Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Hey gang, back round launch day for Beatles RB I had 3 mics. Now I can't find any, maybe they got boxed up and put in the garage or something. I do however have a pair of Shures lying around. Will something like this work for me?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050CEEIW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3V6BK4D0HKA8F

Or am I going to run into a lack of amplifier issue or something like that? Anyone got any knowledge that's cheapish and doesn't involve cutting/soldering? I'm sure I could splice something together but id rather not bother and get more cheap rock band mics if that's what it comes down to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
The whole thing is a weird unenviable situation that makes my head hurt. If people really wanted more plastic instruments I don't think the fad would have crashed. Being able to use already owned DLC is important to all but if tracks are straight up expiring off of the store then how is that ever going to work? Making any wireless xbox 360 instruments work with anything new is a giant hurdle I'd think. And for me personally there's super niche hang ups like only liking Red Octane guitars (The survey prompted me to look, and GHWT guitars, the pinnacle, are insane money brand new.)

I don't know if others felt the same but with the inclusion of pro instruments, rock band kind of painted themselves into a corner with me. I borrowed a friend's pro guitar and after playing with that for a month going back to 5 buttons felt really unsatisfying and silly, but I never bought a pro guitar because I knew content for it at that point would be severely finite and limited. I've since been slowly getting back into rock band a little bit lately but can't help but think the only way to be feasible on new systems would include starting over, and more expensive than we're used to instruments available via online mail order due to a lack of interest from retail and the amount of "people who actually want all new rock band" being a lot smaller than "people into the stuff around RB 1&2."

• Locked thread