Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Rain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Nyxyxylyth posted:

Did you initialize the USB stick on the XBox?

I did, and copied my A/V settings and TU5 to it. Windows Explorer sees that there's Xbox 360 data on it, but Modio won't.

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 22, 2013

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

JoeRules posted:

I did, and copied my A/V settings and TU5 to it. Windows Explorer sees that there's Xbox 360 data on it, but Modio won't.

Use Party Buffalo.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Nailed it. Rain coming to your xbox. But in hindsight that was way too easy. :cheeky:

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

Orgophlax posted:

Use Party Buffalo.

This worked perfectly.

However, after testing the custom songs, all my RBN tracks show as "DEMO" on the artwork. Is this a sign that I need to a license transfer, or is this normal? Yeah, this is definitely a license transfer issue.

Also, the game prompted me to re-do A/V settings - is there a way to tell RB3 to load the ones on my USB drive, or did I do something wrong?

JoeRules fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 23, 2013

Streets Ahead
Oct 21, 2010

cool cool cool

Orange Harrison posted:

Nailed it. Rain coming to your xbox. But in hindsight that was way too easy. :cheeky:

I would like to use this post to say that I am in love with you. Rain is probably the number one song I wanted in Beatles Rock Band that didn't make the cut and I am so excited that I'll be able to play it sometime in the future.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I finally got around to getting customs to work, and it's amazing work all around. The fact that I can basically just bring up a thumb drive to a friend's place and almost plug and play it is awesome. And seeing as I started the whole plastic instruments genre with Guitar Hero 3, it's even better that I can get some of my favorite songs from there into Rock Band.

Also, Time and Stairway to Heaven. :2bong:

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
You guys are seriously making me consider picking up a 360 just so I can have the custom songs for vocals. But then I'd have it on a different console than all my DLC... :(

Nyxyxylyth
Apr 4, 2013

Quinctia posted:

You guys are seriously making me consider picking up a 360 just so I can have the custom songs for vocals. But then I'd have it on a different console than all my DLC... :(
What song would push you over the edge?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The T posted:

So I lied! And also figured out a solution of sorts.

First; from what I can tell there is a limit of 256 files in a given folder in the USB programs that I've tried. This limit does not exist on the console itself. This method of renaming the folders doesn't really change that; the reason I thought it did was because I missed a bunch of files adding my second time through.

So my solution is to leave the big USB stick on the 360 at all times, and have a smaller one to load up with new stuff, then copy it over on the 360. Dumb, but it works!
For some reason, I've injected about 370 files now and have yet to encounter this issue. Anyone know why that might be? I'd like to help people out, but I'm not sure what I'm actually doing differently that's allowing me to sidestep the issue.

I've been injecting via Party Buffalo this entire time, into the same original save folder. The songs all show up in the Xbox storage menu in the dashboard. If I load up Rock Band with my regular save and then reboot with my customs save, my in-game song library increases by 370+, just like it should. Any ideas?

I've seen this issue reported on multiple forums, so it seems pretty widespread.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nyxyxylyth posted:

Flagpole Sitta would push me over many edges.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I feel the same about Separate Ways (Worlds Apart).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

I can't agree more, but out of all the friends I've had over to play Rock Band, maybe because we're all 90s kids, Flagpole Sitta is the most glaring omission. Really, Harmonix has been great to us with all the 90s one-hit wonders and all.

AeolisCams
Jun 5, 2004
That Other Fat Guy

zimbomonkey posted:

If this isn't charted by this summer, I've vowed to do it myself as a summer project. I'm a G/B/V player and I have a drummer who's willing to take a spin on my e-kit to lay down a baseline we can go back and clean up with a fine-tooth comb. I've always admired custom chart creators and damnit if Harmonix isn't going to release this song someone should.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

AeolisCams posted:

If this isn't charted by this summer, I've vowed to do it myself as a summer project. I'm a G/B/V player and I have a drummer who's willing to take a spin on my e-kit to lay down a baseline we can go back and clean up with a fine-tooth comb. I've always admired custom chart creators and damnit if Harmonix isn't going to release this song someone should.

A little birdie told me to tell you not to worry about charting Seperate Ways yourself.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Late but holy poo poo it took the death of Rock Band to get some Alkaline Trio in.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Nyxyxylyth posted:

A few. Off the top of my head, Bon Jovi "Keep the Faith," Pat Benatar "Hell is for Children," or literally anything off of Live's The Distance to Here album.

I haven't checked out any list of available customs because that's a great way to give into stupid temptation, so watch all of these songs be available already!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Dr Zaius posted:

A little birdie told me to tell you not to worry about charting Seperate Ways yourself.

You've made me the happiest girl at the dance.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The only 2 I'd really like to see yet are "Centerfield" by John Fogarty and "The Breakup Song" by The Greg Kihn Band.

Nyxyxylyth
Apr 4, 2013

Quinctia posted:

A few. Off the top of my head, Bon Jovi "Keep the Faith," Pat Benatar "Hell is for Children," or literally anything off of Live's The Distance to Here album.

I haven't checked out any list of available customs because that's a great way to give into stupid temptation, so watch all of these songs be available already!
They aren't available already, but I'm in for "Hell is for Children". Late summer, give or take.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Things that pain me are not in Rock Band:

Bush - Swallowed (also Glycerine)
Sponge - Wax Ecstatic
Hum - Stars
Better than Ezra - Good
Republica - Drop Dead Gorgeous (also Ready to Go)
Semisonic - Closing Time
Cardigans - Lovefool
The Outfield - Your Love
Prince - I Would Die 4 U (and more Prince, so much more Prince)

Finch, Our Lady Peace, Brand New, Stars, Motion City Soundtrack would be nice, too :3:

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 24, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Most wanted: More Airbourne, Steel Panther and Austrian Death Machine :getin:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It wouldn't be my first choice but Ben Folds released a version of Way to Normal with a second disc containing all the stems from the original recordings...

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I would kill for Chairlift, Fleet Foxes, Screaming Females, and more Mastodon.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
See what you have done to this thread Nyxyxylyth?

I could list every artist in my library, but someone please make Quicksand's "A landmine spring" happen, turns out I'm way to lazy to do it myself. (or maybe I'm waiting for creators.rockband.com to be up again).

I wonder if RBN will be a thing again when/if creators goes back up, they were still releasing some fun songs (for me Terror and Dillinger) once every few weeks before creators went down.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Douwe posted:

I wonder if RBN will be a thing again when/if creators goes back up, they were still releasing some fun songs (for me Terror and Dillinger) once every few weeks before creators went down.

I have one more Dance for the Dying song ("Ophelia") that I'd rather release through RBN than through C3.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Dr Zaius posted:

The Simpsons said it best. I love you Dr. Zaius!

Seriously though, there's a couple artists/groups that I hoped would get the Rock Band treatment but didn't, or are missing a track or two that I'd love to see. Except I can't actually think of them off hand mostly because it's been ages since I played RB at all. Hell, I mostly just played the Guitar charts when I did because I mostly played (the good) Guitar Hero games and actually played Guitar Freaks (Konami's Guitar Game, along with it's Drum counterpart: Drum Mania) way back before GH was a thing (and still do every now and then) and whenever I played Drum Mania (and still do when I try/play), my arms got way too tired too fast and I still can't handle separating arm and leg movement for the Bass Pedal properly. :sigh:

But yeah, if only I actually had more room for all the instruments and people to play it with, I'd pick up Rock Band again. Especially with the GH Conversions and the customs.

AeolisCams
Jun 5, 2004
That Other Fat Guy

Dr Zaius posted:

Looks like my summer just freed up. I'll have to think of another song to pore over. Is there a list of songs-in-progress? Preferably not on ScoreHero, because for some reason it always says I am banned but I've never posted there.

Edit: Alright, new song. "Double Vision" by Foreigner.

AeolisCams fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 25, 2013

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AeolisCams posted:

Edit: Alright, new song. "Double Vision" by Foreigner.

Already in GH: Van Halen, which means it's in line for a conversion. Though they haven't actually gotten to that game yet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah they have, just not all of it. GH6 hasn't been done because the 360 audio hasn't been cracked yet.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Nyxyxylyth posted:

They aren't available already, but I'm in for "Hell is for Children". Late summer, give or take.

Yay! It's got a great guitar solo, too, though I don't know if I need to be buying plastic instruments for a second console.

And, IF anyone randomly decided they'd want to try anything off that Live album, I do have the guitar book for it. Wouldn't help on bass line or drum stuff, but it's got everything for vocals, guitar, and the harpsichord solo in The Distance.

Between the harmonies project, more Beatles, and Guitar Hero stuff, though...I'm going to keep my eyes open for a 360.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Below are the 4/26 CCC releases, also known as "Oh poo poo, We Really Have To Do This Every Week?" Mega props to Orange Harrison!
  • The Beatles - "This Boy" (Orange Harrison)
  • Dusty Springfield - "Son of a Preacher Man" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Mizuki Nana - "Innocent Starter" (LyokoFreaks)
  • Santo & Johnny - "Sleep Walk" (Orange Harrison)
Full copy for the release is available on the blog, as usual.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

pksage posted:

Oh poo poo, We Really Have To Do This Every Week?

The Horror of Harmonix

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

Below are the 4/26 CCC releases, also known as "Oh poo poo, We Really Have To Do This Every Week?" Mega props to Orange Harrison!

Now that you incorporated the customs made by GHtoRB3, why not mention and include their weekly releases?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Douwe posted:

Now that you incorporated the customs made by GHtoRB3, why not mention and include their weekly releases?

Unless I missed something, there were no new releases this week. Last week's songs were all released last Friday.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

Unless I missed something, there were no new releases this week. Last week's songs were all released last Friday.

You are correct; I appear to be confusing my sources. Other songs were released this week, but elsewhere.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

pksage posted:

I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to use customs, but I have to say that it's awesome to continue having new tracks to read about every Friday, so thanks for doing these writeups!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DancinBrud posted:

I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to use customs, but I have to say that it's awesome to continue having new tracks to read about every Friday, so thanks for doing these writeups!

I just did it earlier this week and it's easy as pie. Basically, format a thumb drive with the Xbox, copy your cache file to it, inject the Title Update 4, and the songs, and you're done. That's the really simplified version though.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

pksage posted:

I'm really honored to be able to contribute and I swear to god I'll join your forums once I'm done dealing with collections officers/being in the hospital/moving to Kent/going slightly mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Orange Harrison posted:

I'm really honored to be able to contribute and I swear to god I'll join your forums once I'm done dealing with collections officers/being in the hospital/moving to Kent/going slightly mad.

Sort of off-topic, but is that Kent, England?

• Locked thread