Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.
That is a fantastic OP. Absolutely amazing.

My fiancee and I are looking at going to Disney World to visit with out family - we live overseas, and would meet up with them there. Does anyone have any recommendations on visiting Disney World with a large group? Are any of the hotels or resorts particularly set up with groups of 12+ people in mind? We'd be looking to visit in January of this next year, to avoid the crowds, get some nice temperatures and hopefully some off season rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm#pi and http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=40

I don't have any recommendations, but that has a listing of restaurants and reviews from folks that've been down there recently. And menus, too.

This is a great link. I remember vividly going as a kid - I have no idea how old - and thinking that the Garden Grill in Epcot was absolutely amazing, because they just kept bringing us more and more food to share amongst ourselves. I'd never been to a restaurant like that before. Plus, characters.

Does anyone have any recommendations on any of the in-park places that are really, really strikingly good? Good food, good atmosphere, something worth being a destination in the park instead of just a place to fill up?

This is the best thread for getting my fiancee all excited about this. She's never been, despite being a Disney fanatic. Wrong continent and all that.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007

Nathilus posted:

There are quite a few more but I'm going to stop before I hurt myself.

Awesome stuff, thank you so much. I haven't been since I was a kid, so I have really foggy memories of eating, and I wasn't sure how things might have changed in the meantime. I'm glad to hear that the Epcot restaurants are still fantastic. I vaguely remember the San Angel Inn from last time we went - or at least, I remember eating a bean burrito at a table someplace dark, which seems to fit the description.

And the resort restaurants seem perfect. We were on a pretty strict budget when I went as a kid, and WDW was a big stretch for us as it was. Now that I have the means to, taking my parents out to a few of the nicer places would be a nice chance to pay them back for putting on with me and my squabbling siblings during that trip. Plus, by the time I've paid to fly back to the US, food won't seem like much of a budget hit.

I'm not huge into character dining - I always feel kinda bad for whoever's in the suit, and it ruins the experience - but my partner is incredibly into the princesses and villains.

And Boma sounds perfect. Animal Kingdom was my favorite of all of the parks, but when we went there we were near the end of our trip and everyone was exhausted and eating muffins from stands all day because we were hot and tired. I always suspected there was good food to be found someplace in that park.