Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Now....face the fury of the Phoenix Force!

This is not the kind of retaliation against WBC I think would happen, but....

Alleged son of Westboro Baptist Church leader attacked in publicity stunt by naked 500lb man who burst out of bathroom, sat on him and shouted: 'Who's your daddy?'

quote:

A video that shows a fat naked man pouncing on a bearded man during a television interview has been revealed to be a publicity stunt.
It was claimed that a son of gay-hate church leader Fred Phelps has been attacked live on TV by an obese naked man who sat on him and shouted 'who's your daddy now?'
Supposed Westboro Baptist Church member David Phelps was being interviewed in a mobile studio when a 35-stone man, who was wearing no clothes, suddenly burst out of a loo to confront him.
An actor posing as the son of Fred who does not exist was angrily commenting on a forthcoming live crucifixion, which U.S.-based TV station Battlecam intends to broadcast on Easter Sunday.

I don't know if the guy or not, but this is the most bizarre 'attack' on Westboro I've seen. You'd think someone would try to assault them with a weapon, but it seems all you need to repel them is obese, nude men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Hmm. Makes me wonder if a WBC member is Sacha Baron Cohen's next character.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

So a guy claiming to be Phelps' son is ambushed by a naked man in a staged interview. An interview about a sado-masochist crucifying himself...

Real or a hoax, I hope this inspires more fat naked men to sit on WBC members.

Tom Gorman
Apr 30, 2004

Forthcoming live crucifixion? What the gently caress?

dailymail.co.uk posted:

Mr Garrison will be left impaled by 12in nails for several hours while users of Battlecam TV's social networking website are invited to comment.

Sure does take a lot of work to get twitter followers these days!

The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

THE LEVIATHAN

I remember seeing this a few weeks back, but nothing came out about this being a hoax or not. Still hilarious.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

The Master's Art is indeed not made for plebeians.

Is this a real life "goon rush" would look like?

The Rage
Jun 28, 2007

Chill out, dickwad.

Backweb posted:

Real or a hoax, I hope this inspires more fat naked men to sit on WBC members.

If I can press ham naked on that Shirley Phelps Roper bitch, I'd take it. Maybe not wipe that day, run backwards at her like a Venus flytrap, clamp on and just smear her with God's Love.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

The Rage posted:

If I can press ham naked on that Shirley Phelps Roper bitch, I'd take it. Maybe not wipe that day, run backwards at her like a Venus flytrap, clamp on and just smear her with God's Love.

I'm fairly certain that if you did this, the speed in which donations came pouring in to pay your bail would set a world record. I know I would contribute.

wa27
Jan 14, 2007

He looks like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHWxESdN4o

edit: wait, it IS the same guy!

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the cow

wa27 posted:

He looks like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHWxESdN4o

edit: wait, one of the comments in that video mentions this incident. Is this actually the same guy?

It's because it is him according to the linked article.

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby

Hasnt Phelps son spoken out against him? The fake interview just sullys his efforts.

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.

I could have sworn this happened already recently.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012

It did already happen.

Here's the video of it.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Man, that video has some awful acting. Who is believing for a moment that this could be real?

cupachabra
Mar 29, 2010

Hubert felt a strange need to see his native country again

quote:

An actor posing as the son of Fred who does not exist

quote:

I don't know if the guy or not, but this is the most bizarre 'attack' on Westboro I've seen.

I'm not sure if you bothered to read the quote you posted, but seeing as the source is the online Daily Mail it's sure to be a quality piece regardless.

Tim Raines IRL
Aug 25, 2004

I should have stayed
in Canada

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Man, that video has some awful acting. Who is believing for a moment that this could be real?

The crucifixion itself looks partially real enough (NWS, marginally NMS I suppose)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1jLAcZAUlA

Pretty weak sauce, though. Tiny nails.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

The article is from the 28th of March, 3 weeks ago.

Has anything new been said about it by respectable newspapers?

Chichevache
Feb 16, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

God hates fats

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

The Master's Art is indeed not made for plebeians.

Chichevache posted:

God hates fats

If so, then why did he create mobility scooters?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

As a friend of the attacker (Billy the Fridge) in the video, I regret to inform you that it was staged as part of Alki David's Battlecam Online Reality Show:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ut-of-bathroom/

Yeah, I know it's not a great source either, but between the twitter denial included in that link and mutual friends of Billy and I telling me that it was a fake, it's probably a fake. I could send him an email to triple check if anyone really cares.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Lord Humongus posted:

Hasnt Phelps son spoken out against him? The fake interview just sullys his efforts.

That wasn't David Phelps (and Wikipedia lists no such person among Fred's children). That was Nate Phelps, Big Time Real Person.

Dammit, Lowtax. You've made me love the phrase 'Big Time Real ______' too much after you used it just once.

Skeleton Jelly
Jun 30, 2011

Kids in the street drinking wine, on the sidewalk.
Saving the plans that we made, 'till its night time.
Give me your glass, its your last, you're too wasted.
Or get me one too, 'cause I'm due any tasting.

drat, I was hoping for this to be true so much but c'mon guys - that video is just horrific acting and I don't know how any of you could think it's even slightly real. Also, Fred Phelps doesn't even seem to have a son named David.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

Skeleton Jelly posted:

drat, I was hoping for this to be true so much but c'mon guys - that video is just horrific acting and I don't know how any of you could think it's even slightly real. Also, Fred Phelps doesn't even seem to have a son named David.

It was pretty piss poor either way. Leviathan? Come on. He should've between screaming passages from Deuteronomy at him.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I stab at thee

cupachabra posted:

I'm not sure if you bothered to read the quote you posted, but seeing as the source is the online Daily Mail it's sure to be a quality piece regardless.
He didn't even read his own thread title.

ToG
Feb 16, 2007
Rory Gallagher Wannabe

I'm confused. Am I missing something? There is no David Phelps in the Westboro Baptist church.

SmileShot!
Jan 29, 2011

The Steak Justice posted:

THE LEVIATHAN

I remember seeing this a few weeks back, but nothing came out about this being a hoax or not. Still hilarious.

Same here. The missus showed it to me when it was on Joe my blog a few weeks ago. I'm actually surprised this wasn't posted then. Usually goons are quick to post these things.

Ilustforponydeath
May 28, 2011

posted:

It was claimed that a son of gay-hate church leader Fred Phelps has been attacked live on TV by an obese naked man who sat on him and shouted 'who's your daddy now?'

Awww, I read "shat on him"

Conquistador
Oct 17, 2008

by Red Star Baldgreg

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Awww, I read "shat on him"

Well thanks for that image.

No, really, thank you, that made me laugh pretty hard.

Aye-Aye
Jan 23, 2007

We've become more monster than monkey.

This is the best news I ever heard in my life.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilok
Jun 15, 2007

Seriously, what the fuck.

I was going to say "I wouldn't mind sitting on Megan Phelps naked " but then I looked for a picture of her to post and saw that she apparently left the church, and now that seems kind of disrespectful and, in retrospect, misogynistic. So I guess, I wouldn't mind taking Megan Phelps to a nice dinner and talking to her about her current attitudes towards homosexuals...

...naked.