Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 1
Noir Vision Compel
Heuristic Combat Analytics x1

OOOO|OOOO

Juliana allowed herself a brief moment of self-satisfaction as the hazardous occult materials erupted in a satisfying explosion that would probably have been more enjoyable to watch if her visual input wasn't still stuck in black-and-white. As it was she had to content herself with the sight of the swordswoman's companions being tossed aside by the blast like ragdolls, groaning weakly as they lay on the ground.

The redhead was still standing though...whoever she was, they made them tough where she came from...and she quickly leveled her weapon at the other woman. "Now get down on the ground, hands behind your-" Her moment of triumph was short-lived however as her systems barely had time to scream a warning at her before a bolt of lightning lanced towards her. She threw herself forward, avoiding most of the blast though not without a glancing hit causing her HUD to glitch and snow out, but the power junction box on the other side of the roof wasn't so lucky. A blinding flash and a shower of sparks was followed by the sounds of machinery shutting down and lights exploding as arcane electricity poured into the Ball's power grid.

"Bollocks bollocks bollocks...everyone in this city has to be a magician or a bloody ninja," Juliana thought irately as she scrambled up to her feet and charged forward, intent on closing the gap to try and keep the swordswoman from trying that a second time. "That's it, enough messing about!," she shouted, launching herself towards the redhead and lashing out with a series of blows strong enough to shatter concrete and send assorted occult containers flying when they missed...she'd just have to make it up to Shiro later. "Princess of Hyperborea? Oh come on. I didn't realize Nazis were so hard-up these days they had to recruit from MMO guilds. So where'd they find you? Third Life? Arcane Werewolf Online? Wait wait, hang on...is that how you and your boyfriend met?," she said with a grin before headbutting the other woman in the face. "Oh now that's just too precious."

Rolling defense against lightning (oh god why)
22:48 Kai_Tave !r 4dF+4
22:48 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, ++-/+4 = 5

That leaves a total of 7 stress, all of which satisfies my tell. Instead I'm gonna make use of one of our -4 Collateral Consequences to soak 4 of that, call it Overloading Power Grid, and take the other 3 on the chin. Then I'm going to move into Zone 7 and make a Fists attack against Conan.

01:52 Kai_Tave !r 4dF+5
01:52 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, ///-+5 = 4

Sure Krysmbot, give Ettin the big roll. I'll spend my last Heuristic Combat Analytics to bump that up to 6 Weapon 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria - FP: 2 -> 1
Stress (Physical/Mental): XOO / OOOX

Defense rolls: -+// +4 = 4, /+/-+4 = 4, ////+4 = 4, /+-++4 = 5 against each respective attack. Even ties will hurt me thanks to W:2, so I'm going to invoke all the consequences and negate that poo poo.

Maria doesn't stop spinning even after the Nazis go down like flies. She pops up her bike into a wheelie and deftly uses it as a spinning shield against the enemy fire. The Eldritchbike can take small arms fire like a champ, though Maria can already hear it complaining. God, she can't believe how much she misses the Beast just talking in her head again.

The spinning comes to a stop. Maria pulls out her tactical gohei again (no longer a magical girl wand) and waves at the gunmen. "This usually only works on monsters, but I'm betting that you're all baby eaters or jaywalkers or something, so..." She draws a circle in the air. "...the Hakurei Special for all of you!"

And right as she says that, a mass of psychedelic yin-yang orbs appear from the sky and fall down on the Neo-Nazis.

Using Youkai Extermination to create a Weapon: 4 zone attack using 6 shifts. Casting roll: -++- +3 = 3.
Ouch, uh, I'm going to invoke Occult Troubleshooter on Wheels to mitigate the Backlash and make it an attack roll of 5. I take 4 shifts of mental damage, 1 shift of physical stress for the Backlash.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 14, 2014

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:1

I tore into Friend Robot like she was made of tin. She wasn't, she was made of silicon and plastic and left a bad taste on my soul. Gimme flesh, bone... Hell, gimme ichor and chitin before you shove me through a synthetic. It's like eating the wrapper instead of a sandwich. Didn't help that I'd been expecting blood. So had Shiro. She hesitated as she drew my blade free to a chorus of sparks.

Aw poo poo here we go. Telling Shiro she had to murder a robot was like telling me I wasn't allowed to burn down an orphanage. Some things just go against your moral code, you know?

I could feel her thinking as Friendbot's arm cannon came up, and then-

---

Ueru's internal monologue cut off abruptly as Shiro caught the cryo-blast on his blade. Ice formed all along it, partly countered by a bright orange flame that quickly went out, doused by the powerful cold. It spread up over the hilt and halfway up her synthetic arm, as she snatched her flesh and blood one away before it could suffer any permanent damage.

The sword remained eerily silent as the ice shattered all along the blade and fell to the ground. Shiro flicked it and sheathed it.

"How did these bastards get ahold of something like you?" She said, between the sounds of screaming men and explosions from the other side of the roof. They weren't important right now. "You want to right wrongs, triumph over evil? That doesn't mean you should be fighting me. That means you should be fighting them." She pointed towards the summoning circle with her good hand, waited for the robot to turn her head, and pounced.

A panel popped open on Shiro's elbow and she grabbed the male end of the USB-I wire, spooling out about twelve inches of slack. This she used as a garrote, catching Syb1l over the throat and pulling her into what was basically a :glomp: as she fumbled for the panel under the robot's right ear. It popped open and she plugged in, quickly pulling up a direct interface.

To this, she downloaded every image, video, and wiki-file she could find on Nazis, and Adolf Hitler in particular. It would be trivial for the robot to process (even if it was several terabytes,) and if Shiro had guessed right, the shock value would overload her empathy chips to such a degree that she'd either shut down completely or...

Well, make new friends.

----

Defending against Cryobeam
Weapons: [04:18] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -/+/ +5 = 5
Taking a Moderate "Mega~Frostbyte!" and my 3rd box. Ouch.

Shiro grabs Syb1l and gives her a taste of Nazi friendship to get her to switch sides:
Robotics: [04:23] <Krysmbot> mistaya, +/+- +4 = 5

Syb1l defends with her Will: [04:23] <Krysmbot> Ettin, --/++3 = 2
Hell Yeah :godwin:

mistaya fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 15, 2014

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Anna A.
FP: 1/1

"Ha! You interlopers think we'll believe that, or that you can win?? Witness this mighty gun I wield! I call it the Luger Special! The barrel is the..."

As if her hand was possessed, Anna whipped her SuperS in Da Boss's direction and fired off a snap shot.

"Shut the gently caress up! Can't you see nobody's-" Heat and light and a screaming salaryman cut off the rest of her rant, leaving her dumbstruck. "Oh. That works too."

She took a moment to stop and smell the napalm, only to have the static crackle of defensive magic pull her back to the task at hand. She swapped her clip of hollowpoints out for AM rounds; grey market Arcanotech meant to take out rival casters. She had been saving them for a magical clusterfuck; this situation went two for two. With a word of destruction and a drop of her own blood, the rounds gave off an ashen glow.

"Getting real sick of your bullshit Denny boy!" With a satisfying click, Anna reloaded and began to unload on Dennis and his barrier.

Yeah, no. Shooting this rear end in a top hat. 4dF+4=4
Popping my freebies on Murderface and Move and You're Dead for +4, invoking MGPI for another +2 (and explaining where the bullets came from). Rolling 10 on a Weapon:3.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Map is updated!

Collateral Consequences used: Overloading Power Grid

Juliana

Kai Tave posted:

01:52 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, ///-+5 = 4
Sure Krysmbot, give Ettin the big roll. I'll spend my last Heuristic Combat Analytics to bump that up to 6 Weapon 2.

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+/-+3 = 3 Conan goes to OOOOXX!

"He's not my--" Conan takes a forehead to the face. "DAH!"

Maria

TurninTrix posted:

Using Youkai Extermination to create a Weapon: 4 zone attack using 6 shifts. Casting roll: -++- +3 = 3.
Ouch, uh, I'm going to invoke Occult Troubleshooter on Wheels to mitigate the Backlash and make it an attack roll of 5.

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+--+3 = 2, ///-+3 = 2, -+-++3 = 3, --+++3 = 3

That is enough to take them all out! The Neo-Nazis go down in a psychedelic laser assault; zone 4 is clear.

Shiro

mistaya posted:

Shiro grabs Syb1l and gives her a taste of Nazi friendship to get her to switch sides:
Robotics: [04:23] <Krysmbot> mistaya, +/+- +4 = 5

Syb1l defends with her Will: [04:23] <Krysmbot> Ettin, --/++3 = 2
Hell Yeah :godwin:

"Let_me_go!_Let_me_..."

Syb1l stumbles, then clutches the sides of her head.

"Aaaaah. Aaaaah! AAAAAH!"

White Syb1l is working through some stuff, she will return next round.

MadRhetoric posted:

Yeah, no. Shooting this rear end in a top hat. 4dF+4=4
Popping my freebies on Murderface and Move and You're Dead for +4, invoking MGPI for another +2 (and explaining where the bullets came from). Rolling 10 on a Weapon:3.

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+/++5 = 7 6 stress! Dennis sacrifices 6 of the useless minions to mitigate that, leaving only 9 left to soak damage.

Dennis runs around frantically as Neo-Nazi wizards catch stray shots and fall down around him.

"Leave me alone! You aren't even one of the cool magical girls!"

Ando + Storms

Ronwayne posted:

<Ranbar> moving to zone 4 and shooting Da Boss
<Ranbar> !r 4dF+4
<Krysmbot> Ranbar, /++/+4 = 6
<Destrado> Oh, are we up again?
<Ranbar> Tagging magical girl whats'er face for off screen support
<Ranbar> for +8
<Ranbar> and so hot! for +10
ed: and Your Gun Fu is Weak for +12
Weapon: 3

<Krysmbot> Ettin, -/+++2 = 3 12 stress! The Boss sacrifices the remaining minions to make that 3, and uses an invoke of Magic Shielding to make that 1.

Kalama kind of misses, but most of the remaining wizards are seared so there's that!

Splitting this again, their turns incoming!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
CONAN

"Ha ha! You don't like that, though, do ya?" Conan jumps back and sends electrical energy coursing through her arthame before leaping forward with an overarm strike.

"YAA!"

Evoking some more lightning, channeling 3 shifts for W:3:
<Krysmbot> Ettin, //-/+4 = 3 she invokes her Arthame to make that 5!

WIZARDS

The wizards use their turns to chant!

(Anna and Storms wiped the minions out by the way.)

THE BOSS

The Boss stands tall and proud as the shot misses and the fire merely singes his uniform, exposing hints of an arcane tattoo etched on his chest.

"Now, witness the awesome power of the Luger Special!"

He fires at Storms!

<Krysmbot> Ettin, /+-++7 = 8 The Boss uses his gun kata to apply Shocked if he hits, and also uses that as an excuse to invoke Kung Führer for +2 for a total of 10.

DENNIS

Dennis aims the device on his hand that looks a little like a power glove and sends beams of energy shooting at Anna. They register as augmented reality constructs to her sensors, they slam into crates and send them flying on the way to her face. Someone knows nerd magic!

Using evocation to shoot pixel lasers at Anna! Channeling 3 shifts for w:3 :

<Krysmbot> Ettin, -/+++4 = 5

Okay, you can go!

Ettin fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 18, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria - FP: 1

Ettin posted:

"...Oh, that reminds me."

Amidst the heap of laser yin-yang balls and smoldering Nazi bodies, Maria pulls out that Star Hell Princess wand from earlier. Too bad she never actually got to do the magical girl thing with the rest of the gang. Maybe tomorrow.

"I got your magic right here!" She rides her bike through the debris, chants a spell on the wand and tosses it over to the ritual space. At first, the Star Princess bounces harmlessly against the magic barrier. Then as it rolls to the floor, a red light flashes at the head of the wand, blasting the area with ultrasonic vibrations. The ground starts to break apart and collapse around the ritual circle, with the idea of causing the whole thing to simply fall a billion stories all the way down.

She just hopes the Thules can't fly.

I'm sacrificing Ando's Manikkupikushîdorîmugâru to create a small earthquake in Zone 6.
Lore roll: +/+- +4 = 5 to place Collapsing Ritual with (I think) two free invokes.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 18, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Storms 0/4
OOXO
Shocked
So Hot Right Now x1

The wave of napalm washes over nearly everyone on the edge, blackened dying corpses screaming and falling to the earth far below. Even by Noir standards, this was pretty fuckin' Metal.

So when the big fucker casually let the heat wash over him except for a totally non-gratuitous shirt tearing sequence, Storms had exactly enough time to process a "gently caress" and maybe a "God.DAMMIT" before the stupid stupid pistol fired.

Storms flinched as it grazed him. Small caliber but there was a hell of a lot of mojo pumped through that round. "Missed, rear end in a top hat," he smiles for only a second before hearing the horrible shriek and wet slap behind him. Storms glances behind and spots Kalama's bleeding body, shot down from whatever perch she was standing on, slowly spreading a noir-black bloody smear on the rain streaked roof. Storms looked back at the nazi with hate in his eyes. "You rear end in a top hat. I had already paid her half up front!" He raises his weapon and opens the valve further. "And it was theoretically possible I might have had sex with her at some point in the future." Storms walks the flame forward, trapping the nazis between the fire and the long drop down.

*COUGH* "MARIA, FRAG THE WIZARDS BEFORE SOMETHING COMES THROUGH THE GATE. Anna, KILL ONE OF THESE FUCKERS, I'll push them toward the edge." The torrential rain does almost nothing to dilute the sticky, liquid death pouring out of the kitbashed pressure system. "Come on assholes, its the Twilight of the Gods"

Boss rolled +10 w:3, storms rolls +4 defense
subtotal: Boss +6 w:3
Tagging[Unkillable Cannon Fodder] to drop that to +4 W:3
Taking the collateral consequence [Magical Gutshot Girl Kalama!] to soak 4 stress.
Boss hits with +0 W:3, Storms takes 3 stress and [Shocked]
moving to take the cover in zone 4, if possible, then laying down a spread of napalm. setting [Götterdämmerung (x2?)] Hopefully this is a success with style, so everyone please feel free to use either of the two free tags
okay
time to die
vs 8
<Ettin> It's v 10
<Ettin> Look at the end!!
!r 4dF+4
<Krysmbot> +-+-+4 = 4

setting [Götterdämmerung (x2?)]
r 4dF+4
<Krysmbot> -+/++4 = 5

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 13, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Noir Vision Compel
OOXO|OOOO

Juliana dove aside a split-second before the lightning-charged sword drove into the ground where she'd been standing with an actinic flash that sent her flare compensators into overdrive, electrical discharge arcing from the point of impact to crackle across her body and causing her myoelectric muscles to briefly seize up. The redhead may have been crazy but she was smarter than she looked unfortunately...all it would take was a solid hit from one of those lightning bolts and she'd be in serious trouble.

Well, if it worked for Shiro...

"That's it, go and hide behind your magic sword!," she called out, the curtain of burning napalm erupting behind her lending dramatic weight to the moment. "After all, we both know there's no way you could beat me in a fair fight, and when I lay you out I'm letting all your gamer friends know that 'Princess Conan' brought a sword to a fistfight...and lost!"

Dodging the attack with Athletics:
01:00 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, +///+4 = 5
01:01 Kai_Tave Niiice
01:01 Kai_Tave Well, nice-ish.

So I'm looking at a 3 stress glancing blow. I'll take it, letting it roll up to my 4th stress box.

Then I'm going to try and Provoke Conan into putting the sword aside and fighting stupidly honorably.

01:16 Kai_Tave !r 4dF+2
01:16 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, ++--+2 = 2

Spending my one and only fate point to invoke Conan's Majokko the Destroyer aspect and using one of Ranbar's Götterdämmerung tags for some dramatic background lighting to raise that to a 6.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando FP: 1

Ando looks proudly down from the air vent as the raging fires, shuddering earthquakes, and casual mass-magician-murder rock the rooftop. He raises a triumphant fist and points down at The Boss.

"AND WITNESS THE POWER OF TEAMWORK™1!

He rummages around in his coat for a moment before pulling out a manilla folder marked "FIELD NOTES: MURASAKI SHIRO". As various things explode, combust, or are repeatedly punched around him he flips it open, adjusts his glasses, and studies it intently. Then, with a nod, he closes it with a snap and makes some vaguely arcane gestures with his free hand.

"Sora no..."

He flips the folder open and closed again for a second.

"KOKEI!...?"

When Ando finally has the courage to open his eyes, the flow of battle has obviously continued on without him. One could only reasonably assume that he was now totally invisible and not just dismissed as a non-threat in the wider scheme of rooftop rumbling, like usual. The magic was obviously a great success. He struts confidently across the roof, making silly faces at mooks as he passes.

1Teamwork™ now a registered trademark of ExoCute industries.
_____
Rolling Lore to burn a potion slot: BUREAUCRAT VANISH: 4dF+5 5
Placing We Can Be Shiros for Ando to totally believe he's invisible and be helping from the sidelines.

Destrado fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 20, 2014

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A.
Moderate Consequence: Red Health Rage
Negative Aspect: Unstable Majokko

Something in Anna snapped. What was surprising is that it wasn't her liver or her heart, finally succumbing to the stress and the drugs. It was her pride, her pride in not having pride as a magical girl.

"W-what did you say?" The vulnerable waver in Anna's voice came back with a vengeance. "What did you say you GOONY MOTHERFUCKER?!"

She brought up a hasty shield glyph with her still-smoking barrel. A few lasers broke through; she was out of practice. The pain shot through her like heroin, but it only served to make her angrier. She shoved her SuperS into its holster and rummaged through her jacket again.

"You w-w-want to see some magic, bitch?" She gave a cute smile, "You w-want to see why they called me an 'Act of God' back home?"

With one smooth pull, she brought the Tsunderbuss to bear, the light coming off the unstable prototype turning her cute smile manic.

"Abra-ca-eat poo poo."

That's right, I didn't forget. :smaug:

Defending the magical attack with MG: 4dF+5=4. That leaves one shift, making it a 4-stress hit. Taking a Moderate consequence.

Self-compelling MGPI to go back to Megahomu mode, placing the negative aspect Unstable Majokko on myself.

And now somebody dies. Shooting Dennis with the Tsunderbuss. 4dF+4=5. Popping the other freebie on Move and You're Dead for +2. Popping one freebie on Collapsing Ritual for +2. If there's no opposition greater than Fair against Storms' tag, taking the other freebie on Götterdämmerung for +2. Spending my newly gained FP on The Zone for one more +2. Lucky number 13, Weapon:6 I think?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

As the white-haired robot froze up, Shiro lowered her gently into a sitting position. "I'll come back for you." She unplugged and let the wire snap back into her arm, then drew Ueru and advanced over shaking roof tiles towards the summoning circle itself.

"Wake up, sleepyhead."

The kid's voice brought me back from a dark cold place. Friend-bot's ice-beam had been strong enough to quench my soulflame for a minute or two, which meant it was downright nasty. I'd have demanded some retribution for that but she was already down. drat.

"Kyûkei o seigen."
(Limit Break.)

The shackles that bound my power fell free and I gasped as Shiro handed herself over. I saw the world through her eyes, felt the wind on her skin, smelled the burning bodies through her nose. The blade in our hands began to glow hot white.

There were a thousand ways to act, to stop the ritual, but Shiro had given the choice to me. Which meant she wanted it messy. Maria had the right idea, attacking the circle. I jumped, spinning once in the air. The sword's blade widened, extended, into a blistering white arc chased by blue lightning. It came down in a thunderous smash, straight across the circle and everything around it.

----

Shiro is staying in the zone with Syb1l and doing an Area attack on Zone 6 with the intent of either killing any sorcerers who are left alive or disrupting the ritual if they aren't. Force Evocation spell, 5 shifts. Weapons: [22:04] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /+-/ +6 = 6. -2 shifts for making a zone attack so it's a 6, W:3 hit.

Use any tags that are still free, I think Maria has one and Storms might have one, not sure.

Shiro's Health/Mana:

Physical: ()()(X) ()
Mental: (X)(X)()()
Mild:
Moderate: Mega FrostByte!
Severe:

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 22, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
DENNIS

<Krysmbot> Ettin, +--/+3 = 2

BOOM

Most of Dennis is lifted off the floor and launched backwards, over the edge of the Ball.

THE REST

Storms got a success with style! Also things are bad enough that I'm doing it now. :getin:

The Boss staggers back and surveys the damage. Shiro is blasting away the wizards, the ritual is crumbling...

"Hmph." He drops his gun and reaches for his jacket buttons. "Only one thing left to do. I pray the ritual has progressed enough..."

Conan is cracking her knuckles. "A fistfight with a robot is implicitly unfair, you idiot! But fine, I'll rip off your head and WHAT ARE YOU DOING."

The Boss opens his shirt and jacket, revealing a familiar set of circles on his chest. "I changed everything to bring our leader back. I became a hero. It is my duty to make one last sacrifice!"

Conan looks between the Boss and Juliana, then turns and dashes for the edge of the Ball. Just as your brain registers that Conan would rather jump off the arcology and take her chances than stay here, the Boss shouts...

"SHUIZN, TAKE ME!"

Inky tendrils tear out of the Boss' skin and flicker in the air. For just a moment, you think you see the circle complete...

And then the Boss disappears, there's a flash of magic, and the world warps.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
:siren: This applies to anyone reading Transeldritch who isn't actually in it. :siren:

So what just happened is the bad guy, who had previously made a bargain with Shuizn to trade some of his aspects for other boosts, just sacrificed all his aspects - effectively removing himself from the mortal world - to allow Shuizn into the area for the briefest of moments, hoping the being would do him a solid and complete the Thule Society's goals. This might actually happen!

Here is the trick: Shuizn's deal is that it exists outside of this setting, and wants to force its way into the universe and insert its own canon into the proceedings. I want to have some fun with this, and so I'm going to go and ask everyone reading this who isn't in Transeldritch - spectators/lurkers and members of the other games, though I'll prioritise the former - to suggest what should happen. :getin:

The only real caveats are that Shuizn can't summon Cthulhu or something, the PCs are immune from major changes, and Shuizn can't touch the anime stores or their employees. Besides that, I am willing to summon NPCs from other games (not necessarily NTech games), create new NPCs and drop them in, alter or relocate existing NPCs or factions, add or change plot events, add or remove locations, resurrect the dead, etc. etc. Feel free to surprise me!

(If anyone in Miami wants to change the rules we're using now is also a good time.)

OOC thread is here, you should post in it. I will give this a couple days, maybe more if the players want to wait and hear more.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Noir Vision Compel
OOXX|OOOO

"I'm not a bloody robot you jumped-up LARPer," Juliana shot back, but whatever else she was about to say was abruptly cut off both by the sudden change in the swordswoman's demeanor and the alarms popping up on her HUD (which had begun to ominously flicker between black-and-white and color).

quote:

WARNING WARNING WARNING

Electromagnetic buildup detected
Fluctuations in localized n-space
Arcanic radiation surge [3,643 Æ and rising]
[!]:.**THAUMATURGICAL ALERT**
[!]:.**THAUMATURGICAL ALERT**

"Oh gently caress," she breathed (or as close to it as she could manage), whipping the submachine gun towards the fanatical neo-Nazi as he tore his shirt off to reveal his tattoo...but even with cybernetic speed she knew she wasn't going to be able to stop him in time. "Everybody down!," she shouted as she dove for cover, the world going white around her...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 0/4
OOXO
Shocked
So Hot Right Now x1

"I repeat; complete, loving, rear end in a top hat." Storms was already regretting his mythological reference. While it had sounded badass and nazi-killing related at the time, he had just remembered that pretty much everyone died at ragnarok. gently caress. Well, there one only one thing to do in such a situation. Grab at most one (1) teammate (optional) and run like a motherfucker. He stared at his team. Everyone there seemed ace at either disappearing or taking a huge hit, except him...and the subcontractor he hired that bleeding out in the back ground.

He turns toward his teammate. "Come on Maria, I know this is your thing, could you shut this rear end in a top hat down and buy some time while I get our wounded out of here?" Storms unslings the flamethrower, opens all the valves with fuel spilling everywhere and chucks it at the circle.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 23, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Oh, what the gently caress."

Maria doesn't need her bike to tell her what's about to happen now. If she can't stop that guy from finishing the ritual... how is she supposed to stop a canon-eating god? She mentally asks for help, yet her bike falls silent on that regard. Fine, she needs to do this herself.

"Get everyone out, Storms!" She steps off her bike and pulls out a paper talisman. A flash of magic starts to envelope the area. Maria runs right toward the light, placing a Hakurei barrier between Shuizn and her group.

"Spirit Sign: Fantasy Seal!"

The light overcomes her.

Storms needs an invoke, so I'll using up my magic item to place the above aspect while I can.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

fgsefgs

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 23, 2014

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Moriyuki Ando FP:1

As the remaining Nazis scream and the Hyperboreans take the express route to the ground floor, Ando silently congratulates himself on how successfully invisible he has become. No-one even notices when he walks up behind Maria, but that might have something to do with the distracting wave of reality-searing light that suddenly washes over the rooftop. Ando realises he only has a moment befo-

---

In a dimly lit office, in another place, Ando raised himself off the cheap stamped-metal desk he was slumped across. His tongue pushed the taste of stale cigars around his mouth. He looked down at his loosened tie, felt the stubble beginning to bud on his cheeks. He felt decidedly different.

He'd heard stories about this. He must be Off The Clock. Ando was never Off The Clock.

Somewhere out in the mist The Dial must still have been pulsing, a beacon of shining, stable genre convention in a black night of twisted... something or other. It mustn't be that strong. Ando slid open the bottom desk drawer, noting the bottle of cheap scotch nestled with the pair of chipped glasses with a smile. Wait, no, that wasn't right. With a wry grin. No, a snarl. Ando snarled at the scotch in deference to genre. He pulled it out of its nest and poured a few fingers into each glass.

He waited. He practiced snarling again. If the event horizon had been as fast as he thought it'd been, it was only the genre influence keeping everything together. Eventually, as per convention, his office door opened. Because there's always a Dame with a Problem.

He squinted across the gloom, making out the vague shape of Maria, or something like her. Genre be damned, why did the only light in the room have to be this cheap desk lamp? He found himself speaking, not in the carefully-calculated-statistically-average accent proscribed by the ExoCute sales manual, but the clipped, jangling syllables of his youth.

"My advice is not to fight it," he said, pushing out the rickety wooden client chair with his foot.

"It's common in my line of work to think of bureaucracy as a crude form of magic. It's inaccurate, but helpful." He took a sip of the scotch. This time his snarl was genuine, though the coughing ruined the image.

"Every wizard learns to deal with powers greater than themselves. That's pretty much the job description. In your case you bound it, rode atop it. It's an admirable piece of craft."

Light started to stream through the dented blinds. Ando wheeled his chair around studied it intently. "But it's not going to work this time. This is bigger than anything. Faster, uglier. If you set yourself against it like this it's not just going to destroy you, it'll unmake you. So don't fight it. It doesn't matter what a power like this wants, what it needs. It's just an authority to be placated. A hierarchy to be insinuated into."

The reality-searing light outside the window got brighter still. There wasn't a lot of time left. Ando shielded his eyes with his non-whisky hand. "Make yourself small. Make yourself available. Make the secret, vital parts of yourself safe and discard the rest. The only way to survive a magical power like this is to become a part of it. Then you direct it from the inside. Softly. Subtly."

He sighed.

"It's inaccurate to call bureaucracy a form of magic. You need to understand. True magic is a form of bureaucracy."

He drained his glass with a grimace. He left the other on the table. "A pleasure working with you, Miss Santore."

And then the light burst through the window, and everything changed again.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm going to credit the people who suggested these things as they come up. The biggest and most wonderful suggestion came from goon Fellis, who sent it in PM so I don't have to tell you about it. :getin:

Time freezes, and everything around you is covered in a translucent white mist. You have colour, but you can barely move or speak. The only sound is a ringing in your ears.

The world flickers and changes, like someone is trying to paste a different one over it and letting them overlap. In the mist, you see shapes...

Anna

Anna finds herself standing next to... herself. She's a little faded like everything else, but she's wearing one of Anna's magical girl outfits and looking at something Anna can't see with an expression of hopeful anticipation, her SuperS smoking in her hand.

She glances sideways and spots Anna. There's a moment of confusion, and then she grins and throws Anna the peace sign.

The moment fades.

Storms

The mist envelops Kalama, and something within her bursts into flame in response. The mists snap at the edges, straining...

The moment fades. Kalama isn't there when you snap back to reality.

Maria

This lady is standing next to you:

She doesn't seem to notice you for the second this moment lasts before it fades.

Ando

Ando gets that stuff he just posted, because that owns.

Juliana

Juliana's electronic sensors see everything a little differently - the mist is still there, but it's stronger, and there are massive tendrils trying to coil around everyone. They mist is repelled a few inches from you, and the patches of safe ground it seem unable to tread on on look suspiciously like the floor of Sully's store...

Shiro

Shiro sees Ueru! Human Ueru, wearing a shinigami's uniform and a big smug smirk. He's wielding an unfamiliar sword with paper talismans and decorative strings hanging from the hilt which looks pretty rad. He's too busy smirking to notice you before the moment fades.

Then reality comes back.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Reality

Everything seems normal now. There might be something going on in the background, who knows. You'll have plenty of time to notice that later!

What you notice right now is the figure standing in the middle of what remains of the ritual circle, looking very confused.

It is literally Hitler.

Alright, your turns are up! Everyone gets the boost Let's Kill Hitler.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Moriyuki Ando FP: 1

____
(1:13:28 AM) Krysmbot: Destrado, +-+++2 = 4
(1:13:58 AM) Destrado: Yep, that's a fuhrer-piercing shot, all right.

Pretty sure I still have a tag on We Can Be Shiros and probably some other things but let's not sully this with numbers

Destrado fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 31, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Again, what the gently caress." Maria barely catches a glimpse of the stranger before everything goes back to normal. Also that weird thing with Ando. Which was totally weird.

Well, no use thinking about this stuff so much. After all, she sees a Hitler. And her fantasy seal still works.

She projects the seal forward to bind the Fuhrer and does this:

Guns roll: +++/ +4 = 7, invoking Spirit Sign: Fantasy Seal to make it 9.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
OOXX|OOOO

Saturday February 11 2119(?), ?:??PM EST

One moment Juliana was on the roof of the Metroplex Arcology about to challenge a crazy LARPer to a fistfight, then the neo-Nazi occultist heading up a ritual of unknown origin did something catastrophically stupid...

...and then everything went white.

When she had been working for MI-5, only about a year after she'd joined, she had been part of a raid on what intelligence strongly suggested was a black market dealer in illegal occult materials. Intelligence was wrong, and they wound up in the middle of something much, much nastier as a domestic terror cell of what would later be classified as a splinter group of the Xanthic Storm attempted a Category 6 summoning in the middle of downtown London. She would never forget the moment that something reached out of the distortion in reality the cultists had breached and snatched up Agent Prescott, four years her senior. It was the last time she ever saw him...literally. One moment he was there, the next he was simply gone, vanished from existence as though someone had removed a frame from a video feed.

She wondered if, from his perspective, it had looked anything like this.

After a quick moment she ruled out the possibility that she was dead largely due to the fact that her HUD was still active...Juliana wasn't especially religious, but she liked to think that if there was an afterlife that whoever was in charge would be considerate enough to at least not leave her stuck in a bloody cyborg chassis while she was there. So not dead, but that didn't narrow things down much. She could see in color again, not that it did her much good, but her systems were throwing up a cascade of errors...all wireless network communication lost, internal GPS systems returning impossible coordinates, temperature readings that read the local atmosphere as being simultaneously four degrees below absolute zero and at the boiling point of lead...

The one report that she didn't suspect was inaccurate were the Æ-band readings informing her that she was awash in arcanic radiation. Wherever she was, whatever was going on, she was literally soaking in dangerous amounts of magic. She idly reached for her gun only to discover that she didn't seem to be able to move...she could see, she could think, but her body was frozen in place.

A tentacle reached for her.

She tried to step backwards, tried to raise her arms to ward it off, but even as it writhed and lashed in front of her it didn't grab for her. No, that wasn't quite right...it couldn't grab her, she realized. She watched as it coiled around her in frustration, but try as it might it couldn't seem to get closer than a few inches. And there were more of them, what looked like dozens, all trying to grab hold of somebody (all of whom also seemed frozen in place), but they didn't seem to be having any more luck with the rest of her associates than they were with her.

Maybe Maria had managed to establish a ward in time? Glancing down she noticed that the "ground" beneath the others' feet had a suspiciously familiar look to it. "Wait a second, is that-?"

Saturday February 11 2119, 11:25PM EST

Juliana stumbled forward as time and space suddenly reasserted themselves. She reflexively grabbed for her gun only to discover that it wasn't there anymore. "Sound off!," she shouted while the host of internal error messages vanished from her display as her readings returned to normal. "Is everyone still there!?"

As she scanned the roof to make sure that the others were still alive and (mostly) intact, that's when she saw him. Utterly, absolutely unmistakable, from the part in his hair to the ugly little strip of mustache on his upper lip. "Oh you absolute wankers," she breathed. "You actually bloody did it." The Thule Society had actually managed to summon (or resurrect, magical theory had never been her strong suit) the one and only Adolf Hitler.

And...that was about it, really. The world around them didn't seem to have been thrown into turmoil, there was no legion of Nazi cyborgs or otherworldly abominations accompanying der Führer, just him. Just one of history's greatest monsters on a secluded rooftop alcove along with six heavily armed individuals violently opposed to fascism.

It was almost, almost enough to make her feel sorry for him. Almost.

"Hey Adolf!," she shouted as she pushed other concerns to the back of her mind for the moment, vaulting over cover and dashing towards the newly instantiated dictator, rearing back for a haymaker punch. "This one's for Queen and country you goose-stepping arsehole!"

Literally the only picture I can find for "Captain Britain Punching Hitler," deal with it.

06:48 Kai_Tave !r 4dF+5
06:48 Krysmbot Kai_Tave, /--/+5 = 3

Spending Let's Kill Hitler and my remaining fate point because gently caress you Hitler to make that 7, W:2.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 31, 2014

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A.
Moderate Consequence: Red Health Rage
Negative Aspect: Unstable Majokko

Anna awkwardly waved at her faded self. "Holy poo poo I looked dumb in that outfit," she thought, before reality mugged her.

She clutched at her now aching head; reality warping was a bitch on Majokkos. "Shitfucking cu-" she saw Hitler, "Is that loving Hitler?" She rubbed at her eyes, "This is reality, right? I'm not going through alcoholic hallucinosis again?" Hitler shook in a way that Anna interpreted as a "yes".

"Okay, cool. Always wanted to kill a historical figure." She drew the katana Ando had given her, unstable magical power flaring as she pumped it through her aching body and noodly limbs. <"Prepare yourself.">

She took a few practice swings while everyone else got their licks in, then made a textbook decapitating slice to der Furher's neck.

Eh, Anna's an Axis kid :v:.

MG-enhanced swing with Ando's other toy. 4dF+5=5, popping my last FP to invoke Let's Kill Hitler! because why the hell not. 7 with W:2 or 3?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Phantom pain spread through the limbs that were no longer there, limbs taken by something that was like SHUIZEN, and yet utterly unlike it. Shiro curled in on herself, feet leaving the ground as her hair floated around her. She clutched the katana to her chest, though she could no longer feel Ueru's presence within it, or within herself. Opening her eyes, she watched the bright mist all around her, the Outsider writhing just inches from her and yet could not touch her.

Odd.

She looked to her left, and there he was. The plastic toy that the Magical Girl dial setting had made of Ueru did the man no justice. He was... Wow. Tall, rugged, and smirking. The paper talismans hanging from his sword carried familiar spells, things he'd taught her himself. Except for one, which just read "Katsuo". A name? Whose?

For a brief second she wondered if it was his power keeping SHUIZEN at bay, but no, that didn't feel right. Ueru had been at the elder being's mercy just like the rest of them. Her feet touched down on familiar tile that did not belong.

Sully.

Reality reasserted itself.

"COME BACK HERE YOU loving TEASE!" Ueru shouted, shaking Shiro's fist at the air. The girl's body staggered slightly as Shiro regained control of her own flesh. "Nnnnnngh." she managed, when Juliana asked everyone to call out. She felt dizzy, disoriented. She'd gotten this kind of feeling before, in the Dreamlands, where reality was more fluid. It meant something had changed. But before it'd always been a prickle on the back of her neck, a sense of something unseen. This was overpowering.

Hitler might have something to do with it. She blinked when she recognized him standing there in front of them. Killing Hitler would render the Thule's sacrifice pointless, but they'd paid and SHUIZEN had delivered as promised. Which meant it now had whatever it wanted from them. Which was really bad news.

Still, it wasn't like they could let Hitler walk away from all this. While Anna went for the clean beheading stroke, Shiro aimed lower, a horizontal slash across the belly. She'd tasted so little blood during this battle, the guards in the elevator weren't nearly enough to satisfy her. So much suffering caused by one man's vision, so much failure and death. If he couldn't dispose of himself honorably, she would do it for him.

Tasted?

Something was wrong. Hell maybe everything was wrong now, but setting it right started with this. She was sure of it.

----

Shiro just goes for a flat sword slash. Rolling Weapons:
[20:24] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -++- +5 = 5, Tagging "Let's Kill Hitler" for a 7, W:3 attack.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms

Well, time to take stock,

A) Either Kalama wasn't dead or at least there wasn't any evidence she WAS

B) Everyone is joining in the violence so he can at least blame peer pressure for his actions.

C) Its motherfucking Hitler.

It seemed reality had just realigned to support his every wish. For an elder cthonic being reaching into the walls of reality, things were looking surprisingly up. Even fact he had just chucked his weapon meant he could do this the fun way. He had drawn slower than everyone, but in a moment the tomahawk is in his hand and flying toward Hitler's head. Much like WWII, it took the American a while to get into action, but once he was there, he was awesome.

-1 supp action
4-//-+5 = 7

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 2, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Hitler practically explodes. Storms' tomahawk hits his head as Anna slices it off, sending it tumbling over the arcology's edge and...

Hmm.

Saturday February 11 2119, 8:45PM PST

That's new.

Significant milestone! +1 skill point (cap's still in place though), you can rename any severe consequences you have, and all the benefits of a minor milestone. Hang tight for Chapter 2!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

quote:

Seattle (pron.: /siːˈætɫ̩/ or /siːˈæɾɫ̩/), often referred to as Seattle Downtown, is a coastal seaport city in the U.S. state of Washington and the seat of the Seattle Metroplex. With an estimated 1,436,535 residents as of 2116, Seattle is the largest city in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. According to the N.E.G. Census Bureau, the Seattle Metroplex is the 17th largest urban area in the United States, with a population of around 9 million. A major gateway for trade with Asia, Seattle is the 5th largest port in the United States and 4th largest in North America in terms of occult activity.

quote:

wuxia [ˈwuːˌʃiːˈɑː, from Mandarin 武俠 (wǔxiá, “martial hero”)]
noun
1. A genre of Chinese fiction concerning the adventures of martial artists.

Saturday February 11 2119, 8:46PM PST

You're not the only people that blast of magic sent here! White Syb1l is still convulsing nearby, and--

boom

-- A big suit of powered armour with a pink, flowery paint job which used to be waiting on a nearby ledge smashes upside-down into the floor in front of you. Its speakers crackle, and Kelly's woozy voice leaks out.

"magical... ride-armour... antoinette... gOOF"

The mecha topples and bounces on its stomach, trapping Kelly in the cockpit.

Thanks to RulebookHeavily and Gorbash for choosing the location and providing art!

You can refresh now, by the way.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 2, 2014

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Moriyuki Ando FP:2

<What in the poo poo.>

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Juliana watched with no small degree of satisfaction as shortly after punching him square in the jaw the newly resurrected Adolf Hitler disintegrated in a rapid hail of gunfire and bladework, a hatchet to the forehead punctuating the anticlimax of his return nicely. So much for the Fourth Reich. "Well," she said, dusting her hands off as she watched Hitler's decapitated head sail gracefully over the edge of the arcology roof. "That takes care of-"

quote:

[!]:./action.SYSTEM.CONFIG
Set timezone: Pacific Standard (8:47:32 PST)
Tracking location, GPS coordinates updated: 47°36′35″N 122°19′59″W (Seattle Downtown, Washington)
Accessing PanPacific Ltd. telecommunication network...
Wireless uplink established.

"-that? What the hell?" She blinked as the message popped up on her HUD, quickly running an internal diagnostic even as she made her way over to the edge of the roof and looked down at the city below...the city that was distinctly different than the one they'd last been in less than 12 hours ago. "Bollocks. All right, obviously something happened when that ritual went off. Besides Hitler, I mean. Is everyone all right? Nobody left anything behind when we...translocated?"

She stepped back as something big and heavy...and pink, very pink...suddenly slammed into the ground in front of them hard enough to crack the roof, bringing her fist back to strike in case something else had followed them across the country...but she quickly lowered it when she heard the voice coming over the speakers of the upturned power suit. "Oh my god, Kelly? Oh thank god you're all right," she said with an unaccountable sense of relief, quickly rushing over and effortlessly rolling the armored suit over onto its back before searching for an emergency hatch release somewhere on the cockpit exterior. "Hold on okay, don't move. I'll have you out of there in a moment. You aren't hurt, are you?"

Gonna update/tweak Juliana once I've thought it over some.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Maria looks down far enough to see Hitler's head and body plummet down into the streets of... not Miami, it seems. This is definitely not the same skyline that she saw a few minutes ago. Huh. Guess that light was more than just a weird moment. Involuntary teleportation isn't the worst thing she's experienced on the job, either.

"I'm fine, I think." Her bike made it out just fine, though apparently the magic hurled her over to the side. While the others take care of Kelly and her mech (???), Maria heads over to her bike and lifts it back upright. "You okay?" She asks, though the Beast just replies with a mumbled confirmation. Guess that brief glimpse of Shuizn shook her up a lot. Maria couldn't blame her.

"Hmm." She checks if her AR glasses still work, then patches a call back to Hakurei's Miami HQ. "Hey, Santore here. No, don't ask why I'm not in the city. Long story. Need to check, are you getting any weird reports from the Ball arcology as of... an hour ago?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"...man, that was pretty hosed up, but pretty rad too...what the hell." Storms looks down, the bullet graze is gone, and his festive tropical shirt replaced by some flannel abomination. The obnoxious truckerhat seems to be intact though, thank god. He peers over the edge of the building. "I'm guessing we're not in Kansas/Miami anymore?" Storms looks at the gloomy cityscape and feels a bit depressed before he notices the burning exploding building in the distance. "Its starting to feel like home already."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It was immediately apparent why she'd been disoriented. Translocation was not friendly to magical senses. Shiro rubbed her temples and checked her internal GPS.

"Seattle?! Wareware wa Seattle de nani o shite iru no?"
(Seattle? What are we doing in Seattle?)

<Getting some coffee to wash the taste of Hitler out of my mouth.> Ueru grumbled.

Shiro grunted in agreement as she looked at the unfamiliar lights below. All of SHUIZEN's tricks so far had only been annoyances, really. Things she could take in stride, adjust to accept. But this? This was more than a translocation. They were stuck here for a while, she just knew it.

She'd liked Miami! Her ratty little apartment had been the first place she'd been able to call home since Yuki died. She had her contracting job with Hakurai that wasn't so bad there. And, and, now WHO WOULD FEED THE ROBOT FISH? Their little batteries would run out and if she ever got back they'd be floating belly up in the tank...

Kelly's mech crashed onto the roof behind her and Shiro spun around. Once she realized it wasn't a threat her lip stuck out in a pout. "You're going to break it if you do that!" She started to stalk over to give Kelly a stern talking to, but then realized that White Syb1l (the name had been plastered all over her coding) was still with them. She was probably the only one there who could fix Syb1l (bullets and fists didn't count as "fixing" to Shiro) so she sighed and approached the robot carefully just in case she hadn't quite figured out which side she was on yet.

<It'll be ok.> Ueru whispered. <Hey, at least the running monologue finally quit.>

Shiro just grunted again and popped the panel on Syb1l's neck.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Juliana

Kelly Hua Emily Pierce
Aspects: "Ohmigawd, totally!", Super High School Level Hacker, "Magical Ride-Armor Antoinette GO!"

Kelly Emily hit her head on the cockpit ceiling, but she'll be fine! Juliana helps her out, and Emily stands... then realises Juliana can totally scan her face and run a facial recognition search.

She dives behind her mecha. "NOPE NOPE NOPE!"

Too late! "Kelly" is Emily Pierce, the daughter of South Florida Metroplex councilwoman Ai Gumizawa and prestigious biotech researcher Richard Pierce, who happens to work at Marutoma Corporation in Seattle.

Which explains a lot about Kelly if you think about it.

Shiro

White Syb1l might be mostly mechanical underneath her synthetic flesh, but she's more than the sum of her parts - a sentient, intelligent being, influenced by her programming but not defined by it.

Which makes it pretty weird when Shiro discovers the shorted-out control chip in her neck.

Maria

They sensed the disturbance on the roof! The "local authorities" (read: OOI) are probably going to check that out themselves, but a nearby Hakurei facility got messed up and it would be really cool if Maria could come back.

You can switch characters! :buddy:

Ettin fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 2, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

"Uh, really? Well, Murasaki's here too, what about he-" Maria suddenly flinches and covers her ears from all the yelling on the other end. "Okay, okay, I got it. I'm going there. Have someone send me a situation report, I'll be there in an hour if I can make it to a drat train."

Cutting off the call, she takes a long look at the others, places her hand over her forehead and sighs. Well, can't say she really wants to leave with things as they are. But she has a day job too. "Company call." Maria says to the others with a shrug. "Guess we left a huge mess earlier, they need me to help clean up."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"Hey, uh, now that I think about it, shouldn't we get the hell out of here, considering we DID just commit murder two with evidence?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 2, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Juliana blew out an (entirely unnecessary) breath as she got the cockpit hatch open and saw that Kelly was all right...a bit shaken up, maybe a bump on the head, but otherwise unharmed. The next thing she noticed was that the girl in the power suit only slightly resembled the picture of the girl that had invited herself into her systems and hijacked her HUD.

She only got a quick glance at her before she darted behind the fallen power suit in a panic, but when your eyes were linked to a high-speed quantum CPU with wireless access to variety of federal and international law enforcement databases a quick glance was all it took.

quote:

Running ID scan:
Querying APTO facial recognition database
Querying South Florida Metroplex criminal database (crossreference with Seattle Metroplex y/n?)
Crossreferencing with Interpol Red Notice list and OOI Most Wanted
Match found: Pierce, Emily, D.O.B...

That...was not what she had been expecting, frankly. Both finding an ID that easily in the first place as well as the ID itself. Unless this was an amazing forgery (a possibility she wasn't about to dismiss out of hand, though judging by the girl's reaction it didn't seem especially likely) then their mystery hacker wasn't a government agent or even with some private sector organization. She was a high-school student, one with a record sprinkled full of honor awards and reprimands for truancy in almost equal measure. Two parents, both living, one a Metroplex councilwoman in Miami and the other working for a biotech firm...

Well that probably explained her spotty attendance record, then. And her having the apartment all to herself. And the collection of high-end electronic intrusion equipment along with her predilection for hacking into anything she could get her hands on. A gifted young individual, absentee parents, a lack of supervision...it was classic acting-out behavior, really.

It didn't explain the power suit, though. Or why it was pink.

"You have some explaining to do, young lady," Juliana said, pointing at Kelly (Emily, whatever her name was). "I'd ask if your parents know where you are...where you were, anyway...but I think I can guess the answer to that. Well...at least you're not hurt," she said a trifle less sternly, looking her over once again just to make sure she hadn't missed anything.

She glanced over at Maria as the miko checked in with Hakurei...a reminder that she was going to need to call the branch office to let them know where she was in case somebody tried to reach her. Judging by the parts of the call she could hear things back in Miami sounded they were blowing up (perhaps literally), but hopefully they'd at least put a stop to the Thule Society messing around with things they shouldn't. "That's all right, perfectly understandable. Do you need a hand? If there's anything we can do to help you know how to reach us. And watch yourself out there, all right? You know what Miami's like," she said with a small grin.

With that she turned towards Storms and nodded. "We probably should leave, yes. I'd have an easier time smoothing things over with the local authorities if we were still back in Miami instead of suddenly on the other side of the bloody country for some reason. There's an AEI branch office somewhere in Seattle that deals in aerospace R&D, I can probably liaise with them if I need to, but for now we ought to find somewhere safe where we can get our bearings and figure out what the hell happened back there."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Storms 4/4

"Actually, nooooope. As long as we divorce ourselves from the severed head 150 stories below us, being documented as being across the country when said Miami incident occurred would probably be a good thing." Storms pulls out his turned off comm-link and with a shudder, considers turning it on. "I can check see which one of my contacts still exist and if any are in the area, and definitely with my lawyer."

Rolling Sleaze to find contacts for an infodump about Seattle as well as Storms fairly extensive network of legal advisers to set a block/advantage against anyone trying to link us with the ritual massacre...or if said massacre even happened."
!r fudge+5
++/++5 = 8
<TurninTrix> :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Destrado posted:

Moriyuki Ando FP:2

<What in the poo poo.>

Anna A.

<"gently caress if I know, sarariman">. Anna defaulted to lighting a cigarette, letting the smoke join the Seattle gloom. She held out the pack to Ando. <"Want one?">

• Locked thread