Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I think it's funny that people have been requesting more Metallica forever, and now they're essentially putting out negative new Metallica songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Orange Harrison posted:

I wonder if the scoring changes they applied to flame notes made it mathematically impossible to beat some of the 1st place scores on the more popular songs.

Yes, they dropped it by like 15x, weeks after everyone figured out it was overpowered, and nothing ever got bumped up enough to match (unless there's a secret pro synchrony strat I never heard of). I'd go as far as to guess >50% of all songs have had the top 1 or 2 frozen forever at least, up to a dozen or more scores for some of the pack-in songs.

Edit: just a guess of course, I've got no historical data to back that up!

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 23, 2013

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Orange Harrison posted:

Yes, a couple weeks ago I brainstormed with TrojanNemo about a program that could read someone's song cache file and use it to create a printable list, but he's super busy with programming other things right now.

Is there any documentation out there on how to read the cache file, or is figuring that out part of the process?

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

HMX may be a good studio but it doesn't mean they can pull online multiplayer out of their asses for nothing!

Edit: the company isn't literally flat broke begging to eat, but a project only has as much money as the business can justify putting into it. They're running a Kickstarter because that amount in this case was zero dollars.

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 24, 2014

• Locked thread