Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
My dad has been driving one of the boats that takes people from the various hotels to Downtown Disney for something like the last 5 years, and still loves it just as much as when he started. It also gives my wife and me a good excuse to go to WDW every year or so, which is an added plus.

Every one of the parks has some great stuff to do, but I find that we also tend to spend most of our time at Epcot. I have probably seen Illuminations a good five or six times, and it is still just as good as the first time. Once we were lucky enough to be there when they were launching a shuttle from Cape Canaveral. It was maybe thirty minutes before Illuminations started, so you could still see the trails in the sky when Illuminations began. I would post some of the pictures I took except they are pretty terrible. Needless to say, sitting in "Morocco" listening to the music while watching a shuttle take off with the sun setting on the other side was one of the most memorable things I have ever witnessed.

I still feel like the best day I have spent at WDW was just leisurely wandering around Hollywood Studios. Up until that point I wasn't so sure how I felt about the park, but now it is right up there with the other three. Just taking in the atmosphere at the park was fantastic, and I'd highly recommend it. We were only able to stand waiting in line for Fantasmic! once, but it was absolutely worth it. I'd say it is more entertaining than Illuminations, though I'm not sure it would put up to multiple viewings quite as well.

One other thing that I highly recommend if you have the time is riding Thunder Mountain Railroad at MK while the fireworks are going off. It's hard to explain just how cool it is to pop out from below and see the mortars bursting in the sky, but it is totally worthwhile. I should probably note that Wishes (the Magic Kingdom fireworks show) is definitely my least favorite of the three nighttime shows, but is still pretty impressive and worth seeing. I'm not a huge fan of fireworks though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
I just got back from a conference in San Diego, and I'm heading to WDW on Monday evening (Wife is a teacher and had to be there for the in-service day). I expect to do precisely zero work today and Monday. In fact, my boss suggested that I "work from home" *wink wink* on Monday, since having me there will be pretty much worthless.

We're planning on hitting Epcot on Wednesday for our wedding anniversary. I got a reservation to La Hacienda de San Angel at 8:30 so we can watch IllumiNations while celebrating by way of more alcohol (as though we won't already be totally smashed after Food and Wine).

This is going to be a long weekend :(