Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
At least they had a pretty good excuse for gratuitous nudity for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

At least they had a pretty good excuse for gratuitous nudity for once.

Not really; if she can't move her hands/feet it's not like having underwear on is going to expand her options (and if it did then she could just as easily literally use her boobs as a weapon*).

*Honestly surprised this didn't happen

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Not really; if she can't move her hands/feet it's not like having underwear on is going to expand her options (and if it did then she could just as easily literally use her boobs as a weapon*).

You must be thinking of Mazinger Z.

Anyways: Boobs? On my HSDK? I am shocked!

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Ytlaya posted:

Did you somehow miss the part where she had a bunch of needles under her choker and used them to take out a scientist and two guards, as well as breaking some magic resin?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Harry posted:

Did you somehow miss the part where she had a bunch of needles under her choker and used them to take out a scientist and two guards, as well as breaking some magic resin?

Only because they didn't search the choker, like idiots. Which is weird, because they made a big deal out of totally justifying why she had to be totally naked. Why even just a scrap of cloth could kill! Oh, poo poo, nobody noticed the necklace in the rush to fill the nudity quota.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
She should have copied that lovely version of Bullseye that could kill you with his fingernails.

-Oh no! She's using fake "secret of steel" fingernails!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

trucutru posted:

-Oh no! She's using fake "secret of steel" fingernails!

Now I want Shigure to be a 9/10ths naked barbarian.
He would know the riddle of steel.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
New Chapter
http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/545

The twist now has me confused, I may need to re-read the manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dazoner posted:

New Chapter
http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/545

The twist now has me confused, I may need to re-read the manga

That guy hasn't appeared before. Shigure was adopted into the Kousaka family. From there, you can extrapolate the rest fairly easily.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Kind of left feeling a bit underwhelmed by the chapter given that there's never been any hints before that I recall that she had a brother. Would have had more impact if Matsunaga had set it up in the last arc or two instead of just springing it. More than that, the ending reminded me that it's still a bit disappointing that Kenichi never uses a weapon of any kind. Even if he doesn't want to use bladed ones, there's still things like tonfa that he could use occasionally. Or even a bokken, or whatever those wooden training swords Kenpo practitioners use. Would be cool to see him use one to honor Shigure at some point the way he honored Appa by using only Muay Thai (or Muay Boran or whatever variation it was) against Tirawit after Appa was "killed".

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Not much to say, but at least the fighting in this chapter was well done. There was a sense of movement that a lot of the early chapters had, but was lost somewhere around the start of this uber-long arc.

But, yeah, the brother should have been introduced way before this reveal. There was plenty of time for it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Well, it's not a well-written manga.

I mean, it's not within 6 degrees of a well-written manga.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Nilbop posted:

Well, it's not a well-written manga.

I mean, it's not within 6 degrees of a well-written manga.

True, but a little set-up isn't that much to ask. The build to the Agaard/Apachai fight, for example, was really well done. More of that.

In fact, more Apachai in general. Man hasn't had an awesome fight in a while...

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001
Chapter 546

Last panel is the best

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Really? Doesn't seem anything special to me. Honoka is the sister I assume? Age gap seems a bit much from what little I recall of her. Personally I much prefer the panel right after Alien-dude asks if there's any place for him on the One Shadow's team, because Kenichi looks quite a bit like Sakaki.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

tsob posted:

Really? Doesn't seem anything special to me. Honoka is the sister I assume? Age gap seems a bit much from what little I recall of her.
The joke is that Hermit's little sister died so he has a huge soft sport for Honoka and spoils her rotten when they hang out. I don't blame you for forgetting though since it's been years since it was last brought up.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I figure it's that Hermit has Honoka on the mind (for whatever reason), and Kenichi is just doing the big brother rejection just to be safe.

The setup is what helps the joke. "I've learned something else that's important...dude, stop thinking about my sister so much."

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Not so much happening in 547 besides the Eternal Sunset beginning and Shigure being a glorious troll.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

resurgam40 posted:

Not so much happening in 547 besides the Eternal Sunset beginning and Shigure being a glorious troll.

Seems like they're also gearing up for Kenichi to do something gloriously awesome.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Got to question the methodology of the mustache mook apparently in charge. This is, like, the exact opposite of the entire plan. Hurry, go out and rile up the only people strong enough to stop us and bring them to this location, which we've been very careful to keep them unaware of. Ha, ha, our plan to force this woman, who we only barely control, into doing our bidding will be a cinch once we add more people we can't stop into the mix!

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
A manga where thrusting rifle barrels into a woman's mouth and breasts is considered erotic fanservice. A reprehensibly shameful manga.

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 18, 2013

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡
Holy poo poo. (Ch 548)

car throwing

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!

Well, it's no Furinji Tank Shuriken but I'll admit that it is pretty drat awesome.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It was, but I thought both Koutsuji teaching computers like a martial art at Nijima's headquarters and Kenichi's look when he turned on the gun user were both cooler to be honest. I always love seeing Kenichi and Miu step it up a bit though.

MaxwellsEquations
Oct 21, 2010

He achieved greatness unequalled
-Max Planck
As soon as I saw the panel with Akisame standing there with the car barrelling towards him with Kenichi inside , it was pretty clear how it was going to be resolved...
Awesomely

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Once in a while when this series stops worrying about boobs, it gets really loving epic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm always a sucker for the single panels of the masters with their eyes lit up about to commit some violence. Though Ma just casually propping the cut-out back up was pretty good too. Feel kinda bad for that sniper though, Apachi doesn't know how to hold back.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is Kenichi at a "guns are worthless" level yet?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Ytlaya posted:

Close range from someone who isn't a master-class with guns? Most likely. He'd probably get aced by any long range sneak attack, though. Not that he ever will because that would be dumb.

Pretty good chapter overall

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, that poo poo is master level. The apparently insurmountable gap between disciples and masters in one of the things I like about this manga. We have seen that Tanaka guy take the step going from expert to master but Kenichi&Co are barely approaching expert level. It would be a good thing to have Kenichi end the story as no longer a disciple-class fighter but not yet a master (since he's supposed to have zero "talent" anyways).

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

trucutru posted:

Nah, that poo poo is master level.

You don't need to be a master that's for sure since Miu has already displayed pretty good bullet dodging (shot by pros) ability in latest chapter. Kenichi is probably less agile than her, but I still think he can replicate something similar if not now, then in a very near future.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Isn't Miu basically a master but with the weakness of exploding clothes?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Harry posted:

Isn't Miu basically a master but with the weakness of exploding clothes?

Jenazad completely curbed stomped her, so she's not master level yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Miu has the physical ability of an expert, but her mentality is rather weak. I guess that is the result of holding back for most of her life.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

Monaghan posted:

Jenazad completely curbed stomped her, so she's not master level yet.

Eh, there's still different levels of masters. That one guy running the tournament was one but they also added the "yeah but he sucks."

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Ch 549 is out (but not much happens so far. Next chapter could be good.)

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
560 was out a bit ago

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
http://www.mangapanda.com/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/551

551 is out

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Up to 553 now, plot seems kinda slow these days but hopefully things will pick up soon. Wonder if anything bad will actually happen to shigure or if we'll just see her naked a lot more. (rhetorical)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

genki posted:

Up to 553 now, plot seems kinda slow these days but hopefully things will pick up soon. Wonder if anything bad will actually happen to shigure or if we'll just see her naked a lot more. (rhetorical)

HSDK 554. Things are definitely starting to pick up and it is about time the good guys grabbed a few of the other katsujinken masters to help out. I love that the former Yami weapons dude is with them too, James Shiba and Freya's grandfather also it looks like. The biggest issue I can see is that there are so many freaking disciples... somehow the Shinpaku alliance needs to show up so that Kenichi doesn't have to fight 10 people. Miu and Renka can obviously handle a bunch of them but it still leaves Kenichi with a lot of fights.

• Locked thread