Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, I just wanted to not insult your work. Especially when it's at no charge, that would really be looking the gifthorse in the mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Twelve great songs, first-time artists, ZEP AND RADIOHEAD, and all multitracks.

I need a cigarette, and I don't even smoke. You guys are the best!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

The T posted:

I don't know the full context of any of it but John T. Drake said "People writing that "HARMONIX IS BRINGING ROCK BAND BACK" as a takeaway from this talk are pretty willfully misrepresenting what was said." so take that how you will.

EDIT: ugh my typo vv ugh

It could mean we're getting another Rock Band Blitz type game. I highly doubt anyone wants to buy a whole set of plastic instruments all over again.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Binowru posted:

It could mean we're getting another Rock Band Blitz type game. I highly doubt anyone wants to buy a whole set of plastic instruments all over again.

I do. My old ones are getting beat up.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't think this was posted here yet. A song and a pack are going away this month

quote:

***4/4 EDIT***

Unfortunately it turns out that we do have two updates to make regarding this wave of re licensing after all.

Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" will be coming out of the DLC store on 4/30. We know, definitely a bummer. But on the other hand, literally everyone in the world should already own this song! It's one of the most popular tracks in RB, and is absolutely essential in an RB party setting. And it's only $1. And remember, if you've already bought "Don't Stop Believing" then you won't be affected by this change at all.

Additionally, after 5 years of availability the 20 Free DLC offer from Rock Band 2 has expired, and the redemption page is no longer live. As with other previously purchased / downloaded content, if you already have these tracks then nothing changes for you.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Some excellent choices this week. Can't play it now, but I'll have to give them a play when I get back from Boston.

Also, I just stopped in to check out Rock Band freeplay section at PAX East a little while ago, and overheard a couple of guys in front of me specifically namedrop Orange Harrion, one of which mentioned meeting him at PAX Prime and saying "you're doing God's work." Glad to see you guys really make a name for yourselves.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I would have mixed feelings on a next Gen rock band. I kinda like where things are now. You guys are kicking rear end with customs, I don't feel like buying new instruments, or worrying about how my dlc would never make it to the new game.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Is the PAX East stage running customs like PAX Prime was?
I know the guy that set it up last year at PAX Prime is at this year's Pax East, so it's likely.

couldcareless posted:

I would have mixed feelings on a next Gen rock band. I kinda like where things are now. You guys are kicking rear end with customs, I don't feel like buying new instruments, or worrying about how my dlc would never make it to the new game.
Make the next RB for Xbox 360. :getin:

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 11, 2014

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Orange Harrison posted:

Is the PAX East stage running customs like PAX Prime was?
I know the guy that set it up last year at PAX Prime is at this year's Pax East, so it's likely.

I don't believe they were when I went, but one of the same guys was mentioning having a bunch of multitracks to the guy running it I believe, and he sounded pretty enthusiastic about it.

EDIT: Can confirm that they have customs running now.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 11, 2014

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Rock Band 3 is, to me, the perfect rhythm game. They'd have to seriously improve Pro Mode to even consider the investment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Great week, thanks!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Yeah I'd be far more interested in a post-mortem title update for RB3 than I would be in RB4. Just fix a few UI/engine quirks like we were discussing before and call it a day. Also re-enable customs, but add a new splash screen telling the players to keep it a secret from Microsoft.:ohdear:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

farottone posted:

C3 releases for April 11, 2014:

New! C3 Anniversary Multitrack 12-pack
  • Earth, Wind & Fire - "September" (pksage)
  • Gotye - "Somebody That I Used to Know (ft. Kimbra)" (MFX, TrojanNemo, and pksage)
  • Lavagoat - "The House" (AddyMilldike) (incl. "radio edit" version)
  • Led Zeppelin - "Ramble On (Vault Edition)" (farottone)
  • Led Zeppelin - "Whole Lotta Love (Vault Edition)" (farottone) (incl. "radio edit" version)
  • Madonna - "Ray of Light" (Gigakoops)
  • Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" (farottone)
  • Mastodon - "Oblivion" (BearzUnlimited)
  • Mötley Crüe - "Too Young to Fall in Love" (clintilona)
  • Ministry - "Watch Yourself" (DeathThreatUK) (incl. 2x bass pedal)
  • Norah Jones - "Don't Know Why" (drummerockband)
  • Radiohead - "Reckoner" (Nyxyxylyth)

Yes, all multitracks. Yes, Led Zeppelin. Yes, I'm not pksage. He's on a plane, we can't complain.

I love you all.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

For those with experience setting up RBHP, any idea why some harmony parts in the upgrade file would be added but others wouldn't? I grabbed the new master package and ran it through the custom packager, but the only added harmonies that show up in the game are the ones I already had from the last time I set myself up with RBHP (last October).

Any harmony upgrades that have been created since then aren't showing up for me in-game, even though I've double checked that they're included in the download folder before I use the custom packager. I'm at a loss on this one.

The T
May 29, 2010

DancinBrud posted:

For those with experience setting up RBHP, any idea why some harmony parts in the upgrade file would be added but others wouldn't? I grabbed the new master package and ran it through the custom packager, but the only added harmonies that show up in the game are the ones I already had from the last time I set myself up with RBHP (last October).

Any harmony upgrades that have been created since then aren't showing up for me in-game, even though I've double checked that they're included in the download folder before I use the custom packager. I'm at a loss on this one.

Are you using the same cache as last time? You'd have to either delete the cache or delete and then re-intergrate the DLC that you're wanting to upgrade. Or more simply: follow the instructions to the letter.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

whypick1 posted:

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Any you guys at PAX East? Waiting for keynote to start now. Would be cool to see some of you weirdos (apologies in advance for my voice).

I'm working at the No Goblin booth (1045) with some awful nerds most of the weekend so say hi? pksage is sleeping in a room next to me so he's around probably!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Trash Boat posted:

I don't believe they were when I went, but one of the same guys was mentioning having a bunch of multitracks to the guy running it I believe, and he sounded pretty enthusiastic about it.

EDIT: Can confirm that they have customs running now.

Exactly one week from now is Sakuracon for you west-coasters. We're going to try the same poo poo with their bigger and cooler RB3 stage.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

The T posted:

Are you using the same cache as last time? You'd have to either delete the cache or delete and then re-intergrate the DLC that you're wanting to upgrade. Or more simply: follow the instructions to the letter.

I definitely deleted the cache before starting the process. I watched it rebuild like it's supposed to after you reattach the hard drive. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

The T
May 29, 2010

Nope, that was my only point. Yeah, as long as you are rebuilding the cache solely from the dummy file when your actual 360 hard drive is not attached. Are the harmonies showing up on the files you're having problems with at that stage or are they not showing up there? If they're not showing up, the dummy file wasn't build correctly.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

The T posted:

Nope, that was my only point. Yeah, as long as you are rebuilding the cache solely from the dummy file when your actual 360 hard drive is not attached. Are the harmonies showing up on the files you're having problems with at that stage or are they not showing up there? If they're not showing up, the dummy file wasn't build correctly.

They're not showing up at that stage. I'll try redownloading/building the dummy and upgrade files again from scratch. Thanks for the suggestions!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kaboobi posted:

I'm working at the No Goblin booth (1045) with some awful nerds most of the weekend so say hi? pksage is sleeping in a room next to me so he's around probably!

I was actually behind pksage in line for the HMX event last night but didn't get a chance to say hi because I was this close to falling asleep while standing up (WOOOO NYQUIL!).

I might actually make it to the Expo Hall today (I'm working morning shift) so I'll try to find you.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

pksage posted:

1) My tool, the original. Exports to CSV or XLS for you to format as you like in Excel (which, IMO, is pretty good). http://pksage.com/ccc/cache2csv.php

I used this to make a list (awesome!), but it doesn't contain any of the customs I have. Any idea what could cause that, how I could fix it? I did make sure to load up Rock Band before generating the list to pick up on the most recent customs I had added.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Asnorban posted:

I used this to make a list (awesome!), but it doesn't contain any of the customs I have. Any idea what could cause that, how I could fix it? I did make sure to load up Rock Band before generating the list to pick up on the most recent customs I had added.

Send me a forums PM about it, we'll figure it out. If it only contained the RB3 on-disc songs and no DLC, the entire file wasn't read properly and it didn't properly throw an error. If it had your DLC but no customs, that's a weirder problem.

Also everyone should use Nemo's version of this tool, available in the newest version of C3 CON Tools from the C3 forums, because it's way better.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Is the Rock Band 3 store for Wii likely to be taken down when Nintendo shuts off the gameplay related services for the Wii on May 20th? I would normally think that's the case, but considering it's just a storefront and not "online play, matchmaking, and leaderboards" as Nintendo described the soon to be shutdown services.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Is the Rock Band 3 store for Wii likely to be taken down when Nintendo shuts off the gameplay related services for the Wii on May 20th? I would normally think that's the case, but considering it's just a storefront and not "online play, matchmaking, and leaderboards" as Nintendo described the soon to be shutdown services.

No

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Asnorban posted:

In cause anyone encounters similar: I had a cache on my USB drive and my hard drive. Apparently the game was still using the hard drive cache instead of the USB cache.

I now realized today, 2 days before the karaoke (rock band) party that I don't have all the licenses transferred to my system. Going to be a nice tedious day tomorrow.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for April 18, 2014:

New! The Police C01 3-pack (farottone)
  • The Police - "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"
  • The Police - "King of Pain"
  • The Police - "Wrapped Around Your Finger"
New! Singles
  • Aerosmith - "Uncle Salty" X (ws54)
  • Bloodhound Gang - "Fire Water Burn" (Lowlander)
  • Buckethead - "Jordan" M (Nightmare Lyra) (incl. rhythm guitar version)
  • Mayhem ft. Renard - "West Mansion" (Nightmare Lyra)
  • Wolfblur - "Celestial Sun Goddess" M (Freen in Green Freelance)
  • Wolfblur - "Frostbite Cavern (RB3 version)" M (Freen in Green Freelance)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jordan :swoon: :swoon:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Also, two points of order:

1) With this release, farottone has done over 150 songs. We are not worthy. Also please be sure to congratulate him and talk up this accomplishment, he loves being in the limelight!

2) I'm doing another "Let's Author!" livestream this weekend! The theme of this one is workshopping other people's customs, so if you have a WIP you'd like me to check out, send me a PM here or on the C3 forums. I'll take a look even if you can't make the actual stream, and it'll be available on demand afterward. The stream is on Twitch, and will start on Saturday, April 19 at 12:00 PM EST. Hope to see a few of you nerds there!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

pksage posted:

1) With this release, farottone has done over 150 songs. We are not worthy. Also please be sure to congratulate him and talk up this accomplishment, he loves being in the limelight!

farottone, what is it like to be the envy of your peers?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

"Fire Water Burn" totally makes my week. Thanks, Lowlander, if you are on these forums!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

This...

...oh poo poo, I haven't played this game in a month. I probably shouldn't jump straight into that one. :cry:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

IUG posted:

farottone, what is it like to be the envy of your peers?

When I approached 100 songs I specifically asked pksage NOT to make any fuss about it: the number of songs an author releases is not all. There's the depth of authoring, there are little touches, there's the complexity of the songs you author... And I know for a fact that other authors put into venue making far more time than I do in example, so I don't like point to one specific part of the process. Also, we are a collective, so I don't like the spotlight on one person.

Obviously, he since made it a point to EMBARASS me on a regular basis with numbers. :D

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Police :swoon: :swoon:

I just bought a USB drive the other day to set this stuff up. Gonna have a lot of catching up to do after Easter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

whypick1 posted:

This...

...oh poo poo, I haven't played this game in a month. I probably shouldn't jump straight into that one. :cry:

I stopped playing outside of playing backup guitar on my girlfriend's drunken pseudo karaoke for about 6 months until I got into the customs a few weeks ago.

"Oh I know what I'll play, Devil Went Down to Georg-" :stonk:

"Ok maybe Play With M-" :stonk:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
farottone, you have made my wife the happiest girl in the world with that Police pack. Bless.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
3 good Police songs and Jordan. Awesome week. Thanks everyone!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
As a reminder, if anyone's interested, my authoring workshop livestream will be starting in about half an hour on my Twitch channel. I'll update this post with the VOD when it's available.

edit: All done! It ended up being mostly specific fixes for the two songs that were submitted, but there's a lot of general authoring stuff in there too. VOD is available here if you have nothing better to do with your time than watch me talk about customs for over an hour.

pksage fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 19, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I finally caught up on tracks and fixed my USB key that had gotten corrupted (accidentally passing the 256 file limit on Party Buffalo, whups). I realize even if I do like fifty songs a week it's going to be a long, long time before I can catch up with all the songs on my hard drive. Everything is amazing, and you folks do fantaaastic work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

• Locked thread