Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I always enjoyed the playlist ideas from RB2. I missed them a surprising amount once I realized they weren't included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It should be.

Is it noticeable you scrubbed the track or do they sound generally clean? Does it have an adverse effect on the other intruments? I'm curious because if it's easy enough and doesn't cause a lot of problems with the audio overall it might be worth putting together a YouTube "master class" or such just to spread the knowledge

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Would it work for FULL multitrack? I ask from the standpoint of living out a fantasy in my head where I chart several multitrack releases for everyone to enjoy because you all like the music I like and I'm surprisingly amazing at charting despite never having done it before.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I just started playing customs two weeks ago so forgive my ignorance please, but if I play some DLC I own and set a new high score on it, does that get uploaded next time I re-TU5 and hop online or are all scores while TU4 dumped. As weird as it is, I actually care about furthering my score.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh, that reminds me:

What's the recommended pro drumset? I'm not looking for SUPER great quality (would it be fair to say IBitePrettyHard?) but I do want pro drums. The official pro drums jumped on Amazon from a doable $125 to a kind-of-asking-a-lot $200 for official hardware. The only reason $200 for the official drums is high compared to $200 for unofficial drums is simply because official hardware for GH and RB have had questionable histories.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a custom high score for how far into Hardware Store's breakdown you get in one breath?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If I wanted to get into custom charting what would I need both tool-wise and financially? Also, is your stream documenting how to make a custom chart still archived somewhere? I'd love to at least look at the process and see if it's a thing I would be interested in doing. There are several songs I REALLY would love to play and now that I've found out about customs, they seem within reach.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^

Cool, thanks. It doesn't look that difficult, just insanely time consuming to chart all four difficulties + pro on all instruments, as well as vocals. Still, for zero money down I might try it out since it couldn't hurt anything.

e: I didn't intend to watch all two hours in one go but now it's 2:30.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 20, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't mind having the entire Metal Metroid album(s) done. Those are pretty drat good arrangements.

e: Is there a magical way of finding the NOT-poo poo on RBN? Most of it is horrible Nightwish-esque diarrhea'd onto the RBN constantly and I want quality songs. I've found a few that I like (Clutch) but for the most part it's a barren wasteland. Obviously I should look for anything PKSage has put up but beyond that...?

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 27, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

elf help book posted:

Step up to the challenge.

It's less a matter of challenge than it is having to buy whole new plastic toys for Rock Band 3. I'm perfectly cool with getting a set of pro drums since every single track supports them and there's no upgrade, but spending the $x on the controller, then additional money on a pro upgrade to any DLC I want to play, as well as not being able to on most of the DLC I already own makes it a much more off-putting idea.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
While driving home I realized Copperhead Road would be fun as hell to play/sing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I grabbed the Rage code, thank you very very very much.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Maybe format the stick and start from step one again?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's my main defence in "Why did it have to be John!?"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not only agreed, but thanks for using their real name and not this TSO bullshit.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm aware, but I really don't care for their TSO work and highly enjoy their Savatage albums.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I know it's against you being a big contributor to C3, but what about doing a non-custom multiplayer stream?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I hope it's a Gaybraham Lincoln trap!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's Not Dead Until We Are

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
MORE REEL BIG FISH! Keep it comin'! Also Closer to Home. Good week, now I just need GFR's Queen Bee.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
NewEgg.com, buy a $2 8Gb flash drive, done. The C3 site has instructions simple enough that you can't mess up unless you're trying to.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For the ultimate rubbing-Baribies-together experience.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
With a hint that coy I better be partying like it's 1999 or I'm un-liking your Facebook page!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

TU4 broke a few songs without vocals because ???

So as long as I avoid novox I'm fine?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How? I must know this secret!

Also, NiN and Brad Sucks seem to be two bands (one man bands) willing to put up their songs as remixable tracks, which I imagine would make things like multitracks super easy to do.

Moral of the story: More Brad Sucks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Same method though? Remix tracks or did you do some witchery with a 5.1 release or such?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I suppose the only way I would learn is if I got into making customs then. It's tempting. The Sword's Apocryphon album has some incredible tracks on there that would be fun to play.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
September? Oblivion? Ministry!? ZEPP!!?!?

I love you guys. A lot.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Orange Harrison posted:

However the same can be said for "Visions", so it's a bittersweet thing.

whypick1 posted:

Still better that Rob the Prez-o-dent. :colbert:

Visions is great for guitar, Prez-O-Dent is just great. :colbert:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Young was but it just barely beats IV.

Also, the pack had some great songs.

Prequel To The Sequel
I Wanna Be Your Man
Ashes To Fire (arguably the best)
The Feeling

More than two by at least two.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I remember how "gay cowboy" was a "secret" character in the first one. That was great.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
In the original Rock Band you could pick whatever character you wanted to play as from the default lineup of pre-made characters. However, there was one you couldn't pick as he never showed up, but he would occasionally pop in on drums with your random bandmates if you played not-drums. It was a ripped, shirtless dude with tight black pants and a cowboy hat and cowboy boots. He had blond hair and thick blond sideburns.

He always struck me as a gay cowboy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone have helpful tips to not overdo it while singing? I love singing, but I can only go about ten songs before I done hosed up and have to stop. Obviously that's not good for my voice but I can't find any useful information, just "Project and sing from your diaphragm!" which is what I'm already doing since I know how to play a wind instrument.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Make up for their mistake! Rock'n'Roll Lifestyle!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Love You Madly is also great...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DancinBrud posted:

Pretty amazing to have any kind of positive public statement about customs from HMX. Congrats, C3 dudes!

Wait, what statement?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Have you ever met John Drake? I want to meet John Drake. John Drake... :allears:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hunger Strike and Judith? Wish you posted earlier so I could have called into work today. Added bonus: I could sing myself hoarse and make it more convincing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Tweakers and Juular? Yes. Double-yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Are there any features / bugfixes we lose for being on TU4? I don't know of any but I'm not the experts you guys are.

• Locked thread