Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The Shinpaku Alliance is already right there with Kenichi on page 12 or 13. Thor, Boxer Dude, Valkyrie etc. are all there. There's 7 of them in total, so they should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Marmaduke what are you doing??? Human armor is not for dogs!

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

tsob posted:

The Shinpaku Alliance is already right there with Kenichi on page 12 or 13. Thor, Boxer Dude, Valkyrie etc. are all there. There's 7 of them in total, so they should be fine.

Hah wow totally missed that somehow. They are missing Renka and Sieg but that is it I guess.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
What?
What?
What!!?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

So all the disciples are accounted for except Renka, I guess? Also can't wait to see what shovelface is going to do with that hoe.

Are we getting near the end of the manga then?

ANIME AKBAR fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 6, 2014

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
No idea, but I'm excited to see that both Shiba and the weapons guy that Shigure fought ages back are apparently in as allies. Can't wait to see them fight. Also, there's 16 enemy disciples by the looks of things, to 8 ally ones total (including Kenichi). So two fights apiece? Wonder who Tirawit will end up facing this time since he's already fought Kenichi? Also really happy to see that the ultimate enemy disciple is a talentless nobody like Kenichi and kind of a cool guy to boot. Should make for a fun fight.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The sheer number of people involved right now has me worried we're gonna end up with like 6+ fights going on at once and the comic is going to switch back and forth between them neurotically over a really stupid amount of chapters. That poo poo always sucks

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Good Citizen posted:

The sheer number of people involved right now has me worried we're gonna end up with like 6+ fights going on at once and the comic is going to switch back and forth between them neurotically over a really stupid amount of chapters. That poo poo always sucks

Don't worry, they'll get into a ton of fights, but the fights with more interesting matchups will be ignored so we can get as much cat fight, tissue paper clothing T and A as possible in a reasonably paced time frame.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
And if we DO see something cool or interesting, the lucha girl will just rip her clothes off to save us from it!

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001
Chapters 556 and 557 are out.

War's breaking out. poo poo's getting good.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

badlyknitsweater posted:

Chapters 556 and 557 are out.

War's breaking out. poo poo's getting good.

Weapon guy is still using the hoe :allears:

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Apa is still the best.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
HSDK 558. This chapter was pretty funny, Ma/Ba Kensei really shines (in the expected way), and I feel like extra effort was put into the artwork.

I'm really curious as to the conclusion of Elder vs. the leader of the Hachiou fight. Elder is going to need to show up in order to defeat Yami so he'll definitely either win or at least find a way to get back to where the action is somehow but I still want to see it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The reaction panel was simply fantastic. Apa should have known better, but he's so disappointed.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Huge announcement next week according to the Mangastream version (not sure if the other version has this in it). Pretty much has to be a new anime or OVA of some kind I would imagine. Chapter was pretty decent, but nothing unexpected once you see who's on the cover.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://readms.com/r/hsdk/559/2274/1

The translation was really lovely this time, but that guy in the suit is totally the elder in disguise.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Pretty sure Elder Furinji is too loving huge to be disguised like that. I was guessing it was Saiga Furinji, until he showed up with Yami in the previous chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Pretty sure Elder Furinji is too loving huge to be disguised like that. I was guessing it was Saiga Furinji, until he showed up with Yami in the previous chapter.

You are using human standards for the invincible superman, Hayato Fuurinji.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!
Chapter 560

Kenichi has become so reliable and cool :cool:

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I normally don't like Sieg but that panel where they're all running and he's spinning is perfect.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Lyon posted:

I normally don't like Sieg but that panel where they're all running and he's spinning is perfect.

Aww, how can you not like Sieg? He's been my favorite disciple pretty much since he was introduced.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
561 and 562 are up.

Hell yes, time for Kenichi to get in on the fighting :unsmigghh:

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
That guy's motives are stupid as hell.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Frankenstein Dad posted:

I don't really know what or why anyone is doing anything in this manga right now, but dude draws a mean rack fight scene.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Right now, I'm really looking forward to the Elder and Shigure joining the rest of the masters. They get stronger when they fight as a group, so completing the set is the only way ryouzanpaku could win.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Frankenstein Dad posted:

His motive appears to be basically identical to every other rival Kenichi's ever had: kill Kenichi because his master told him to do so. The only difference is he has multiple masters like Kenichi, giving him conflicting orders, which he is following as dictated. Why is it any more stupid for him to do so than any of the other disciples Kenichi's faced in the past?

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Couple chapters, some boobs. fights ... not really progressing.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
They're setting it up for the big arrival of Shigure and/or Elder. I really hope it is the Elder because of Kushinada, I love when they interact (like after Kenichi beat Pollux with Chikage as judge).

I just reread the end to the previous arc again where the salaryman (Tsutomo Tanaka) fights Ogata Kensei again, man was that ending :black101: as hell.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'm not sure what's happening here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/historys_strongest_disciple_kenichi/v45/c565/18.html

It seems like he's locking Hongo out, but why?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Relin posted:

I'm not sure what's happening here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/historys_strongest_disciple_kenichi/v45/c565/18.html

It seems like he's locking Hongo out, but why?

Because he hates the unarmed division and was planning to kill Kenichi? I mean he kind of expressly states it right there.

Edit: Also like walls/doors ever stopped any of the masters anyway.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 11, 2014

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
The second and third pages epitomize everything that is wrong and right with this manga.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
HSDK 566. All I have to say is... 100% Elder.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Good Lord. I was expecting some sort of exposition but nope that was just a fox.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like to think that he yelled so loud that those are reaction shots of them hearing his voice.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Gyges posted:

I like to think that he yelled so loud that those are reaction shots of them hearing his voice.

Haha turns out that is exactly what happened. New chapter is out and it is pretty awesome, this arc is going to be epic and I'm guessing maybe the last major arc. If it is I'm sure we will get some really awesome epilogue chapters.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Lyon posted:

Haha turns out that is exactly what happened. New chapter is out and it is pretty awesome, this arc is going to be epic and I'm guessing maybe the last major arc. If it is I'm sure we will get some really awesome epilogue chapters.

Here's a link.

D... did he just explode?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So the new chapter is out. Here's a link.

Of course the person in the heaviest armour is a chick with breasts that seem quite capable of crushing a man. For the more plot related parts I have to say the fact that most of the Yami masters are turning against their order makes some sense. To the masters this whole conflict has been more of a clash of ideals and teaching methods then any desire for power, so the fact that the eternal rising sun was turning into lets start world war III would drive them away.

Also I have to say the best part of reading this thread was when people thought that when Ogata fought Tanaka that the fight would end on a more traditional happy note instead of the whole exploding head style that the fight actually ended on.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wish the entire manga was just about Apa and Agaard loving around while hitting poo poo.

Can someone get big boobies lady a new shirt or something so her tits stop taking up entire pages?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gyges posted:

Can someone get big boobies lady a new shirt or something so her tits stop taking up entire pages?

You are going to have to narrow that down a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SirDan3k posted:

You are going to have to narrow that down a bit.

The one with boobs big enough to be called big boobs lady in HSDK, duh. The one pulling a Tsunade.

• Locked thread