Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana

The peaceful surroundings of the Hakurei shrine were almost enough to make Juliana forget her irritation over being in Miami in the first place.

Two months now since Dubai and she'd spent that time stuck in corporate limbo and listening to a procession of people tell her that "things were being taken care of" and of course she still had her job, don't be ridiculous, these things just take time to sort out is all. When she wasn't being asked to provide fire support for high-value protection details gone awry or getting caught up in feuds between weapons manufacturers, that is.

And then she'd been transferred to Miami.

She might have said a few things that, under different circumstances, would ordinarily have led to her employment with AEI being terminated, but they had anticipated her reaction and countered with a well-rehearsed and insufferably irrefutable series of counter-arguments, primary among them that while she had managed to root out a major security leak in AEI's Dubai Headquarters there were six other major branches of AEI around the world. In light of the Dubai Incident, Husam ibn Farouq al-Din was concerned about other similar breaches in security, and the one person he knew he could turn to whose trustworthiness was beyond reproach was her. It had been flattering to hear that, of course, and she would be lying if she said that the prospect of finding more of those bastards from Dubai to punch wasn't appealing...but it still meant accepting a transfer to Miami.

So here she was, halfway around the world in a city that resembled a neon fever dream, ostensibly reporting to the head of AEI Miami's Special Projects Division, which meant that in addition to conducting her own personal evaluation of the Miami Branch's security to make sure that they weren't about to have a repeat of Dubai on their hands she was also responsible for handling assignments like this. Another "favor" for Hakurei, who judging by how often they needed favors like this could use a security audit themselves.

Still, it wasn't all bad, she thought to herself as everyone milled about in the shrine waiting for the Hakurai representative to finally arrive. At least she knew some of the people here. "Well hello. It's Espinoza, right?," she said, extending her hand towards the dark-haired man with a smile. "We met back in Dubai. Well I'm glad to see you made it through all that in one piece, though I can't say I was expecting to see you here."

quote:

Juliana Morgan

High Concept: Six Million Dollar Woman (Adjusting for Inflation)

Trouble: I Never Asked For This

Backstory: Type A Personality

Yomikiri: Brain In a Jar

Volume Three: Absolutely, Positively Will Not Stop

OVA: A Cut-Glass Accent and a Gun Will Get You Further Than a Gun Alone

Omake Aspect: Corporate Knight-Errant

Skills:
+5 Alertness, Physique
+4 Xenodiplomatic Security Service, Guns
+3 Will, Athletics
+2 Rapport, Provoke
+1 Driving, Systems

Powers:
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Supernatural Toughness (Catch: high-voltage electricity & cyberwarfare attacks +1, common knowledge +2) [-1]
Supernatural Senses [-1] (thermal, ultrasound, and X-ray vision modes)

Stunts:
Panzerfaust: Can use Physique instead of Fists for brawling.

Stress:
Physical ()()()()()()()() +1 Mild Consequence
Mental ()()()()
Social ()()()

Gear: Handgun, Submachine Gun, Official AEI identification badge

Refresh: 1/8

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana

Ronwayne posted:

Arlington raises his AR glasses and extends his hand. "Holee sheyit! Julia, right? Its been awhile since the thing. I'd ask how you've been but I'm not sure if I'd want to know or you'd want to say. But yeah, Espinoza, Storms, Arlington, "Hey, You!" Any of those work."

"Juliana," she corrected without any rancor, "and I'm afraid I've been up to more of the same, but I've been well, thank you. I'll stick with Espinoza for now," she said with a chuckle. "It's good to see you though. I can finally make good on that drink I owe you."

Ronwayne posted:

"Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to be back here either. I kinda got into this line of work to get out of this town." He sighs. "Its only gotten pinker and more touristy than when I left. I was kinda hoping Hurricane Hatsuko would've rolled the Ball into the Gulf, but no such luck...nice bit of kitch with the shrine here, though. I'm glad to see tacky done in someone else's culture." Storms leans on one of the posts of the wooden bridge going over the fake stream. "They mention who else was showing up? Usually I get a bit concerned when there's a freelancer call, means they don't want it to end up in someone's files..."

"Oh, so you're from here? Well it's very..." Juliana cast around for something polite to say about Miami, then finally gave up after a moment. "Anyway no, sorry, all I was told is that I'd be working alongside several 'consultants' and that Hakurei would provide more details once I was onsite...though if they've called in the both of us I can hazard a guess as to what sort of mess they have on their hands this time," she said dryly. "Whatever arrangement AEI has with Hakurei it's all very hush-hush, apparently above my paygrade, but if it's anything like the last little crisis of theirs I had to help 'mediate' I hope you still have some of that C-12 left."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 1

mistaya posted:

"Storms!" she called, waving enthusiastically as she dashed (arms held behind her in true ninja fashion) over to him and caught him up in a feet-off-the-ground-hug. "I didn't know they would be asking my good-luck charm along. It's nice to see you again." She put the man down and bowed solemnly to Juliana. "You as well, Morgan-san. I wasn't told what the mission would be, but Hakurei is Hakurei." She shrugged, as if that explained something. "I wonder what they're sending us to kill today?"

Juliana's eyes widened as Espinoza was suddenly hefted bodily off the ground by yet another familiar face from Dubai. "Ah, yes, it's good to see you too...Shiro, was it?," she said, returning the bow gratefully, not just because she wasn't really one for a whole lot of touchy-feely stuff but because she was still getting used to her new body and didn't want to accidentally crack any of other woman's ribs should she try to hug her as well. "Well this is turning into a regular reunion, isn't it? And that settles it...if they're bringing all three of us in on this then something must have gone pear shaped."

"By the way," she added a bit awkwardly, "sorry for, ah, trying to hit you earlier. In Dubai, I mean. I was having a bit of a difficult day."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TurninTrix posted:

Maria rides into the shrine loud on her Eldrtichbike, rock music blasting on her earphones in case the Beast wants to bug her today. She spots a few figures in the distance and probably ruins the mood of the place for them. No tweed suits yet, though. Did she make it on time for once? Awesome.

"Yo, Shiro!" Maria spins to the left and slides to a stop, her bike facing the small group of contracts. "How you doing today? I didn't know this is gonna be a tea-" She looks at the others, and takes out her headphones. "Oh, wow. Florida Man and Gunslinger Girl. My two favorite superheroes."

"Excuse me?" Juliana arched an eyebrow at the nickname she'd apparently just been given as she took in the sight of the latest arrival. "Wait a second, hang on." A girl on a motorbike...was that...? "The Hakurei facility in Tokyo, about three weeks back. That was you? Sorry, I didn't exactly get a chance to introduce myself at the time, I was a little indisposed. So you two know each other then?," she asked, looking between the new arrival and Shiro.

She blinked at Espinoza's expression as he watched the girl on the bike pull up in front of them. "Wait, do you know her too? Oh Espinoza," she said with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth, "don't tell me you've been busy too."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TurninTrix posted:

"Yeah, that was me. I'm Maria. I work for Hakurei and I ride a bike. Nice to meet you." She says to the other blonde with a grin. After which she halfheartedly raises a finger towards Storms. "And yeah, I met this guy in a warzone some time back. Totally saved his rear end, too."

"Is that right?," Juliana said with a chuckle as she glanced over at Espinoza. "Yes, that does sound like him...the warzone part, I mean. Anyway, Juliana Morgan, Algol Extraterran Interests. Apparently I'm on loan for the duration."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Destrado posted:

"Ah, Sir! Various Madams! It is indeed good to be reunited with some of my most favoured clients. And those of you I have yet to convince, of course..."

He takes a moment to mentally draw himself a flowchart of conversation.

"Ah, so Sir and Madam are already acquainted? And Madam and Madam? And..." he trails off as he takes in the group as a whole. "Our partners at Hakurei appear to be soliciting a sizable sum of shooting and/or stabbing this afternoon. Most pleasing. I may have to procure a clearance for some additional supplies."

"Oh come on now," Juliana thought to herself as yet another person joined their group...just how many people had Hakurei brought on board for this assignment anyway? This one, at least, she was definitely familiar with. "Ando, it's good to see you're still in one piece too, though I can't say I was expecting to see you here. And I told you before, Juliana is fine. Honestly, we shot up half of the Tokyo Defense Show together, I think that entitles you to use my name."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: 1 FP

Juliana was distracted from the rather unexpected sight of Shiro suddenly acting like an excited fangirl at Ando's arrival by the appearance of what she assumed was yet another member of their merry little group...only this one was enough to make her do a double-take as she watched the young, very young girl make her way over to join them.

She had been a bit busy dealing with the Green Fury to notice much of what else had happened at the Hakurai Tokyo facility, and one bit of furious gunfire tended to blend into all the rest after a while, so she was completely unprepared for the sight of the incongruously hard-bitten teenager casually strolling up to the rest of them, the telltale bulge of a sizable handgun visible through the winter jacket bundled around her (which was startling enough in its own right given Miami's climate). "Oh Hakurei can't be serious. Is this someone's idea of a joke? They can't send her into harm's way, she's all of sixteen if she's a day!"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MadRhetoric posted:

"Yeah, I'm a magical girl. Transform and everything." she gave Juliana a dirty look, exhaling so cigarette smoke poured from her mouth. "Best deal with it if you don't want to 'transform' into a cripple."

Confusion and concern over the prospect of bringing a young girl into what was almost certainly going to be an active warzone gave way to surprise followed quickly by indignation as the "cripple" remark cut deep. "You cheeky bitch. I'd slap the taste out of your mouth if it wouldn't break your bloody jaw."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ronwayne posted:

"Hey, guys...ladies...women? Females? People; look, shooting each other before the meeting starts is what lovely gangers do. Miami is full of those. I PRESUME they wanted some folks who are a little more controlled. So can we save the heated tension that ultimately blossoms into a storm of collateral damage culminating in respect (causing onlookers and lovely internet people to ship both of you in their fanfic) until we're actually on mission?"

Juliana grudgingly relented, giving Espinoza a strange look at the mention of "shipping," whatever that was all about. "Fine then. Try and show a little concern and see what it gets you," she muttered, glancing around the wooded shrine and wondering how much longer the Hakurai representative was going to be. Magical girls...honestly.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MadRhetoric posted:

She cracked something that could generously be caused a smile at Juliana, her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, if the B'rrbi Doll wants to eat a Brilliant Blossom Bullet, that's on her. I won't do it here because I'm a professional."

"Yeah?," Juliana said, aiming a dirty look over her sunglasses at the supposedly magical girl. "Professional what?"

Whatever else she might have had to say got set aside for later as the Hakurai representative, looking rather young herself, finally arrived. "God, am I really the oldest one here? Well that's a bit depressing." Schooling her features, she switched the black briefcase she was carrying to her left hand and extended her right. "Miss Miyazaki. It's all right, we weren't waiting long and the scenery's more pleasant than the rest of the city, anyway. And yes, let's."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

As the Hakurai representative called up a collage of AR images and readouts, Juliana grabbed hold of the signal with a quick mental prompt and patched it through her own internal heads-up display for a closer look. Unlike the others, her sunglasses were merely that...one of the perks of having a top of the line robotic body was never having to worry about losing your AR glasses.

Her brow furrowed and she opened her mouth to say something as the representative brought up ninjas...first "magical girls" and now ninjas, this was all starting to sound fairly ridiculous...but she closed it as she remembered how her own little adventure in Dubai had involved a mysterious white-haired swordswoman appearing out of nowhere and people transforming into monsters, so she supposed "ridiculous" was relative.

"Right then, these 'ninjas,' do you have any idea how they broke into your facility?," she asked, mentally flipping through the footage for anything relevant. "I'd like access to the security logs when we visit the facility if you don't mind. Any information Hakurei has on this group would be helpful as well...known associates, means and motives, that sort of thing. And also any relevant technical specifications of the power suit in question...assuming these people have it and know how to use it, I'd like to know how to stop it."

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Service to help secure Hakurei's full cooperation for this investigation without any disingenuity or "sorry that's classified" shenanigans.

Rolling +//+ +4 = 6

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Thank you," Juliana said with a nod as the representative sent the specs over. Difficult extraterrestrial terrain? Now that was interesting. Was that why AEI and Hakurei seemed so chummy lately? Though what could Algol want with militarized, space-capable power suits? Relations with the Migou weren't exactly warm, per se, but the company tended to have more of a rapport with them than the NEG did, and regardless things definitely weren't strained enough to warrant arming up like this. As far as she knew, anyway. "'Curiouser and curiouser' as the story goes. And speaking of rabbits..."

She looked over the rest of the design specifications as they came up...she was no engineer, but during her time both at MI5 and AEI she'd picked up enough about common military- and security-grade power suits (particularly the sorts likely to be employed by terrorists like the Green Fury) to give her an idea of the prototype's overall capabilities. She had to hand it to Hakurei, it was a fairly impressive bit of design if she was understanding these specs right.

"Here, take a look at this," she said to Espinoza, copying the readouts over to his display with a flick of her head. "Fully space capable, which means it'll have environmental seals and its own air supply. And check out the maneuverability readouts...this thing's fast and those jump pods are no slouch either. It's going to be a nightmare trying to keep up with it in any sort of urban terrain."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"I don't doubt it," Juliana said to Shiro with a respectful glance. She still wasn't entirely clear what the other woman's deal was precisely, but she knew that she'd managed to keep up with her in Dubai which, not to be too immodest, was no mean feat. "Personally I'd prefer not to have to fight this thing at all, but if it comes to it he's right about the jump pods anyway...disabling those will make corralling this thing a whole lot simpler. Also it depends on what they want it for. If they're planning some sort of rampage through downtown I'm going to try and stop it however I can. I mean, I'm not really sure what ninjas want with a power suit in the first place, but I'm assuming they stole it for a reason. It could be industrial espionage now that I think about it, steal it and sell it off to the competition or the highest bidder, but usually that sort of thing's a bit more...subtle than this."

"I can try running this through facial recognition, see if I get any hits," she went on, pulling up the security footage of what was ostensibly the ninja team's leader. "Normally I wouldn't even bother given he's wearing a mask, but that is a rather striking mustache, I have to admit. Not the sort of thing you're likely to forget." She isolated the image Espinoza had shared with them from the feed and mentally spun up a new connection, a window opening in her heads-up display as she began running the man's picture through the local and federal facial recognition databases as well as Interpol in the hopes that he was already on file with one of them.

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Services to run a formal check on known criminal mustaches. With Orokos as my witness that's 4dF = +1, +4 for the skill for a total of 5.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"An inside job...there seems to be a lot of that going around lately," Juliana remarked dryly as a rapid-fire montage of faces flashed by in her HUD. "I...wait, hang on." The image window had come to a stop, the words POSITIVE MATCH flashing beneath a picture of a man who could only be the person in the surveillance footage given both his mask and his facial hair. "I don't believe it. I actually got a hit," she said, sounding slightly shocked as she sent the results to everyone else's AR displays. "That's our mustache all right, wanted for a variety of ninja-like activities to boot."

"So how do you want to do this?" she asked, turning towards Maria who, of everyone else there, seemed like the most take-charge of the bunch. "Hakurei seems more your turf. If you want to follow up with the facility I can head down to the port, see if anyone knows Mr. Armstrong's latest whereabouts or whether he's been by to try and offload a suspiciously new-looking power suit lately."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Yeah, I figured as much," Juliana muttered as Anna volunteered to go with Maria, which was just as well by her. She accepted the other girl's friend request, adding her to her contacts list even as she called up a local area map, tagging the Port with a way-marker. "Anyway, don't worry about us. That's why I'm bringing Espinoza along...he's surprisingly resourceful," she said with a brief smile before nodding at Ando. "Right then, you two ready?"

She shifted her briefcase again, shaking the Hakurei representative's hand once more. "Miss Miyazaki, we'll let you know as soon as we find anything."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana

mistaya posted:

"Be careful with my good luck charm!" She calls after Juliana, waving to Storms and Ando before following Maria and Anna.

"Don't worry," Juliana called back over her shoulder as they departed. "I'll make sure and bring him back in one piece."

"'Good luck charm,' huh? Well, it looks like you two have hit it off," she said teasingly to Espinoza as he led them out of the shrine and towards his car. She had a ride of her own but there was no sense in splitting up even further, besides which he seemed more familiar with the city than she was, so she sent a brief command to the company car's AutoNav systems and sent it driving itself back to AEI.

Friday February 10 2119, 3:23PM EST

Juliana stepped out of the SUV, taking a moment to savor the relative silence of flowing water and heavy industrial machinery. Knowing that Miami was where Espinoza had been born certainly helped explain a lot. ::Thank you,:: she subvocalized back, noting the access code for future reference, ::that's very thoughtful.:: Espinoza was prepared as always it seemed, which is largely why she'd brought him along. It certainly wasn't for his taste in music.

Fortunately she'd come prepared as well. In her black pantsuit, sunglasses, and black briefcase in hand, Juliana looked generically official enough to not stick too badly out of place here at the port, which is what she was counting on to get her through the main gates without any hassle.

As they entered the port proper, she decided to do a little quiet poking around in the security network to see what she could find. She wasn't really much of a hacker, but one didn't spend five years working for MI5 without picking up a few tricks here and there. AR windows blossomed around her as intrusion programs went to work while, to all outside observation, she merely seemed to be glancing around the port disinterestedly.

Rolling Systems to do some sweet and discreet cyber hacking to see what the Port of Miami's patchy security systems might see and have seen.

21:57 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge +1
21:57 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /+++ +1 = 4
21:57 <Kai_Tave> I like you, Krysmbot. You're an okay guy.
22:00 <Davin_Valkri> Krysmbot is a dick

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The AR windows around her closed, reopening a moment later and resolving into a multitude of camera feeds, comms traffic, and computer readouts as the Port of Miami's security systems folded like a cheap suit for her. ::I've tapped into the systems here,:: she subvocalized to Espinoza as she wandered further into the port, trying to look as though she knew where she was going rather than investigating the area. ::The cybersecurity here is absolutely appalling, by the way. Whoever's bright idea it was to make the password here "swordfish" ought to be fired.::

The physical security wasn't much better, she noticed. Flipping through the camera feeds it was easy to tell that the port was rife with blind spots, perfect for keeping one's clandestine activities secret she surmised. That was going to make finding any useful information something of a crapshoot but it beat simply wandering around aimlessly and hoping she ran into a mustachioed ninja with a stolen power suit in tow. Giving every impression of examining a collection of shipping containers she began working her way back through the systems' surveillance recordings starting with today's and working back as far as the ramshackle setup permitted.

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Service to sift through security feeds and recordings past and present for something useful.

20:50 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge +4
20:50 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-/- +4 = 3
20:50 <Kai_Tave> Eh, good enough.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

::Oh really?,:: Juliana sent back, studying the images in her AR display. "Gotcha." And there was the power suit too...it didn't look like it was here anymore though, but the club seemed like a promising place to start looking for where it might have been shipped. ::Well I think I just found where the leader likes to conduct his business and wouldn't you know it, it happens to be close by.::

She quickly sent him a handful of images pulled from the cameras showing the club and the dock where the power suit had been loaded onto the boat. ::He's been in and out of this club all week, and this footage is from last night...they offloaded the suit from that dock there. How about we head on over and see if anyone's in a talkative mood, hm? As for your tail, if you think he's about to be a threat then go ahead and take care of him. Less lethally if you can...they haven't killed anyone so far...but don't take any chances. I promised Shiro I'd bring you back in one piece after all. I'm headed your way now.::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP: 1

"On it," Juliana said, breaking into a run as the familiar sound of a stingball grenade detonating rang throughout the port. Rounding the corner she saw the ninja...and sure enough it was a ninja, black pajamas and all. "Honestly, you have got to be kidding me," she thought as she quickly closed the gap on the reeling figure, grabbing one of his arms and yanking it behind his back before slamming him up against the nearest wall. "You know, it's rude to sneak up on people," she said conversationally as she held the ninja in place with effortless strength. "It's also rude to take things that don't belong to you, but I'm guessing you know that already. Your boss, the one with the mustache, is he at the club now?"

Rolling Physique to grapple this guy. Hm, okay, it looks like I read the grappling rules wrong, my bad. First I have to tag an aspect that would let me initiate a grapple, so THE WORLD IS MADE OF LIGHT AND PAIN works for that but I don't get the +2. Then roll Physique:

22:33 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
22:33 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-//+5 = 5
22:33 <Kai_Tave> !respec knuckles

And then Inhuman Strength adds +1 for the purposes of grappling, so my total is 6.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 24, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP 1

"Ah, good. Cooperative...I like that, it's a refreshing change of pace," Juliana said lightly even as she maintained her hold on the ninja. "We'll go and have a chat with him in a moment, but as long as you're here perhaps you can answer some questions for us." She gave his arm a twist, pulling him up onto his tiptoes in order to keep it from dislocating. "Like how many of your friends will be waiting for us when we go to see him. And how come you're spying on us in the first place...did someone tell you we'd be coming?"

Gonna use my free supplemental grapple action to hit this guy with a maneuver, Feeling Talkative. Then I have to roll grappling again at -1. With Orokos as my witness I get another 6.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Theatrics?," Juliana said mildly incredulously, ignoring the struggling fruitlessly in her grip as she turned towards Ando. "I'm not the one wearing a Halloween costume in the middle of the bloody afternoon. Plus head-to-toe black in this heat? It must be like an oven in that getup."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana: FP: 1

"What, so he just has you out here tailing anyone who happens to be visiting one of the busiest ports in the country?," Juliana asked, looking at the ninja over the top of her sunglasses. "Don't take this the wrong way, but for ninjas you lot seem a bit rubbish at all this. So, nine or ten plus your boss, three of us...those sound like fair odds to me. You've been quite helpful, thank you. Oh, and one more thing," she went on, adjusting her hold on the black-clad figure as she yanked him away from the wall, "I'm assuming that since you're a Miami ninja that you know how to swim."

And with that she reared back and flung him across the lot as hard as she could, shading her eyes with one hand as she watched him plummet towards the water below. "Right, well that's sorted. Come on then, let's double-time it before this leader of theirs manages to give us the slip." Dusting off her hands, she picked her briefcase back up, straightened out her jacket, and began making her way towards the club.

Ending the grapple and rolling Physique to chuck the ninja into the water from here, which I'm assuming is a zone away.

23:24 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
23:24 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /++-+5 = 6
23:24 <Kai_Tave> loving love Krysmbot
23:25 <mistaya> Well someone needs to get krysmbot's good rolls.
23:25 <mistaya> Davin sure doesnt

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ronwayne posted:

"So, we're going clubbing again?" Storms leans out the driver's side window and smiles as he hears the splash. "We wanna bring the rest of the team along or just update them?" He waits for the rest of the team, shifts the vehicle into 1st and starts heading to the destination.

"Looks like," Juliana said, quickly sliding into the passenger seat as Espinoza brought the SUV up alongside her. "I don't think we'll need to interrupt the others in the middle of whatever they're doing, I'm sure they've got their hands full investigating the facility, but I'll let them know what we've found."

She called up Maria's contact information as Espinoza drove, patching through to the other woman's phone. ::Maria? It's Juliana. We're at the port...we've got footage that places the ninjas and the power suit here last night, it looks like they loaded it onto a boat and shipped it elsewhere. We're heading over to a club that the leader apparently bases his operations out of right now to see if we can't find where it's headed. How are things on your end?::

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Juliana glanced at the AR display as Maria ended the call. What was that about a ramp? "Huh," she said out loud for the benefit of the other passengers. "Well it sounds like they're having company of their own. Miami ninjas certainly do get around if nothing else. Maria says they've got a suspect for the inside job that they're following up on and to go ahead without them for now...it sounds like they've got things well in hand on their end."

Ronwayne posted:

Arlington drives off while talking to her at the same time she's gabbing with the others. She's got a brain computer, so she can multitask, right? <We going in heavy or scouting the place or do you want me in backup while you locate the dudes? Because there's a storage place along the way where I've got some of my uh, heavier stuff>

"Oh come on," she said with a chuckle, "you saw the one back there. If that's the best Miami has to offer ninja-wise I hardly think we need to break out the big guns for this...unless there's something in particular you had in mind? Otherwise I'm inclined to simply walk through the front door. Who knows? Now that their part in this is done they might not mind simply telling us where they had it sent. Well," she went on at the look Espinoza gave her, "it's possible anyway. And if not, you know how persuasive I can be," she said with a grin.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

::Copy that,:: Juliana subvocalized back as she stepped out of the SUV, paying no mind to the rain as she waited for Espinoza to catch back up with the rest of them. "Right then, shall we?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Ando? Ando, are you com-" Juliana blinked as she checked the back of Espinoza's SUV only to find that the businessman wasn't there after all. What was there, on the other hand, was the sort of heavy weapon that one usually found carried by military power suits or support gunners using a gyro-harness. They usually didn't come in pink, though.

Ronwayne posted:

"Ah, Juliana, how about you take front, find the dudes, give me an AR display and we get the innoc-er, the UNINVOLVED out of there. This sumbitch can probably punch through the external walls at whatever targets you paint."

"All right then," Juliana said, looking back and forth between the weapon and the club and reaching a decision. It seemed ungrateful to simply leave Ando's "gift" behind, but there was no way Espinoza was going to carry that into a club without causing an incident, disabled security or no. "Looks like we won't be needing to stop by your warehouse after all. I'll give you a ring if I need you to weigh in. Won't be long, stay sharp." Adjusting her tie and pushing her sunglasses up on her nose, she opened the door...

Friday February 10 2119, 3:36PM EST

...and stepped into a sea of neon. Even this early in the day there were already patrons here, none of which looked particularly ninja-esque, but that was easily enough taken care of. Walking up to the nearest bartender, she set her briefcase down and pulled a certified credit stick out of the inside of her suitcoat, wirelessly flashing him an encrypted transfer code for $500, the key to be sent when she was satisfied. It was company money, after all. If AEI wanted her out here running around with the Miami ninja crew they could bloody well cover expenses. "Everyone here who isn't a ninja needs to leave. Now. And I'm looking for this mustache," she went on, sending him a still image of Armstrong in mid-heist. "Have you seen him?"

Rolling Provoke to clear out non-ninjas.

04:29 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-//+2 = 2
04:29 <Kai_Tave> Dang, what is it to make a declaration?
04:29 <Kai_Tave> Well, I'll probably just spend my FP anyway.
04:30 <Kai_Tave> Okay, Ettin I'm bribing/intimidating the bartender to shoo all non-ninja patrons out of the club.
04:30 <Kai_Tave> What would that be?
04:31 <Ettin> Let's say Fair (+2) because drama
04:31 <Kai_Tave> So a 2 is a success?

So I place the aspect Target-Rich Environment on the club.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

As the various non-ninja patrons beat a hasty retreat, Juliana switched her heads-up display over to combat mode. Target trackers sprang to life in her field of vision, reticules sliding over black-clad figures while heuristic systems calculated threat assessments and ran violence probability indexes in real-time.

It was all perhaps a bit overkill for a bunch of people running around in black pajamas she had to admit, but if you had something like that handy, she figured, then you might as well get some use out of it. She opened a channel to Espinoza, transmitting an interior layout of the club with various ninjas' positions superimposed upon it. ::Civvies should be clear. Stand by.::

She turned at the sound of the voice as it emerged from the back of the club...and blinked. That was the mustache all right, and it was even more impressive in person. It was honestly rather amazing just how impressive that mustache was...she'd known SAS sergeants who'd have killed for a mustache like that. But when you were a brain in a jar stuffed into a small fortune worth of military-grade cybernetics, when you'd spent the last several months squaring off against Green Fury militants and punching holes through the chests of extradimensional monstrosities, it took more than a mustache, even an impressive one, to throw you off your game.

"Ah, Mr. Armstrong," Juliana said cordially. "There you are. You're...not a very hard man to find at all, actually, which works out quite nicely for me. Last night you and your associates broke into a Hakurei Industries facility and stole a prototype power suit," she went on, voice turning businesslike. "I have footage that places you at the facility as well as at a nearby dock where you loaded the suit onto a boat and had it shipped to an as yet undisclosed location."

"To be perfectly frank, I'm not really interested in you or your ninjas. My only concern is for the suit in question, so if you'll be so kind as to answer two simple questions for me then I can be out of your hair and leave you and your friends here to whatever it is you do in your spare time; who hired you to steal the suit from Hakurei, and where did you have it shipped to?"

Rolling Will to resist the STACHE

05:54 <Ranbar_> >Fantastic Moustache.
05:54 <Ranbar_> don't you mean
05:54 <Ranbar_> Mantastic?
05:56 <Kai_Tave> OH NO.
05:56 <Kai_Tave> Enter the Stache
05:56 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+3
05:56 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, ++-/+3 = 4
05:57 <Kai_Tave> STACHE DENIED

Then rolling Provoke to push Galford on the matter of the suit.

06:30 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+2
06:30 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-/++2 = 3

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 26, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

And things had been going so smoothly, too.

One moment she was asking the mustache in charge where the power suit was, all very polite and not at all concerned by the fact that she was currently surrounded by ninjas. Well, Miami ninjas anyway. All she was doing was following up on a lead, nice and professional.

The next thing she knew papers were flying everywhere and from a cardboard box she could swear hadn't been there 30 seconds ago was... "Ando? What in the bloody hell!?" What was he doing in here? What had he been doing in a box? Where on earth had he gotten that mustache? "Good lord, it's spreading."

Ettin posted:

"WHAT!" Galford bellows, and raises his nunchaku in response to the moustache challenge.

"Enough of this! Get them!" The other nine ninja mobilise!

"Right then, so much for the easy way." Juliana hefted her briefcase and depressed a switch on the handle.

SecuraTech Ltd. was a weapons manufacturer, one of many throughout the world. They didn't have the venerable history of Seburo-Glock or the aggressively market-researched and demographically-leveraged aesthetic design of ExoCute, but what they did have was a high-capacity submachine gun that fit completely and unnoticeably within a briefcase-shaped shell.

Before the ninjas could do much more than strike a pose Juliana's briefcase fell away revealing the SMG beneath and quick as a flash cocked the bolt back and shouldered the weapon, taking aim at the nearest group of ninjas threatening them and snap-firing a burst. "Espinoza! Light'em up!"

Juliana has an SMG (Weapon 2, spray)! The firepower was within you all along.

I am attacking some ninja. Rolling Guns.

09:05 <HoratioS> Dicks
09:05 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+4
09:05 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /-//+4 = 3
09:06 <Kai_Tave> That's...adequate.

Gonna use a free invoke on Target-Rich Environment to bring that up to a 5 (Weapon 2). Just targeting one ninja.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 2

It really was just like Dubai all over again.

Juliana was at the center of a storm. High-velocity cannon rounds tore through the club all around her, neon signs popping and exploding as ninjas dove for cover. Galford, though, was made of sterner stuff it seemed and he actually leaped towards her. Before she could bring her gun to bear he was on her with a flurry of punches, kicks, and strikes from his nunchaku. She blocked and sidestepped, trying to draw a bead on him...whatever else one could say about his ninja cohorts, Galford actually seemed to know what he was doing...but before she could he lashed out and smashed the gun out of her hand, sending it skidding across the room.

Seconds later part of the ceiling decided to come down, forcing the two of them apart. She swore, vision flicking to thermal imaging to see through the growing cloud of dust and debris. She couldn't see where Galford had gotten himself off to, but she did see more ninjas. Shuriken whizzed past her, one bouncing off her cheek as she closed in on the nearest one and slammed a cybrnetic fist right in his face. With a crunch the ninja's head shot back as he went flying through the air before slamming into the bar and collapsing on the floor in a heap of black fabric and throwing stars.

Self-compelling to have my gun knocked away. Then rolling Fists to deck some dudes.

22:38 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
22:38 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +-/-+5 = 4

Free tagging Collapsing Roof to add +2 to that for a total of 6 (Weapon 2 from Inhuman Strength).

23:01 <Ettin> Okay ninja dodges
23:01 <Ettin> !r fudge+2#2
23:01 <Krysmbot> Ettin, --/-+2 = -1

So the unlucky ninja takes 8 stress and is taken out.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 27, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Juliana FP: 2

As soon as she'd taken one ninja down another three...no, five...jumped in to take his place. She had to give them this much, whatever else Miami ninjas had going for them they were persistent.

Persistent, but still not very good. She weaved out of the way of incoming punches and kicks, blocking attacks with cybernetic reflexes while those hits that did get through didn't manage to do much more than glance off her armored body. One of them was quicker than the others though, and before she could do anything he ducked inside her guard and lashed out with a lightning-quick punch...

...that landed against her face with as much effect as if he'd tried to punch down a bank vault. She glared at him over the top of her sunglasses which had been knocked askew by the blow. "Oh give it a rest," she said, grabbing his arm and tossing him into a nearby wall hard enough to leave a ninja-shaped indentation.

Punchin' ninjas all day long, doo-dah, doo-dah...

23:47 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
23:47 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, --+/+5 = 4
23:48 <Ettin> !r fudge+2
23:48 <Krysmbot> Ettin, ----+2 = -2
23:48 <Kai_Tave> Thanks!
23:48 <Ettin> How terrible
23:49 <Kai_Tave> Miami ninjas, man.

That's a total of 6 (Weapon 2) for another defeated ninja.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Physical: OOOXOOOO

Cannon rounds continued to tear the building apart as Juliana fought, snatching up a nearby chair and batting a ninja aside as shurikens plinked off her body like hail. It might have been her imagination, but the remaining ninjas actually seemed to be gaining something approaching competence. Or maybe it was just that they were working that much harder not to be pitched into a nearby wall.

One of them flipped and cartwheeled out of the way as she pressed the attack, her blows falling just short of the mark while another two leaped at her and tried to tackle her to the ground. They didn't quite manage to do so, but having a couple of ninjas hanging onto you definitely didn't help matters when you were trying to-

Her head snapped back as Galford suddenly slammed his fist into her jaw, sending her crashing backwards through the remains of a table. Her vision glitched for a brief moment before reasserting itself...that had actually, well, not hurt precisely but it had actually been a solid hit which was more than the rest of the Miami ninjas had managed to accomplish so far. It seemed like there was more to him than a mustache after all.

Standing back up she brushed debris and dust from her suitcoat, quickly whipping around as one of the ninjas attempted to tackle her from behind and driving her knee into his jaw before rearing back and punching him into the ground. "Right then," she said, turning back to Galford and pushing her sunglasses back up on her nose, "now where were we?"

Punching even more ninjas.

22:04 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
22:04 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, ++--+5 = 5
22:05 <Kai_Tave> Gonna spend a fate point to bump that to a 7. That's my attack Ettin.
22:08 <Ettin> !r fudge+2
22:08 <Krysmbot> Ettin, //+/+2 = 3

Spending a fate point to invoke Six Million Dollar Woman (Adjusting for Inflation) to bring my total result to 7 (Weapon 2) which is enough to spike another ninja.

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 28, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Physical: OOOXOOOO

And naturally, that was when the club collapsed.

Whatever Galford had been about to do next was interrupted as the hole-riddled building finally succumbed to the inevitable. Juliana looked up just in time to see the rest of the ceiling coming down with an earth-shaking rumble, burying her and the remaining ninjas under a mountain of debris.

Dust billowed skyward as the last bits of remaining masonry settled into place with a clatter. No more cannon fire, no more furious ninja fighting, for a long moment things were quiet and still (well, except for the fire that was currently raging out of control anyway).

As Espinoza approached the smoldering wreckage of the club a fist punched its way out of the rubble, dislodging an avalanche of stone and rebar. Juliana slowly pulled herself from the wreckage of the nightclub, shifting hundred-pound chunks of debris out of her way as though they weighed nothing. Her hair was in disarray, her suit liberally covered in dust, and her sunglasses had been broken, but she was otherwise unharmed. The ninjas that had been next to her when the building had come down, on the other hand, hadn't had the good fortune to be military-grade cyborgs...a pair of black pajama-clad feet could be seen sticking out of the bottom of the debris pile.

She glanced around, surveying the area for any signs of Galford...nothing, not even a mustache hair. Either he'd been crushed under the club along with the rest of his ninjas, which she somehow doubted, or he'd managed to get away, without answering any of her questions to boot. "Bollocks," she muttered irritably, removing her cracked and shattered sunglasses and tossing them aside.

Rolling to not get crushed by a collapsing nightclub.

00:51 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+5
00:51 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /++-+5 = 6
00:51 <Kai_Tave> Physique.
00:51 <Drakkar> ..
00:51 <Drakkar> WELL OK

Kai Tave fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 28, 2013

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

As the dust settled, Juliana could hear sounds coming from the mostly intact office that had somehow managed to survive the club's collapse. Carefully making her way over to the door to check and see if someone had been trapped inside during all the fighting, she threw the door open...and found Ando casually going through filing cabinets and computer records as though nothing had happened. Hadn't he just been...?

A flashing icon in her HUD notified her that somewhere between fighting ninjas and having a nightclub collapse on top of her that she'd missed a call. Deciding it was better not to ask, she left him to what he was doing and played it back.

TurninTrix posted:

She flips up her phone and sends a voice mail to Juliana. "Hey, hope you guys are alright. So we found someone tied up in the van, turns out the ninjas do cult stuff and sacrifice people. So that's really sick. Long story short, Samantha here used to be a ninja but she isn't anymore and she can help a bit before I drive her home. We know now that their main base is in Havana and that's likely where the Moon Rabbit's going. Call back soon, I'll patch her in and she can probably answer any questions you guys have."

Her expression darkened as she listened to the message. Juliana was fairly indifferent on the subject of ninjas, but cultists were another matter entirely. Well then, that changed things...it meant that Espinoza was going to get a chance to break out the really big guns after all.

Dusting her suit off she called Maria back. "Hi. Yeah, sorry about not answering, we got caught up in something." In the background something exploded as the fire reached it. "We found Galford but he managed to give us the slip. Ando's going through his files now. If they shipped the suit to Havana then we'll need to hurry, they've got a half a day's head start on us and from there they could be sending it anywhere in the world. We'll meet back up with you and I'll see if I can't arrange transport for us. Listen, ask this Samantha exactly what sort of cultists these ninjas are...do we need to be prepping any sort of magical countermeasures?"

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

"Yes, that turned out to be just the thing, thank you Ando." While Espinoza disposed of the cannon, Juliana went over the files that the businessman had managed to salvage from the wreckage of the club. So there was no third party, the ninjas had actually stolen the power suit for themselves. They could certainly use the help, she thought to herself wryly, on their own they were kind of a joke. But it did make their job a lot easier at any rate...all they had to do was find this dojo and they would, presumably, find the Moon Rabbit rather than having to track it down once it left Cuba.

The rest of the intel, though...knowing the ninjas had an engineer on hand was good to know, but then there were things like "master of seizonjutsu" and "gun-fu" that she couldn't quite decide whether she should be rolling her eyes over or not...well at least some of them had the sense enough to use guns instead of throwing stars. And Galford had managed to survive the club collapsing she was forced to concede. That didn't mean she was about to start taking Miami ninjas any more seriously, though.

But they were also cultists, and ninjas or not that did make them dangerous. Snake cultists were new, at least. Still probably just as much trouble as the last bunch. She wondered if any of them turned into giant snakes or possibly snake-man ninja monsters of some sort. Her hand reflexively twitched, fingers clenching until she forced them to relax.

While everyone else made arrangements to meet back up and discuss their next move (which seemed fairly straightforward to her...travel to Cuba, go to this dojo that the woman they'd rescued knew about, and start thrashing ninjas until they ran out of ninjas to thrash) she placed a call of her own to the supervisor she was stick with while she was transferred to the Miami branch. ::Royce? It's me. We've found a lead on the theft, they've gone and taken it to Havana. I need fast transport for six, private charter, plus a vehicle on-site.::

Rolling Xenodiplomatic Security Service to arrange for some awesome transportation to Cuba. I'm leaving the exact nature of this awesome transportation up to the GM, but it'll need to seat six plus a motorcycle. Plus probably a bunch of guns too.

23:34 <TurninTrix> i still think YBF is on the level
23:34 <Kai_Tave> He's still himself, though.
23:34 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+4
23:34 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, -+/++4 = 5

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

::Got it,:: Juliana replied as Shiro's directions appeared in her AR display. ::We'll meet you there.::

"New directions," she said to Espinoza as he pulled away from the former club, smoke and halon mingling in the background. "Looks like drinks will have to wait until we get to Cuba."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Friday February 10 2119, 4:01PM EST

Cultural stereotypes notwithstanding, Juliana could appreciate a good cup of tea and after battling ninjas in a collapsing nightclub that was definitely just what the doctor ordered. The cookies weren't half bad either.

She split her attention between Samantha's hospitality and the local newsfeeds, idly keeping an eye on things while she waited for Royce to get back with her regarding transport.

WPLX Action 10 Live Reporting posted:

...MetroSec officials are blaming security tampering for their slow response. Fortunately the fire was contained before it could spread, although Port fire response teams claim that the blaze was already neutralized before they arrived. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack which resulted in at least six fatalities and the destruction of the 2012 Odyssey Club and MetroSec is asking any witnesses to visit their website...

"Thank you again for having us over. And for all the information, it's very helpful" she said to Samantha as she set her cup back down. "If you'd like I can ask to have some AEI security personnel stationed outside your house until this whole thing is sorted out. I don't mean to frighten you, it's just that if these ninjas abducted you once then they might try to do so again. Though I imagine at the moment they have more pressing concerns," she said, taking another sip of tea with a smile. "Forgive me if this is a personal question, but where's your husband while all this is going on?"

She glanced over curiously as Samantha unlocked a door that opened into what looked like a hidden pantry...then blinked as the not-very-ninjaish-seeming housewife revealed the hidden weapons compartments within. "You are officially my new favorite person," she said, standing and looking over the selection appreciatively...god love Ando, but she had a certain image to maintain that hot pink firearms just didn't quite help with...before (at Samantha's insistence) helping herself to a Seburo-Glock P22 and an FN F3000 assault carbine, checking the action and the sights on each.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

Samantha blushes when the topic of her husband comes up. "Ah, well, he's no longer with us. Nothing to do with the Clan, if it were he would have died of snake bites.

"Ah, I see," Juliana said sympathetically. She'd suspected that might be the case. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"As for Mr. Armstrong, I can't say whether he was involved in your kidnapping or not but he's definitely involved in the theft. We had a...frank exchange of views earlier but he ducked out before we could wrap things up. If he hasn't gone to Havana it's possible he might still be in the area, so be careful."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Juliana shot Espinoza a look and smacked him upside the back of his head, careful not to apply too much force by accident. "What is the matter with you? Show a little class for god's sake. Honestly, there's a time and a place."

Whatever else she was going to say was cut short as she received an update that transport had arrived. "All right, looks like our ride's here...we're going in by air, shouldn't take us too long to arrive. Whatever you're bringing, best pack it now. Samantha, thank you again for all your help. If you need anything else do give us a call."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Friday February 10 2119, 4:42PM EST

She could hear them before she could see them, warning tones coming from the cockpit indicating that someone up on that hill had radar lock on the VTOL. Maybe it was just a bluff, or maybe the ninjas actually had something like functional air defenses-

The VTOL jinked left as tracer fire whipped through the air where they'd been a moment ago. Not a bluff then.

She glared at Anna while she traded out her suitcoat and shoes for a tactical vest (not one of the ExoCute models. She'd been adamant that she wasn't wearing anything that had cat ears on any part of it.) and a pair of combat boots. Here they were flying into a firefight and the girl was both getting drunk and insinuating things about her and Espinoza that, if they didn't need the extra help at the moment, would have earned her a quick trip off the back of the aircraft without a parachute. Maybe they could drop her on the ninjas...the way fumes were wafting off of her she'd make a reasonable improvised fuel-air explosive.

Tabling her irritation as the VTOL pulled in low, she slid a magazine home into her carbine and cocked it, slinging it on her back before grabbing the grenade launcher that Samantha had generously donated to their cause. She'd been inclined to go a little easy on the ninjas at first...they tried so hard, it was honestly sort of endearing...but that was before she'd learned that they were cultists as well. Now they needed to hope that whatever snake god they worshiped was ready to have mercy on them because she most assuredly was not.

Gunfire and rockets began to pour downhill as they quickly pulled their recently acquired van into a dilapidated garage at the base of the hill, the VTOL quickly taking off to avoid getting shot down. It was cover, but it wasn't especially good cover and as explosions rocked the area nearby it wasn't likely to remain intact for very long.

And now the girl was doing cocaine. Lovely. This was going to go just swimmingly, she could tell.

Moving up to a nearby window she switched over to thermal imaging, picking out heat signatures among the buildings and nearby terrain. That...was quite a lot of ninjas actually. Well that was all right, it just meant there was plenty to go around for everyone.

And it looked like she'd already found her first share. "Snipers, 12 o'clock, by the gate!," she called out as bullets punched through the glass where her head had been a second ago. Another pair of shots cracked through the air, then she quickly rose and sent a grenade hurtling in their direction with a pneumatic PHOONT. A moment later her vision was awash in thermal bloom as an explosion sent chunks of masonry flying, and she took that opportunity to kick the door open and dash outside both to draw enemy fire away from her less durable colleagues as well as find some more advantageous cover of her own.

Hot, hot ninja grenading action.

21:22 <Kai_Tave> Hey Ettin.
21:22 <Ettin> Sup
21:22 <Kai_Tave> Dropping grenades on snipers.
21:22 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+4
21:22 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, +/--+4 = 3
21:22 <Ettin> !r fudge+3#2
21:22 <Krysmbot> Ettin, +++/+3 = 6, +//++3 = 5

Sniper ninjas are dicks. Okay, so I'm tagging Pink Guns Never Tire and one use of Countersniper for a total of 7. Grenades are Weapon 4, so after armor one sniper takes 4 stress and the other takes 5. We have one free use of Countersniper left.

Juliana then moves a zone since she has Inhuman Speed, and she'll take cover behind some convenient rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PHOONT

PHOONT

PHOONT

The nice thing about grenades launchers, as a rule, is that you didn't really need to aim them all that much. The explosions generally took care of that bit for you.

Bullets hammered away at the rocks Juliana was hunkered behind, several lucky rounds impacting against her body with no meaningful effect, as she used the grenade launcher like a mortar to walk explosions along the compound, forcing ninjas to stick to cover themselves or risk getting blown to pieces. "Espinoza, get some fire on those rockets!," she shouted over the sound of gunfire, sending another volley of grenades downrange.

Rolling defense.

03:09 <Drakkar> storms actually rode a rocket out dr strangelove style
03:09 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+4#2
03:09 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, --+/+4 = 3, -++++4 = 6

One hits for 2 stress, nullified by 2 armor.

Then rolling for a maneuver.

03:12 <Kai_Tave> !r fudge+4
03:12 <Krysmbot> Kai_Tave, /-+/+4 = 4
03:13 <Kai_Tave> Welp.

I place the scene aspect Rain of Fire.

• Locked thread