a complete stranger's throat open and then calmly shutting the door with a "loving bring it" expression rings like, ALL, the early warning bells for a severe psychopath :stare:
I swear, Sigmund Freud would have a goddamn field day analyzing characters in this series. Hell, the top 10 from the 104th + Ymir and Armin alone would be goldmines.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Gyges posted:

Just remember not to let one fact be lost in your reaction to Eren's work with the knife of justice. Eren tracked these dudes down through a forest in the time it took for his dad to go get the cops and come back. So he's not just a child killer following the commands from the voices to wipe out evil. He's also a skilled tracker, for evil will not escape him no matter what it's form.

Wonder if he just kept repeating the Red Lantern's Oath as he trudged through the woods on their trail.

As crazy as this show is, Red Lantern Eren would be a little TOO much for this series. Mostly the whole "spewing blood from the mouth" part that comes with being a Red Lantern. I'd be laughing too much at that to pay attention to Eren murdering human traffickers.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

tiistai posted:

I just had to touch it up a bit.

:golfclap:
Excellent.

You know, that works. Somehow. It's the Walken effect, that's how I'm justifying it.

And to think "Weapon of Choice" is how life decided to introduce me to Christopher Walken.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

What about the kid that was Eren's rival for a while that didn't make it to the top 10?
Jean? He placed 6th overall, so he's in the top 10.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, Misaka has a completely plausible body weight for a 5'7" woman built like a MMA fighter? What black sorcery is this?
Author appeal. Plain and simple.

Also...man, Christa and Annie are tiny. Christa, I sort of understand, but I could have sworn Annie was a little taller than 5 feet (like around 5'2").

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, random question not directly related to the episode: When does an OST come out for this show? Seriously, the opening (hurry the gently caress up July 10th release date for the full song! :argh:) is not just the only good piece of music in this show. Also, who was the composer for the show again? Because he or she is loving great with music choices for this show.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excellent. Guess I'll pay attention to cons later this year to see if Funi drops a con-exclusive early release. Also glad to see that someone picked up the original manga as well.

Now I just need a budget to afford all of this. :negative:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

What's funnier is that the Mikasa idol outfit comes from, yet again, official drawings by the manga creator. Can't seem to find said image, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheWorstSwordsman posted:

Armin's face really cracks me up here. :allears:
It really does sell the scene. Eren wakes up, and mutters that he's going to kill everyone. Right in front of his best friend while having the most insane look on his face.

Armin has had some of the best facial expressions so far, and they all help sell the scenes they're in.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Sasha, much like Toriko, represents the Goons With Chickencheese demographic.

Pixv lists this as Sasha Browse cosplay. I'm not kidding.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Comrade Question posted:

The OST will be released on June 28, here's a preview. Fair warning though, I have no idea if there are spoilers in there for those of you who can read the track names that are in Japanese. There's basically no track on this that I don't love so far.
Hiroyuki Sawano is slowly becoming my new favorite composer. Granted, he seems to have traded the epic orchestras for a little more rock and vocals compared to Gundam Unicorn's OST (or at least, I'm noticing more rock/vocals than orchestra), but goddamn, does this man know how do make epic music.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

a kitten posted:

Voice actress Yui Ishikawa, who plays the role of Mikasa in the Attack on Titan television anime series, posted a photo to her blog on Tuesday of herself and a rubber keychain version of Mikasa.
Clearly the Mikasa keychain has figured out at least 10 different plans of getting out of this mess. That's a face of someone who's about to wreck everything.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Poniard posted:

That is what is in the basement.
Wait. Doesn't that user also cosplay Deadpool?

My God. The basement is a portal to Earth-616.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

If you thought The Titans invading your town was horrible, well I have bad news for you.

Welp. Pack it up folks. Not even Eren's furious anger can stop the Ide.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

Spoilers as in lyrics about future episodes? Cause the song names are all gibberish. Just look at this: 09. 凸】♀】♂】←巨人 What does this even mean???
It's...a Sawano thing, apparently. He does stuff like that, putting in weird codes to cover up the full name of the track or using odd names for something simple (e.g., Track 3 is listed as "eye-water", translates to "Tears"). Gundam Unicorn is the one time he DOESN'T do that for OST track names, probably because Sunrise/Bandai are reigning in that quirk of his. Granted, Attack on Titan is the only other work of Sawano's I've been exposed to aside from Unicorn. I honestly have no idea how he handled the naming for Guilty Crown or Blue Exorcist's OSTs. But, given that Gundam Unicorn is the one exception in Sawano's discography from what I hear, expect weird namings there as well.

As for the translation, it's this: Wall Sina】 Rose】 Maria】 ←Titan. How you get "Maria" from the male symbol is beyond my comprehension. :psyduck: And yes, that is one of the few track translations without massive future spoilers in them.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sylphid posted:

And now with a great episode 13 I'm all caught up. I'm a little confused what 14 will be about, but I suppose I'll find out in good time. Presumably the next big arc of the story will be recovering Wall Maria up to the district where Eren's house used to be, but if Trost was as big of a deal as it was, recovering that amount of territory is going to be a real pain. Can't wait.

And yeah, if you listen closely to the songs, you can definitely tell in some of them when one tune ends and the other begins.
Well, the preview listed the next episode as "13.5", and it's been confirmed that we're getting a recap episode. But, from the previews, it looks like development for the characters or at least a focus on the cadets from the 104th. Basically, we might get a Rashomon-style recap episode. Every cadet gets a few words from their perspective while recapping the Trost events for latecomers and moving the story forward a little bit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Harettazetta posted:

I loved Armin holding Mikasa back.

"Wait! This person beating the poo poo out of our friend might be on to something!"
I personally love that Armin thought he could physically restrain Mikasa.

Armin, Mikasa can benchpress you with just her pinky finger, you only succeeded in restraining her because the two of you were in a courtroom.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Taser Gator posted:

1 more crazy speculation: In the first episode a bunch of men are riding on horses fighting a titan. One of them looks like the drill instructor but younger and the other looks like Irvin (scout leader) but the same as he does now. Mike, that guy who sniffs people, says Irvin doesn't have a scent. I'm thinking Irvin is an android.
I think it's less about being an android as Mike saying he can't get a read on Irvin's behavior. Take it from this angle: nearly everyone in the show has some characteristic that you could theoretically recognize, or in Mike's case, sniff out. Eren wants to kill all Titans in about 50 Shades of Sociopath, Hanji is crazy-obsessed with Titan physiology to the point she can drone on and on about theories and experiments, Sasha can't go 2 minutes without eating something, and so on. The line right before the scent comment, Mike asks Irvin to drop his serious "mask" and talk to him normally, without hiding anything. Mike's basically stating that his commander has one of the best poker faces out there and is impossible to figure out, be it through sight or smell. Nothing to do with being an android or anything, just that Mike is letting us know that Irvin is the last person you'd expect to openly express themselves in a unique fashion like Eren does, for example.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Apparently, there's an otome game based on the show featuring genderswapped characters.

I...I got nothing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

arhra posted:

Oh, and they've already hinted at a Nendoroid Mikasa:

And a Nendoroid Colossal Titan, it seems. Wonder if we'll see Nendoroids of other Titans as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Looks like we might get an Eren Nendoroid down the line.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

You'd be amazed at how many people have made that mistake, myself included.

Not to mention how much Japan has jumped on the similarity in their names.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Why is Mikasa shoving her hand up her skirt? :stare:
Because :japan:

Or she's being conscious about the skirt length and trying to pull it down. Whichever reason works for you.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

On a slightly different topic,

Images for an upcoming webgame based on the series. I've had no real luck tracking down further information on it, sadly. The outfits alone give me the impression it's going to be either some fantasy-inspired game, or a weird alternate universe game. Or these images are just simple alternate outfits for characters that you can unlock/buy in-game/will be DLC.

There's also a 3DS game coming out as well from Chunsoft. Haven't been able to find out any information on the 3DS game beyond who's making it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The gallows humor this series manages to produce will always amaze me.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Got some more information on the webgame I mentioned a few days ago. You can actually join the closed beta through NicoNico Douga (for the NicoNico version; seems like there will be different versions). The beta starts on August 20th and there are a few prizes for joining early.

Some screens showing off the interface, which looks like a...card game/RPGish game? I like Sasha's outfit, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Actually, no it doesn't. Because I want to see an Attack on Titan beach episode.
Calling it now: that's going to be a DVD/BD extra down the line.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Someone wasted a good banana.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Yes, and the show is rapidly catching up to the manga and Zorak enforces the no manga spoilers rule with an iron fist.

Also I'd love to know which :asoiaf: moment they use as a season cliffhanger. :allears:
All I know is, the cliffhanger ending MUST be a smash-cut to black. No special ending with dialogue over the ED song. Straight smash-cut-->ED song with the regular ED animation-->The End.

It's the only way to keep up the suspense.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I always knew Ronald McDonald wasn't human. Wasn't expecting him to be a Titan, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

bondster posted:

So the final episode will air on September 28th in Japan, and also they are going to screen it in theaters hours before it hits television.
My gut says that this is going to blow up in their faces. Mostly for internet leaks and spoilers coming out before the episode hits the TV stations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Denim Avenger posted:

I don't see it, we already have all the spoilers you need from the Manga already, all that will come out of it at worst will be some lovely recordings of the episode a bit before it airs.
Eh, maybe I'm just betting on the worst case scenario. There are worse things that could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I was going to make a Spaceballs joke, but even the Titans would probably go :ughh: at this.

Hell, I was expecting the perfume bottle to LOOK like the Colossal Titan before clicking the link.

• Locked thread