Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Didn't you say that sometimes people confuse your goats and sheep for dogs at shows? Please take the lovely little spotted lambs out and tell people they're dalmatians.

Hooray for new critters! I love your photos and descriptions of each sheep and goat that has been bred. I also love your yarn, and curse you for tempting me with it. What does Major think of new babies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Baaaaaaybee animals. I like that brown one, he looks like he was covered in chocolate curls. Do you ever tell kids that brown goats/cows/dairy animals make chocolate milk?

Good job, Jazz!

What do the mother goats/sheep think of you when the baby arrives? Does it differ depending on their personality, or do they have a threshold of handling they allow before shoving you out?

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Endless :3: on these farmlands. If I had to learn how to walk within hours of being born, I'd want a nap too!

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Learning about why sheep tails get docked is fascinating. I'd suffer getting my tail clipped too if it meant flies wouldn't literally eat me.

The chalk markings are a ingenious way of tracking what rams have been with what ewes. Also, sheep with chalk on their rumps makes me laugh.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Please tell me Opal got blue smudgies from snuggling Pearl. :3:

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
How do you halter train? Just slap the halter on and let them gnash their teeth until they're used to it, and then teach them to walk on leads?

I love that a bear is no big thing. How would they fare against other predators, like a wolf? Do these more primitive sheep breeds have more "fight" in them, or do they still largely depend on you for predator protection?

Deely boppers :3:

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
^ Maybe they asked her a tough question so she'd tilt her head to one side as she walked forward?

Hermes is GORGEOUS. :swoon:

Please never stop sharing stories about your livestocks and your Majors, and thanks to everyone else who has jumped in with pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012

655321 posted:

it's really kind of fun to imagine trying to smuggle those wooly monsters onto a trans-Atlantic private charter flight

I'm imagining one of these sheep in a plaid scarf and a traveling hat with a train schedule stuck on its horn. :3:

• Locked thread