Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Idol No More
Mar 1, 2013

Yes, I will. Used a gift card.

A little background...

In my city there is a market. Within this market is a park. All the miscreants hang out there...

In my journeys around the city I met I. He's a dude with a big rear end dog who is consistently drunk in or around the park.

I met him through my brother and whenever I was in a certain area of the city, i'd stop in there to have a beer with him and his dog.

Once he was very physical with his girlfriend and I had to put him down.

----
jump forward to this year
----

I met R at I's GF's place.
He was destined to sleep on the floor there for months. I was in a good mood and offered him a place to stay at my place til he got himself together and on his feet (job/housing).

R has always been in with MCs and has jumped from one to another despite my taking him in and showing him how getting a job/a girl/a home can add stability to his life.

He took to it very well initially. He got a job, got a girl, and housing.

Cut to recently, we go to a concert together and end up back at I's after. He mentions to I how he was jumped and lost his rent money

I gives him 180 and says "pay me back 200".

After a while of R not paying(he refused to pay back someone who beats on his girlfriend), I goes to R's workplace...

I get a phonecall from R saying he's "got people comin to take care of I" etc..

I warn I and his GF and they don't take it seriously...

Cut to last Friday, R shows up at my door.

Hugs me, cries, tells me all kinds of things he's done, each of which warrants a life sentence
and reveals that he actually did have people come beat the poo poo out of I.

tl;dr

I took in an outlaw, tried to get him straight. He got so close before relapsing hardcore and is close to joining one of the 'worst' MCs.
He cried, he knows what he's doing is wrong.

I've done my best and if anyone's gone through this, advice is very welcome.

I want to save my friend R from doing really stupid poo poo. He is way younger than me and sees an outlaw lifestyle as glamorous.
Like I have said, he came and cried about things he'd done recently. I know he doesn't want his life to be where it is and I feel he's stuck and I'm stuck when it comes to trying to help. I've done all I can.

Or have I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.

Ahhhh can you please substitute the initials with fake names? When you use "I" as an initial it is really hard to make sense of things.

Idol No More posted:

Also after reading that I read the rest of your post in a Gollum voice.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Idol No More posted:

In my journeys around the city I met I. He's a dude with a big rear end dog who is consistently drunk in or around the park.
I met him through my brother and whenever I was in a certain area of the city, i'd stop in there to have a beer with him and his dog.
----
jump forward to this year
----
I met R at I's GF's place.
He was destined to sleep on the floor there for months. I was in a good mood and offered him a place to stay at my place til he got himself together and on his feet (job/housing).
R has always been in with MCs and has jumped from one to another despite my taking him in and showing him how getting a job/a girl/a home can add stability to his life.
He took to it very well initially. He got a job, got a girl, and housing.
Cut to recently, we go to a concert together and end up back at I's after. He mentions to I how he was jumped and lost his rent money
After a while of R not paying(he refused to pay back someone who beats on his girlfriend), I goes to R's workplace...
I get a phonecall from R saying he's "got people comin to take care of I" etc..
I warn I and his GF and they don't take it seriously...

You really couldn't give this dude any other initial than I? You couldn't call him Isaac or Isaiah or something? Other than the fact that this almost reads like a word problem, I don't know what to tell you. The dude sounds like he knows he hosed up, but why borrow the money if he wasn't going to pay it back on principle? I don't know how severe this dude's actions were but if you're omitting details in order to not be involved legally or incriminate this guy, you might think about staying out of it altogether. Maybe the guys taking care of I just had a nice lunch with him and sorted things out, who knows. I don't think there's much you can do aside from trying to convince this guy he can still turn his life around, since everything has already been done.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

everyone knows that you are fucked up.
and everyone knows that i am fucked up.
but does everyone know that you are more fucked up than me

Hey, your thread is incredibly confusing. Consider proofreading and editing.

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo

quote:

I don't get this, do you mean he was physically abusive and you had to beat him up? If so, good job.

Or that he was "getting physical" () and you stopped him? If this is the case: redefining cockblock.

EDIT:

quote:

I took in an outlaw, tried to get him straight. He got so close before relapsing hardcore and is close to joining one of the 'worst' MCs.

I also hope by MC you mean one of those 5% Motorcycle Clubs that work like gangs/mobs, not a rapper.

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

I felt like I was having a stroke trying to read this till the TLDR part.

Advice: This sounds like a lot of drama just waiting to happen. I wouldn't get involved because I'd be constantly worried about the police coming to me when he's done something illegal and blaming me for not reporting things that have happened.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007

King Kong of Megadongs

Gobblin' them mega schlongs

Makin' sure they mega long

Stroke 'em if they mega strong

This reads like you live in Jamaica. You live in Jamaica and get in rasta fights about scooters. Your post is dog poo poo.

Volume
May 2, 2008

Now I don't know how you guys do it but when I'm in my underwear I like to have a good time.

Trouble Man posted:

This reads like you live in Jamaica. You live in Jamaica and get in rasta fights about scooters. Your post is dog poo poo.

I am so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. The Jamaica part I mean. I know everyone else thinks the OP is dog poo poo.

Anywho, I'm gonna go with a pretty simple answer of "Not your problem don't make it your problem." You're welcome, OP.

Idol No More
Mar 1, 2013

amishsexpot posted:

Ahhhh can you please substitute the initials with fake names? When you use "I" as an initial it is really hard to make sense of things.

Also after reading that I read the rest of your post in a Gollum voice.

Sorry, the elven rope burns us, master

Idol No More
Mar 1, 2013

KaosPV posted:

I don't get this, do you mean he was physically abusive and you had to beat him up? If so, good job.

Or that he was "getting physical" () and you stopped him? If this is the case: redefining cockblock.

EDIT:

I also hope by MC you mean one of those 5% Motorcycle Clubs that work like gangs/mobs, not a rapper.

Actually there are guns and robberies involved., 1%, no shindizzle

Idol No More
Mar 1, 2013

sorry, my friend is a crazy gently caress who wants to join a giant MC>
I want to continue to help him get his life better together

Idol No More
Mar 1, 2013

Trouble Man posted:

Canada. But a lot of dogs here are poo poo

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

I doesn't understand anything of what you are trying to say.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

quote:

After a while of R not paying(he refused to pay back someone who beats on his girlfriend)

Wait, so did ya beat up his girlfriend, or yours? And why?

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Don't get involved, it will only end badly.

Squalitude
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Well, do you want him?

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Shits getting double real, eh?

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

So R just had a guy beat up for lending him money, why would you put yourself in the same position by helping him? Stop hanging out with toxic people. And don't use initials in your stories, WTF is an MC?

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

runny nose

Maybe I need more coffee to get SomethingAwful to make sense this morning.

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012

Idol No More posted:

I've done my best and if anyone's gone through this, advice is very welcome.

I don't have any advice, because I haven't gone through being a retard.

Here's a tip though: aiding a criminal on the run is a serious criminal offense itself. You're about to get robbed by a person that you can't turn in to the cops, because doing so reveals your own crimes. Tread carefully I guess.

Unicorncupcake
Sep 13, 2011

In America at least, doesn't knowing about a crime and not reporting it to the police make you an accessory after the fact? It's possible (probable) that by "helping" this guy and also having him tell you about all the criminal things he's doing, you are setting yourself up for actual factual legal repercussions when your dumb rear end friend gets caught for whatever dumb rear end poo poo he's pulling. Just back away from this guy slowly. Don't get involved, don't talk about him to other people, don't have a big blowout confrontation with him, just fade gently out of his life with as little fuss as possible.

Abandon All Hope
Apr 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stop watching so much television.

Davealicious
May 8, 2007

What's a MC? Also, your post makes my brain hurt.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Idol No More posted:

I'd recommend MC 900 Ft Jesus, he's the biggest MC around.

Sealicorn
Mar 8, 2007

Feed me that fish!
I'll grant a wish.

"Who's on first?"

"I's on first."

"You mean you are?"

"No, no, not R. I is."

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE

Idol No More posted:

I want to continue to help him get his life better together

Are you hooked on phonics?

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

So... you're not going to edit your post to make it more readable, then?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

"What you be askin' me darlin'? Eye and eye see many 'tings."

You were drunk as hell when you posted this right?

In any case, it would be best not to dedicate your entire self to this. You've already tried to get him out, and you voiced your concern. It's on him now.

waste of internet
Sep 13, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Typical E/N grammar nazis. It's not that complicated. Here's the breakdown...

1) Downtown park be da place badmen go.
2) Met rudeboy in de park.
3) Dog be chillin wit de rudeboy.
4) Rude boysa bum n rash on floor.
5) Rude boy get poped by dem nasty men.
6) Rude boy haffi take a life.
7) Babylon commin.

Warsteiner
Jan 14, 2006

waste of internet posted:

7) Babylon commin.

I bet the OP is from the east coast. Your breakdown is probably accurate but not "newfie" enough.

TemetNosceXVIcubus
Sep 8, 2011

by Pipski

waste of internet posted:

7) Babylon commin.

I prefer your thread Man. My advice is to get some sweet Georgia brown down in them motherfuckers and find yourself a swinging pad to chill out in.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

a sense of growing unease...

If R from GF's place is B&E to A&B over 180 to I and wants to join an MC to avoid LWP then I say I and you need to GTFO before you wake up DOA. Also, consider SSRIs from a PsyD. hth.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

outlaw life

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

Idol No More posted:

Wait, so did you put the guy down, or your brother down, or the dog down? Did "I" meet his dog through your brother?? His girlfriend through your brother???

Either you're a troll or on drugs or insane, no one is going to give you any advice until you clean up your post and substitute in fake names instead of initials so it's actually readable.

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

KaosPV posted:

5% Motorcycle Clubs

The long promised negative effect of bond vigilantes has finally been spotted.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.

I've been F5ing this thread like crazy just to find out what MC means. I NEED to know this. I tried googling it and got nothing that fits. WHAT does it mean!??!?!

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Motorcycle club

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.

Ok, I read the part where you suggested it, but still... They really call themselves that?? I always thought of "motorcycle clubs" as being the old fat guys who drive down American's highways waving American flags, support the troops, who don't want to be associated with bikers who peddle meth, start fights, etc... or whatever it is that bikers do.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Mcdonalds Crew. These are high school kids working fast food, as you can tell by the grammar and drama involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

Wizard Whateley posted:

Ok, I read the part where you suggested it, but still... They really call themselves that?? I always thought of "motorcycle clubs" as being the old fat guys who drive down American's highways waving American flags, support the troops, who don't want to be associated with bikers who peddle meth, start fights, etc... or whatever it is that bikers do.

That's why the bad boys are called 1%ers (not 5%), because they are not representative.

«2 »