Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So has the dad been coming back to visit Eren, or not? The dream sequence didn't make that entirely clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

And that's sort of the fun thing with Eren, is that he's a hot blooded protagonist but it really doesn't get him that far. He actually has to hit his head against a problem and get better at something over time by just working really hard, this is a show that really never hands anyone a Win Button, because Win Buttons just make you cocky, and cockiness gets you loving eaten.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Devil Tesla posted:

Is there anyone who wouldn't be willing to wait a week longer for new episodes, to make sure they are done right?

Angry nerds on the internet.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

for those that have seen the Raw, does this weeks episode follow up on Eren and Armin at all?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

MadHat posted:

Going laugh if they pace the Anime in such a way as to not get to the events we think they will in Episode 7.

This is the Endless Eight of Shounen Anime.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also a few scenes of the talking/non-action moments are beautifully redrawn from a different angle.

The badges also change per episode.

(I loved Endless Eight :colbert: )

Endless Eight was an amazing look into how to just, loving break the hardcore fans of an anime. It was beautiful, I loved every minute of it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Isn't the new episode today? Man I'm so excited for this episode.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Yeah, this is loving amazing. I'm flabbergasted at how well they pulled that off, I was GIDDY with how well that scene played out.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

They're clearly adapting because the stillframe shots seem a little more deliberate and touched-up, so they're moving the priorities around.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Pomegranate is a reference to a buddhist story about a giant that learned to eat Pomegranates instead of people. It's a direct reference to the Angry Titan that doesn't eat people, but it's also a paralell to the small blade. Both Mikasa and Armin are seeing the small blade as a means by which to abandon all hope to the cruelty of the world, Armin through suicide and Mikasa by just plowing through it swinging. The Pomegranate is supposed to be 'another path' to survive, hope, basically.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

But imagine if in like 10 episodes they have Titans with 3D Maneuver gear being launched from the center of the city like Gundams.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I liked the pomegranate thing. In fact this adaptation has been a lot kinder to Mikasa I feel.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

We're talking about any titan that seems to move with a logic and purpose to its movements. The Angry Titan putting up its dukes to assume a fighting stance last episode was clearly a movement that shows some sort of intelligence, so was the Colossal Titan taking a swing at the armaments at the wall or the Armored Titan shoulder-loving the gate into the wall. These are all actions that have nothing to do with just eating people, and imply some sort of larger awareness.

This implies that not all titans are sentient, but there seems to be a class of titans that ARE. Those are the three options that stand out to be the most obvious, we may have seen other titans so far that deviate from simply 'abnormal' titans but none come to mind immediately.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I really, really dislike that guy with the beard who looks loving tired all the time. Although I guess I'm supposed to.

• Locked thread